- News SC adjourns hearing on 'freebies' by political parties for Aug 20
- Finance Singer India Climbs 44% In 2 Sessions After RJ's Rare Investments Buys Stake
- Technology Infinix Hot 12 With 50MP AI Triple Cameras, 6,000 mAh Battery Launched: Starts From Rs. 9,499
- Sports Ban on All India Football Federation: Supreme Court defers hearing till August 22
- Education TS LAWCET Result 2022 Today At lawcet.tsche.ac.in; Know Details
- Movies Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai LEAP: Akshara & Abhi To Part Ways; Akshara To Live With Dr Kunal!
- Lifestyle Amitabh Bachchan's Voicenote To Raju Shrivastava: How Does The Sound Of Loved Ones Awaken A Comatose Brain?
- Travel Milford Sound: New Zealand's Prime Attraction
A recent study and multiple reports have revealed that classic cars are less damaging to the environment than most modern cars and sometimes even modern electric cars. This debunks quite a few myths and allows classic cars owners and enthusiasts to breathe a sigh of relief as these cars have been targeted quite often, for a while now.
Environmental consciousness reaches newer heights with every passing day. As a result, the sales numbers of electric vehicles is on the rise. Simultaneously, older cars have faced severe criticism in recent times. Despite their owners having painstakingly maintained them, many were quick to blame these old cars for pollution.
There are, however, several classic cars in immaculate condition in various countries across the world including India and their owners wouldn't let go of them for the world. Now, their owners have more incentive to keep these cars as studies have proved they might not be so polluting after all.
Older engines do emit more pollutants and that is a fact that no one can change. However, these classic cars are used less often and that simply means, the overall pollution is lesser than a modern car that is used on a daily basis.
On the other hand, while electric cars do not produce any tailpipe emissions, the source of energy might not always be clean. India, for example, gets most of its electricity from coal-fired power plants. With this in mind, an electric car that is used on an everyday basis will be only slightly more polluting than an old classic car that is used occasionally.
These findings now make a strong case for classic car clubs and vintage car owners to keep their prized possession without thinking too much about polluting the environment. However, there are several laws in place, in different countries that prevent or restrict the use of older cars.
Thoughts On Older Classic Cars Being Less Polluting Than Modern Cars & Even EVs
Electric vehicles are brilliant as long as the electricity used to charge up their batteries is from renewable sources. Classic cars and vintage cars on the other hand will always tug on the heartstrings of a car enthusiast. The findings of this study is a relief for such enthusiasts.