- 9 hrs ago 2023 BMW X1 & iX1 India Launch Tomorrow – Here’s Everything You Should Know
- 11 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny & Fronx Clock More Than 14,000 Bookings – Waiting Period Shoots Up
- 14 hrs ago Toyota Innova Crysta Bookings Reopen – Updated Diesel Engine, Features & More
- 16 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Front Suspension Issue – Official Statement Out
- Sports Athlete turned entrepreneur Diksha Chhillar is bringing new waves of change in sports industry
- Movies Throwback: Priyanka Choudhary Reveals Ankit Gupta’s First Compliment For Her; Says ‘Isne Mujhe Bola Ki….’
- News Similar to Khanjawala accident, car hits scooty, drags rider for 350 meters in Delhi
- Lifestyle Makeup Tips: How To Fix Cakey Makeup Without Taking It Off?
- Finance Buy 5 Stocks That Can Soar Up To 60%: Motilal Oswal Top Stocks Recommendation
- Technology Poco X5 Pro 5G Global Variant Listing Indicates A Rebranded Redmi Note 12 Series Smartphone
- Travel Tata, Infosys Showing Interest In Monument Mitra Scheme, Know What It Is
- Education Professional Students' Summit-2023 to be held in Kerala
Ahead of the launch of Ioniq 5 in India, Hyundai has confirmed the presence of Hyundai SmartSense features in its upcoming EV.
This means the upcoming locally-assembled Hyundai Ioniq 5 electric crossover will use the South Korean automaker's advanced automated sensing technology to avoid accidents and make the EV safer.
This new technology in the upcoming Hyundai Ioniq 5 electric crossover will use its front and rear radar systems along with a front camera and other sensors in the EV to detect obstacles or respond to driver errors with respective countermeasures to avoid an accident.
According to the South Korean car manufacturer, the Hyundai SmartSense feature in the upcoming Ioniq 5 electric crossover is rated as Level 2 ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System), and comes with 21 active safety features as well to increase the safety quotient of the EV.
Diving into details, the 21 active safety features part of the Hyundai SamrtSense is divided into 3 categories - Driving Confidence, Driving Convenience, and Safety & Convenient Parking. It is worth mentioning that 'Driving Confidence' category sports highest number of active features at 13, whereas the other two categories sport 4 active safety features each.
The Driving Confidence category comes with features such as Forward Collision Warning, Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA) - Car, FCA - Pedestrian, FCA - Cycle, FCA - Junction Turning, Blind Spot Collision Warning, Blind Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist, Lane Keeping Assist, Lane Departure Warning, Driver Attention Warning, Blind-Spot view Monitor, Safe Exit Warning, and Safe Exit Assist.
On the other hand, the Driving Convenience category comes with features such as Smart Cruise Control with Stop & Go, Lane Follow Assist, High Beam Assist, and Leading Vehicle Departure Alert. Moreover, the Safe & Convenient Parking category comes with Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Warning, Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist, Surround View Monitor, and Rear Occupant Alert.
That being said, Hyundai recently flagged off the Ioniq 5 electric crossover from its corporate headquarters, where the electric vehicle will explore the 7 wonders of India and the model will be the second electric vehicle from Hyundai's stable in India after the Hyundai Kona EV.
In terms of powertrain, Hyundai is likely to equip the Ioniq 5 electric crossover with the larger 72.6kWh battery pack and the South Korean automaker is likely to offer the crossover with both 2WD and AWD layout, where the former is rated to cover more than 481kms per full charge.
Thoughts About The Upcoming Hyundai Ioniq 5 Electric Crossover
The launch of the Hyundai Ioniq 5 electric crossover will further expand the South Korean automaker's EV product portfolio in the country and we are expecting to see an overwhelming response from the target audience. That being said, the premium EV segment steadily gaining traction in India and the launch of the Hyundai Ioniq 5 electric crossover will give the South Korean automaker decent authority in the premium EV segment.