- 10 hrs ago Kia India Registers Highest Ever Monthly Sales - 25,87 Units Sold In September 2022
- 15 hrs ago Skoda India Witnesses 17 % Increase In Sales - Kushaq, Slavia Continue To Perform Well
- 1 day ago 2023 Tata Harrier Spotted Testing - Gets ADAS, New Design & More
- 1 day ago Aston Martin DBX 707 Launched At Rs 4.63 Crore - Bond's Family Car Is In India
- Movies Mere Sai’s Anaya Soni Suffers Kidney Failure, Actress Undergoes Hospitalisation & Is In Critical Condition
- Sports If father would have been alive, he would be happiest: Mukesh on India call up
- News Braving rains, Rahul Gandhi addresses gathering in Mysuru; video goes viral
- Finance Post Office Saving Schemes Interest Rates Rise, Check Interest Rates Here
- Education NTA Released ICAR AIEEA Result 2022 For UG programmes; Direct Link Here
- Technology Jio, Airtel, and Vi 5G Services in India; Here's How Fast Your Internet Will Be
- Lifestyle 5 DIY Face Scrubs For The Radiant Glow
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
South Korean carmaker Hyundai has revealed its sales numbers for the month of August 2022.
Hyundai sold a total of 49,510 passenger vehicles in the Indian market last month, a Y-o-Y increase of 5.64 per cent.
Speaking of last month, Hyundai launched its flagship Tucson SUV in India last month. The South Korean marque also opened bookings for the N Line version of the recently updated Venue in August with the launch of the new SUV variant set for this month. Hyundai is also readying its Ioniq 5 crossover SUV for its debut in the country which is expected to be somewhere in the very near future.
|Hyundai||Sales||Aug 2022 Sales Vs||Growth %|
|Aug-22||49,510||Jul 2021 (YoY)||5.64|
|Aug-21||46,866||Jun 2022 (MoM)||-1.96|
Getting back to the numbers, Hyundai's sales grew by 5.64 per cent compared to August 2021. August 2022's sales of 49,510 units were 2,644 more than the same period last year when Hyundai sold 46,866 units. However, Month-over-Month sales numbers were down by 1.96 per cent or 990 compared to July 2022 when Hyundai sold 50,500 units.
Hyundai's exports in August 2022 stood at 12,700 which was a growth of 4.08 per cent or 498 units compared to the same period last year. In August 2021, Hyundai exported 12,202 units from India.
Overall sales for the month of August 2022 stood at 62,210 units which is a year-over-year increase of 5.32 per cent or 3,142 units compared to August 2021 when Hyundai's total sales numbers stood at 59,068 units.
Tarun Garg, Director (Sales, Marketing & Service), Hyundai Motor India Ltd. said, "With the continuously improving semi- conductor situation, supplies continue to go up enabling us to serve our beloved customers with their car in the festival season that has kicked off in India with Onam and Ganesh Chaturthi. The newly launched Hyundai Tucson has also received an overwhelming customer response with excellent booking numbers. We will continue to strive towards improving customer experience towards a happy life."
While still far way behind the dominant market leader - Maruti Suzuki - Hyundai's sales in August 2022 allowed it to maintain control of the second spot in the sales charts for the Indian passenger vehicle market. Hyundai's domestic sales of 49510 units was 2,344 units more than that of Tata Motors which sold 47,166 in August 2022.
Thoughts About Hyundai's Sales For August 2022
Hyundai continued growth compared to last year is a sure sign that the South Korean carmaker is over the worst of the crunch caused by the pandemic and the chip shortage. With the festive around the corner and the Ioniq 5 set to arrive shortly, the future for Hyundai in India looks bright.