- 2 hrs ago 2023 BMW S1000RR Arrives With More Power, New Aero & Clever Sliding Tech
- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Base Variant - Here’s What ‘Sigma’ Gets You For Rs 10.45 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Hero Xtreme 160R Vs Bajaj Pulsar N160 - Which Motorcycle Should You Buy?
- 19 hrs ago Jawa 42 Bobber Launched In India - Prices Start at Rs 2.06 Lakh
- News AFSPA in parts of Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland extended for 6 months from today
- Technology Sony Diwali Sale Offering Bumper Discounts on Bravia TVs, Soundbars, Headphones, More
- Finance UPI Transactions Up Over 3 Per Cent At 678 Crore in September
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 6 Promo: Host Insults Adi Reddy Over Surya's Negligent Behaviour In Throwing Food!
- Sports Thai GP: Marco Bezzecchi grabs surprise pole
- Lifestyle Happy Durga Puja 2022: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Photos, Greetings & Whatsapp Status
- Education 110 Specialist Officers Vacancy in Central Bank of India CBI: Eligibility, How to Apply, Selection Process
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India (HMSI) has released a new teaser of its upcoming two-wheeler in India. The latest teaser has been shared across various social media platforms and the teaser pic partially reveals the upcoming two-wheeler.
Looking at the teaser picture shared by HMSI on various social media platforms, it is clear that the upcoming Honda two-wheeler is a scooter.
Further analysing the teaser image reveals a more conventional headlamp positioning flanked by turn indicators on both sides of the headlamp. In addition to that, the teaser image also reveals a mature design language with simple lines and creases.
All these design traits hint that Honda's upcoming scooter has been designed to please a wider range of customers who are looking for a reliable, and fuel-efficient family scooter. This means that Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India is highly likely to launch the next-generation Honda Activa scooter- Honda Activa '7G'.
However, this teaser could also be hinted at the launch of facelifted iteration of the outgoing iteration of the Honda Activa - Honda Activa 6G. Either way, the latest teaser hints at a family-focused scooter from Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India.
That being said, the Honda Activa 6G is currently the best-selling scooter in India, and HMSI sold 1,84,395 Activa 6G scooters in June 2022 alone with a 94.5 per cent YoY sales growth. This is almost 3 times more than the next best-selling scooter in India, the TVS Jupiter whose sales figures stood at 62,851 units in the same month.
Speaking about Honda Activa 6G, it is the first Activa scooter to feature a telescopic front suspension. While this feature is a common sight on many scooters, it took Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India more than 20 years to introduce this feature in the Activa scooter.
Apart from this, Honda Activa 6G featured various other features over its predecessor, the Honda Activa 5G.
At present, the Honda Activa 6G is powered by a 109.57cc, single-cylinder, fuel-injected engine. This engine produces a peak power of 7.68bhp at 8,000rpm, and 8.84Nm of peak torque at 5,500rpm.
In addition to this, the Honda Activa 6G weighs a relatively manageable 106kg and comes with a decent-sized 5.3-litre fuel tank. Other notable features include a 3-step adjustable rear suspension and tubeless tyres at both ends.
Thoughts About Upcoming New Honda Scooter
It is highly likely that the new teaser released by HMSI could be related to Honda Activa, and we expect this new scooter to sport a bit more contemporary features such as Bluetooth connectivity and possibly a digital instrument cluster as well.
However, we have to wait a little bit more to confirm this, and we expect this new scooter from HMSI to be launched before the festive season in India.