- 34 min ago 2023 BMW S 1000 RR Showcased At IBW 2022 – Launch On December 10
- 17 hrs ago Hyundai Confirms Ioniq 5 EV To Be Equipped With Level 2 ADAS – Comes With Front & Rear Radars
- 22 hrs ago Honda Cars December 2022 Offers – Benefits & Discounts More Than Rs 70,00
- 23 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Discounts – Save Big Money Before Jan 2023 Price Hike
- Sports India vs Bangladesh: Rishabh Pant not to play in the ODI series, here's the reason why
- Movies Powerstar Pawan Kalyan's Next Under DVV Entertainment Banner By Sahoo Fame Sujeeth Announced!
- Education The Admit Card for SNAP 2022 will be released tomorrow; Check Details Here
- News How Indian Navy's offensive operation sank Pakistani warships in 1971
- Finance Foreign Investors Upgrade India, As Dedicated Allocation In Investment Portfolios
- Technology Oppo Find N2 Flip Digital Render Surfaces After A Leaked Video
- Lifestyle Do You Walk Every Day? Here Are 10 Common Walking Mistakes To Avoid
- Travel Indian Dentist Set A World Record For The Fastest Travel On Foot From Leh To Manali, Read About Mahendra Mah
Citroen has now hiked the prices of the C3 hatchback in India. With this new price hike, the French automaker has put an end to the introductory pricing on the Citroen C3 hatchback in the country. Diving into the details of the price hike, Citroen has hiked prices of all variants of the C3 hatchback.
Moreover, prices of all variants of the C3 hatchback except the top-spec variant have been increased up to Rs 17,000. While the prices top-spec variant have been hiked by Rs 9,000.
Thanks to the price hike, prices for the base variant of the Citroen C3 hatchback start from Rs 5.88 lakh (ex-showroom, India), whereas the top-spec 'Feel' trim with the turbocharged engine, Vibe pack and dual-tone paint scheme now costs Rs 8.06 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
Speaking about variants, the Citroen C3 hatchback is available in two variants - Live, and Feel. However, customers can add customisation packages to further add features according to their priorities and preferences. These customisation packages include the Vibe pack, Dual-tone, and Dual-tone Vibe pack.
|Citroen C3||New Price||Old Price||Difference|
|Live||₹5.88 Lakh||₹5.71 Lakh||₹17,000|
|Feel||₹6.80 Lakh||₹6.63 Lakh||₹17,000|
|Feel Vibe Pack||₹6.95 Lakh||₹6.78 Lakh||₹17,000|
|Feel Dual Tone||₹6.95 Lakh||₹6.78 Lakh||₹17,000|
|Feel Dual Tone Vibe Pack||₹7.10 Lakh||₹6.93 Lakh||₹17,000|
|Feel Turbo Dual Tone Vibe Pack||₹8.15 Lakh||₹8.06 Lakh||₹9,000|
In terms of features, the Citroen C3 hatchback sports a large 10-inch Citroen Connect touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, wireless smartphone connectivity, one-touch down windows, digital instrument cluster, a flat-folding rear seat, climate control, and much more.
Apart from that, Citroen has not skimped any safety features and the French hatchback is packed with safety systems such as Driver & Passenger airbags, reverse parking sensors, rear doors child lock, engine immobiliser, speed-sensitive door lock, ABS with EBD and much more.
Coming to the powertrain, the Citroen C3 hatchback is available with two engine options. The base engine option is the 1.2-litre, naturally-aspirated, three-cylinder 'PURETECH 82' engine. This engine puts out a respectable 80.8bhp of peak power and 115Nm of peak torque. Moreover, this power unit comes mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox.
On the other hand, the top-spec model uses a similar engine, but with a turbocharger. This engine is named 'PURETECH 110' and pushes out 108.4bhp of peak power and 190Nm of peak torque. Unlike the 'PURETECH 82' engine, the more powerful 'PURETECH 110' engine comes mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox.
Though Citroen does not offer an automatic gearbox with the C3 hatchback in India, it is rumoured that the French marque may soon introduce the automatic variants of the hatchback. However, unlike most hatchbacks in this price point, the upcoming automatic variant of the Citroen C3 hatchback is reported to sport a 6-speed torque converter gearbox.
Thoughts About Citroen C3 Hatchback & Price Hike
Despite having an SUV-ish silhouette, Citroen claims that the C3 is a hatchback. As such, the model directly competes with hatchbacks such as Maruti Suzuki Wagon R, Tata Tiago, Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS and more.
However, it is worth mentioning that Citroen could have waited a few weeks to announce the price hike as it is the festive season.