- News Deve Gowda lauds PM Modi for India's G20 presidency, hails efforts to broker peace between Russia, Ukraine
- Technology Delhi Comic Con 2022 Promises "Best Weekend Of The Year": Gaming Tournaments, Big Brands, Products Tipped
- Sports ONE Fight Night 5: Four key takeaways from penultimate event of 2022
- Movies Jr NTR To Introduce Sai Dharam Tej In Director Karthik Varma Dandu's Upcoming SDT 15 Title Glimpse!
- Finance HDFC Securities Indian Chemical Sector 2.0 Stock Picks: Buy 7 Stocks For Returns Up To 47%
- Lifestyle Datta Jayanti 2022: Happy Dattatreya Jayanti Images, Wallpapers, Pics, Messages, And Whatsapp Status
- Education LAMP Fellowship 2023-24: Applications Open; Check Eligibility & How to Apply
- Travel Top Cities In USA To Celebrate Christmas 2022 Is Out. Here Is The List
Ahead of the launch of the Hyundai Ioniq 5 electric crossover in India, the South Korean automaker flagged off the upcoming electric crossover from its corporate headquarters in Gurugram.
Moreover, the flagged off Hyundai Ioniq 5 electric crossover vehicle will explore the 7 wonders of India, which includes the likes of the Golden Temple, Taj Mahal, Temples of Khajuraho, Konark Sun Temple, Hampi, Gomteshwara Statue, and Ancient Ruins of Nalanda.
That being said, Hyundai Motor India recently confirmed the launch of the Ioniq 5 electric crossover by announcing the introduction of e-GMP (Electric-Global Modular Platform) in India. Furthermore, the Hyundai Ioniq 5 electric crossover is the first EV to utilise the South Korean automaker's e-GMP platform.
Though Hyundai is yet to announce the launch date for the Ioniq 5 electric crossover in India, we expect the South Korean automaker to launch the EV after showcasing the model at the upcoming Auto Expo in January.
Speaking about the Hyundai Ioniq 5, the electric crossover comes with two different battery pack options. This includes a smaller 58kWh battery pack and a larger 72.6kWh battery pack. In addition to these variations, Hyundai also offers both 2WD and AWD variants of the Hyundai Ioniq 5 electric crossover. However, in India, Hyundai is likely to equip the Ioniq 5 with the larger battery pack.
Diving into details, the 2WD variant of the Hyundai Ioniq 5 electric crossover is powered by a single 215bhp electric motor with 350Nm of peak torque, whereas the AWD variant of the electric crossover comes equipped with two electric motors powering each axle and producing a combined power of 302bhp and 605Nm of torque.
In terms of range, the 'long-range' variant equipped with the larger 72.6kWh battery pack and 2WD set-up is rated to cover more than 481kms per full charge. Also, thanks to the CKD route, we expect the upcoming Hyundai Ioniq 5 to be priced anywhere between Rs 38 lakh to Rs 45 lakh.
Thoughts About The Upcoming Hyundai Ioniq 5 Electric Crossover
With the premium EV segment steadily gaining traction in the Indian automotive market, the launch of the Hyundai Ioniq 5 electric crossover will give the South Korean automaker decent authority in the premium EV segment in India.
Moreover, the success of the Kia EV6 says a lot about the future of the premium EV segment in the country. As such, we expect the Hyundai Ioniq 5 to achieve a similar success rate.