- 10 min ago Tata Altroz Racer Could Be Launched Soon – More Power, Segment-First Features & More
- 3 hrs ago Auto Expo 2023: Keeway SR125, Sixties 300i, Vieste 300, K-Light 250V, K300 N & K300 R Showcased
- 17 hrs ago Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650 Launched In India At Rs 3.49 Lakh – Specifications, Variants & More
- 20 hrs ago New BMW X7 Launched In India At Rs 1.22 Crore – Check Out All Details Here
- Technology Apple Refreshes MacBook Pro and Mac Mini with M2 Pro and M2 Max SoCs: Price in India, Features
- Sports Australian Open: Injured Rafael Nadal's title defence ends in second round defeat to Macknezie McDonald
- Travel What Is Happening In Joshimath? Updated Facts & Information
- Finance 3 Stocks That Can Rally Up To 63%: Motilal Oswal Recommends Best Stocks To Buy
- Education How to crack a face-to-face job interview confidently
- News BBC apologises after pornographic sounds were overheard from studio
- Movies KL Rahul-Athiya Shetty Wedding: Venue To Guest List; Everything To Know About Suniel Shetty’s Daughter’s D-Day
- Lifestyle Swimming Pool Safety For Kids: Safety Measures While Swimming To Be Aware Of!
December is set to see a hail of launches with a whole host of SUVs along with an updated version of a luxury sedan. However, the biggest (read most popular) launches of the lot are expected to be the CNG versions of the Toyota Hyryder and the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara.
The other launches expected this month are from German luxury manufacturers Mercedes and BMW with the latter set to launch its flagship XM hybrid performance SUV this month, three months after its global unveiling.
Let's take a look at the launches confirmed for the month of December 2022...
1) Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder CNG
The Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder is set to arrive this month in CNG guise this month as the Japanese carmaker has confirmed that the hybrid SUV will soon be offered in natural gas burning guise.
The Hyryder is expected to be offered with the 1.5-litre mild hybrid engine from Maruti Suzuki which is expected to be very fuel efficient when it hits the roads later this month.
2) Maruti Suuzki Grand Vitara S-CNG
The Grand Vitara S-CNG is Maruti Suzuki's version of the Toyota Hyryder. Prices for the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara S-CNG are expected to be announced by the end of of the month.
3) Mercedes EQB
German luxury carmaker Mercedes will be launching its third all-electric model for the Indian market - the EQB - on the 2nd of December.
The 7-seater Mercedes EQB draws power from a 66.5kWh battery pack and its electric motor pushes put 225bhp and 390Nm of peak torque. The EQB's claimed range as per WLTP testing is 423km.
4) Mercedes GLB
The ICE version of the 7-seater SUV from Mercedes is touted as a baby GLS and will arrive alongside the EQB. The powertrain options for the new Mercedes GLB include a 1.3-litre turbo petrol and a 2.0-litre turbo diesel.
The 1.3-litre petrol engine in the EQB will offer up 161bhp and 250Nm of torque while the 2.0-litre oil burner will push out 188bhp and 400Nm of torque. The petrol engine will be offered with a 7-speed transmission while the diesel will sport an 8-speed gearbox both of which will be automatics.
5) BMW XM
The BMW XM is the first ground-up car from the Bavarian firm's M Division since the M1 from the later 1970s. The XM is very distinctively BMW with its massive kidney grille and sports the split headlamps seen with the new 7 Series when it arrives on the 10th of December.
Under the bonnet of the BMW XM will be the firm's 4.4-litre twin-turbo V8 engine aided by a single electric motor which combine to produce 644bhp and 800Nm all of which is sent to the wheels via an 8-speed automatic gearbox.
6) BMW X7 Facelift
The facelifted BMW X7 will also be launched on the 10th of December. The facelifted X7 sports split headlamps like the XM and new taillights along with revised front and rear bumpers and new alloys.
Other changes will come inside the SUV in the form of the single piece curved glass piece that houses the 12.3-inch driver's display and the 14.4-inch toucscreen infotainment unit. The BMW X7 is expected to retain its 3.0-litre petrol and diesel engines which are expected to arrive in mild-hybrid guise.
7) BMW M340i
BMW is also expected to launch an updated version of the M340i sedan in India on the 10th of December. The updated M340i is expected to feature a tweaked design and the twin display interior setup along with new alloy wheels.
The M340i is expected to retain its 3.0-litre turbocharged straight six engine with 382bhp and 500Nm of torque which will be paired to an 8-speed automatic gearbox.
Thoughts About The Expected Launches This Month
Both BMW and Mercedes are set to go all out in the final month of 2022. However, the biggest sellers from the launches this month are expected to be the CNG twins from Toyota and Maruti Suzuki.