- 9 hrs ago Top 10 Motorcycles Sold In October 2022 - Splendor Still Reigns Supreme
- 10 hrs ago Here Are A Few Tips To Remove Fog From Car Glass
- 11 hrs ago Matter Electric Motorcycle Revealed With Upto 150km Range - Gets 4-Speed Manual Gearbox
- 12 hrs ago Toyota Innova Hycross Latest Teaser Confirms Ottoman-Style Captain Seats
- Movies Kartik Aaryan Shares Childhood Memories On His 32nd Birthday: My Mom Used To Keep Satyanarayan Ki Katha
- Sports FIFA World Cup 2022: USA vs Wales Highlights: Wales score late to salvage 1-1 draw
- Finance Skipper Ltd. Stock Hit 52-Week High, Up By 20% In Trade, As Q2 Total Income Rallies 87%
- News Gujarat Elections 2022: BJP is learnt to have 'threatened' some news channels, claims Sisodia
- Lifestyle Sleek Straight Hairstyle Is In: Here’s How You Can Get It At Home!
- Education MH CET -3 Year LLB 2022: Round 2 Seat Allotment Result Released; Direct Link Here
- Technology Jio Cinema Gets Heavily Criticised for its FIFA World Cup 2022 Broadcast; Here's Why
- Travel Looking For Workcation in North India? We Listed the Best, Have A Look
BYD (Build Your Dreams) has now officially teased its upcoming Atto 3 electric SUV in India. This new electric SUV from BYD aims to rival the likes of electric SUVs such as the MG ZS EV and Hyundai Kona in the country.
We expect BYD to soon launch the Atto 3 electric vehicle as the company has officially teased the electric SUV. According to a few sources, BYD is gearing up to launch the Atto 3 electric SUV on October 11. In addition to that, BYD recently opened its first passenger vehicle showroom in the financial capital of the country.
Unlike its main rivals, the upcoming BYD Atto 3 electric SUV will be brought to India via SKD (semi-knocked down) route as the model is already available in other right-hand drive automobile markets such as Singapore, New Zealand, and Australia.
Also, the upcoming BYD Atto 3's E platform has been designed to take on the likes of high-end electric cars such as Tesla. As such, the upcoming BYD Atto 3 electric SUV is expected to be a lot more comfortable and compliant than its main rivals.
Apart from that, the upcoming BYD Atto 3 electric SUV is also much larger than its rivals measuring 4,455mm in length, 1,875mm in width and also sporting a wheelbase of 2,720mm. In comparison, the MG ZS EV measures 4,323mm long and 1,809mm wide. Moreover, the wheelbase of the MG ZS EV is 139mm shorter at just 2,581mm. Whereas the Hyundai Kona is even more compact but sporting a slightly longer wheelbase than the MG SZ EV.
Thanks to such large exterior dimensions, we expect the upcoming BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be a lot more spacious on the inside than its rivals. In addition to that, the vehicle is also expected to have a much better road presence as well.
In the international markets, the BYD Atto 3 electric SUV is powered by a permanent magnet synchronous electric motor with 201bhp of peak power and 310Nm of peak torque. These figures not only look good on paper, but they also translate well into real-world performance as the electric SUV can sprint to 100km/h from a standstill in just 7.3 seconds.
To support the punchy powertrain set-up, BYD has equipped the Atto 3 electric SUV with a large 60.48kWh battery pack as well. Thanks to this large battery pack and clever battery management techniques, the BYD Atto 3 electric SUV can travel up to 420km (WLTP cycle) on a single charge. Moreover, there is also a 49.92kWh battery pack option with a range of 320km (WLTP cycle).
It is also worth mentioning that the upcoming BYD Atto 3 electric SUV is likely to come equipped with a Level-2 autonomous driving system and ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System). It is expected to come with features such as adaptive cruise control, lane-keeping assist, blind-spot monitoring system, auto emergency braking, and more.
We expect the upcoming BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be priced around Rs 25 lakh to Rs 30 lakh, ex-showroom. Moreover, we expect BYD to equip the model with a larger battery pack as well.
Thoughts About The Upcoming BYD Atto 3 Electric SUV
The upcoming BYD Atto 3 electric SUV does look attractive and also seems to pack more than a decent specification. However, the success of the BYD Atto 3 electric SUV will heavily depend on the pricing and aftersales network.