- 25 min ago Winter Car Care & Check List – Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- 15 hrs ago Force Urbania Bookings Open – Limited Dealers Authorised To Accept Bookings
- 15 hrs ago Car That Inspired Time Travelling Delorean Set To Return - Getting Back To The Future
- 18 hrs ago Bollywood Actor Ram Kapoor Adds Ferrari Portofino M To His Exotic Collection
- News Counter-terrorism, reformed multilateralism key priorities for India during its UNSC presidency
- Sports FIFA World Cup 2022, Knock Out Round: Qualified Teams, Schedule and Live Streaming Info
- Movies Bhediya BO Day 2: Drishyam 2 Effect Continues As Varun Dhawan’s Horror Comedy Slight Growth; Earns Rs 9.50 cr
- Finance Geojit Recommends Accumulate This Multibagger Mid Cap Stock For Robust Gains, Target Price Rs 634
- Lifestyle Jwalamukhi Yoga 2022: Dos And Don’ts That You Need To Be Aware Of
- Technology Xiaomi 13 With Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Tipped To Launch On December 1
- Travel Roraima Tepui Trek - Wild, Offbeat and Trail-worthy
- Education BPSC 67th Mains Exam 2022: Exam Schedule Announced At bpsc.bih.nic.in, Check Application Fee & Schedule Here
Force Motors has finally launched the long-awaited Urbania van in India at Rs 28.99 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
On top of that, the new Force Urbania is available in three different variants based on the length of the van - Short Wheelbase, Medium Wheelbase, and Long Wheelbase.
Diving into details, the Short Wheelbase variant of the Force Urbania van can seat 10 adults and a driver. Moreover, the wheelbase of this variant of the Urbania van measures just 3,350mm.
On the other hand, the Medium Wheelbase variant can seat 13 adults and a driver. Also the wheelbase of this variant measures just 265mm longer than the Short Wheelbase variant of the Urbania van at just 3,615mm.
Finally, the Long Wheelbase variant of the Force Urbania van can seat 18 adults including the driver in total comfort. However, for seating 18 adults, Force Motors had to significantly stretch the wheelbase at 4,400mm.
Speaking about the Force Urbania, the van was recently showcased at a dealers meet organised in Indore, Madhya Pradesh. In this event organised by Force Motors, the select dealers not only received a tour of the new state-of-the-art facility dedicated to manufacturing the Urbania, but they were also offered with an opportunity to test drive of the new Force Urbania van.
However, this is not the first time the Force Urbania van has been revealed to the public. Earlier, the Force Urbania was showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo. Unfortunately, the development of the Urbania van was delayed due to the pandemic.
Diving into details, Force Motors claims that the new Urbania van is the country's first fully ground-up modular monocoque panel van platform. On top of that, the Force Urbania also claims to host many first-in-segment features.
However, the most interesting and important USP of the Force Urbania is that the model is the first van in India to achieve compliance with the new crash, rollover and pedestrian safety regulations.
In order to make this possible, Force Motors has equipped the new Urbania van with safety features such as hill hold assist, ESP, ABS, EBD, ETDC, all-wheel ventilated disc brakes, dual airbags, and much more.
Moreover, Force Motors has also worked very hard to improve the comfort and convenience of passengers in the new Urbania van. For this, Force Motors has equipped the van with features such as independent front suspension with transverse springs, individual AC vents, reclining seats, sealed panoramic windows, individual reading lamps, multiple USB ports, and more.
Also, the driver comfort has also been improved significantly with features such as a telescopic adjustable steering column, an ergonomically designed cockpit, a dashboard-mounted gear lever, a large 7-inch touchscreen system with built-in Bluetooth and camera inputs, engine start-stop system, reverse park assistance system and much more.
Powering the Force Urbania is a very reliable, Mercedes-derived FM 2.6 CR ED TCIC diesel engine. This 2.6-litre, turbocharged diesel engine pushes out 114bhp of peak power and 350Nm of peak torque.
As of now, this powertrain comes mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. However, we are not sure if Force Motors will introduce an automatic gearbox to cater for the requirements of private buyers.
At present, the serial production of the Force Urbania has already commenced at its Rs 1,000 crore facility. Moreover, we are expecting the new Urbania van to reach dealerships within the next few weeks.
Thoughts About The New Force Urbania
The new Force Urbania is looking forward to dominating the segment by bringing in international standards at a more affordable price point. Furthermore, the Force Urbania seems like a trustworthy option for the majority of fleet operators looking forward to upgrading their Force Traveller van.