- 10 hrs ago 2023 Tata Harrier Spotted Testing - Gets ADAS, New Design & More
- 10 hrs ago Aston Martin DBX 707 Launched At Rs 4.63 Crore - Bond's Family Car Is In India
- 15 hrs ago 2023 BMW S1000RR Arrives With More Power, New Aero & Clever Sliding Tech
- 15 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Base Variant - Here’s What ‘Sigma’ Gets You For Rs 10.45 Lakh
- Sports Road Safety World Series 2022: India Legends beat Sri Lanka Legends by 33 runs to lift trophy
- News Swachh Survekshan 2022: CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Cong's Nath hail top ranks for MP, Indore
- Finance Cryptocurrency Fails To Stabilize, Market-cap Slips 1.39%: Bitcoin Plunges To US$ 19,286
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 6 Elimination Week 4: Will It Be Arohi?
- Education IGNOU Exam Form 2022 Out for December Term End Examinations, Apply Now at ignou.ac.in
- Lifestyle 5 DIY Face Scrubs For The Radiant Glow
- Technology Realme Smartphones Receiving Updates For Jio 5G Support
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
The brochure of the upcoming BYD Atto 3 electric SUV has been leaked online and reveals a lot more details about the upcoming electric SUV from the Chinese automaker.
Moreover, the company recently released the official teaser of its upcoming Atto 3 electric SUV in India. This new electric SUV from BYD aims to rival the likes of electric SUVs such as the MG ZS EV and Hyundai Kona in the country.
We expect BYD to soon launch the Atto 3 electric vehicle as the company has officially teased the electric SUV and a few sources claim that BYD is more likely to launch the Atto 3 electric SUV on October 11.
According to the leaked brochure, the upcoming BYD Atto 3 electric SUV is also much larger than its rivals measuring 4,455mm long, 1,875mm wide, 1,615mm tall and also sports a wheelbase of 2,720mm.
In comparison, the MG ZS EV measures just 4,323mm long, 1,809mm wide and 1,649mm tall. Moreover, the wheelbase of the MG ZS EV is 139mm shorter at just 2,581mm. Whereas the Hyundai Kona is even more compact but sporting a slightly longer wheelbase than the MG SZ EV at 2,600mm.
Given such large exterior dimensions, we expect the upcoming BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be a lot more spacious on the inside than its rivals. In addition to that, the vehicle is also expected to have a butch-stance with a much better road presence as well.
However, the most important information from the leaked brochure is that the upcoming BYD Atto 3 electric SUV is likely to come with two battery pack options - a 49.92kWh battery pack, and a larger 60.48kWh battery pack.
Apart from that, the leaked brochure also reveals the BYD Atto 3 electric SUV is powered by a permanent magnet synchronous electric motor with 201bhp of peak power and 310Nm of peak torque. This makes the upcoming BYD Atto 3 electric SUV a lot more powerful than its immediate rivals and the performance figures back the potential of the powertrain with a 0 to 100km/h sprint time of just 7.3 seconds. However, it is to be seen how this electric SUV performs in the real world.
Speaking of the real world, the charging infrastructure in India is just getting, and the BYD Atto 3 claims a range of 420km (WLTP cycle) when equipped with the larger 60.48kWh battery pack. Whereas, with the smaller 49.92kWh battery back, the upcoming BYD Atto 3 electric SUC can still manage a respectable 320km (WLTP cycle)
To support the punchy powertrain set-up, BYD has equipped the Atto 3 electric SUV with a large 60.48kWh battery pack as well. Thanks to this large battery pack and clever battery management techniques, the BYD Atto 3 electric SUV can travel up to 420km (WLTP cycle) on a single charge. Moreover, there is also a 49.92kWh battery pack option with a range of 345km (WLTP cycle). Apart from that, the upcoming BYD Atto 3 electric SUV also sports DC fast charging up to 80kW.
Moreover, the leaked brochure confirms that the upcoming BYD Atto 3 electric SUV sports Level-2 autonomous driving system and includes features such as adaptive cruise control with stop & go function, forward collision warning, lane-keeping assist, door open warning, blind-spot monitoring system, auto emergency braking, rear cross-traffic alert and more.
We expect the upcoming BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be priced around Rs 25 lakh to Rs 30 lakh, ex-showroom. In addition to that, BYD recently opened its first passenger vehicle showroom in the financial capital of the country.
Thoughts About The Upcoming BYD Atto 3 Electric SUV
The upcoming BYD Atto 3 electric SUV is an attractive-looking electric SUV with plenty of road presence. More importantly, the BYD Atto 3 electric SUV comes with more than a decent specification. However, the success of the BYD Atto 3 electric SUV will heavily depend on the pricing and aftersales network.