- 4 hrs ago Kia India Registers Highest Ever Monthly Sales - 25,87 Units Sold In September 2022
- 8 hrs ago Skoda India Witnesses 17 % Increase In Sales - Kushaq, Slavia Continue To Perform Well
- 21 hrs ago 2023 Tata Harrier Spotted Testing - Gets ADAS, New Design & More
- 21 hrs ago Aston Martin DBX 707 Launched At Rs 4.63 Crore - Bond's Family Car Is In India
- Movies Bigg Boss 16: Fans Irked As Sajid Khan Enters Show As Contestant; See Reactions
- Sports Indonesia Stadium Disaster: Other Major Sports Crowd Tragedies In Recent Decades
- Education Free UPSC Coaching: BHU To Offer Free Civil Service Exam Coaching To 100 SC Candidates
- News Hurricane Ian: PM Modi conveys condolences to Joe Biden over loss of lives
- Finance This Multibagger Stock Is Locked In Upper Circuit For Past 7 Days And Gained The Highest In September
- Technology Jio, Airtel, and Vi 5G Services in India; Here's How Fast Your Internet Will Be
- Lifestyle 5 DIY Face Scrubs For The Radiant Glow
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
While Citroen has already launched and started the deliveries of the Citroen C3 hatchback in India, the French automaker has yet again grabbed the headlines after leaked information about the upcoming automatic variant of the C3 hatchback leaks online.
According to this leaked information, the upcoming Citroen C3 will be using a 6-speed torque converter gearbox. While this technology is common in automatic cars, it is generally found in more expensive models.
Moreover, cars in this segment use Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) as they are cheaper to produce. However, these gearboxes do not offer the same levels of refinement and are known to be 'Jerky' at times.
That being said, the recently leaked information reveals that the upcoming Citroen C3 will be sporting a 6-speed torque converter gearbox from Aisin. This is the same gearbox that does duty on more expensive models such as MG Astor, Skoda Kushaq, Skoda Slavia, Volkswagen Taigun, and Volkswagen Virtus.
If true, the upcoming Citroen C3 automatic will have one of the best automatic gearboxes in its segment. This will give the sub-4m Citroen SUV a significant edge over its competitors such as Tata Punch, Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, Maruti Suzuki Swift, Nissan Magnite, and Renault Kiger.
At present, the Citroen C3 is powered by two engine options both of which are petrol units. The standard engine option is a 1.2-litre, naturally-aspirated, three-cylinder PURETECH 82 engine. This engine puts out 80.8bhp of peak power and 115Nm of peak torque, which is respectable for a vehicle in this segment. In addition to that, this powertrain comes mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox.
On the other hand, the top-end model uses a similar engine, but with a turbocharger added for more power and torque. This engine is called 'PURETECH 110' and pushes out a health 108.4bhp of peak power and 190Nm of peak torque. However, thanks to the additional power and torque, the French automaker has thoughtfully given this model an extra cog as well.
While Citroen offers just two trim levels (Live, and Feel) with the Citroen C3, the French automaker has thoughtfully added packs such as the Vibe pack, Dual tone, and Dual tone vibe pack - Giving more flexibility to its customers.
In terms of features, the Citroen C3 comes with features such as a large 10-inch Citroen Connect touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, wireless smartphone connectivity, one-touch down windows, digital instrument cluster, climate control, and much more. However, features such as electrically adjustable mirrors are not present even on the top-end variant of the Citroen C3.
Moreover, Citroen has not skimmed any necessary safety features as the model still packs life-saving features such as Driver & Passenger airbags, reverse parking sensors, rear doors child lock, engine immobiliser, speed-sensitive door lock, ABS with EBD and much more.
At present, the prices for the Citroen C3 start from Rs 5.70 lakh (ex-showroom, India) for the base variant.
Thoughts About Citroen C3 Automatic
Though Citroen has missed a good opportunity to launch the C3 with an automatic transmission, the French automaker seems to be on the right track to regain the lost sales momentum by offering a very refined automatic transmission. We expect the Citroen C3 automatic to hit the market by mid-2023.