- 8 hrs ago 2022 Mahindra Scorpio N Accessories - Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- 8 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Will Discontinue Small Cars If Costs Become Unviable - Govt. To Blame?
- 11 hrs ago Pune Man Comes Up With ‘Unique’ Solution To Beat The Heat Inside Car - Cow Dung Wrap
- 12 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler Urban Motard Launched At Rs 11.49 Lakh
- Movies Makers Of Janhit Mein Jaari Have Been Approached For The Regional Remake Rights Of The Social-comedy
- Sports India vs Ireland 2nd T20I, Highlights: Hooda, Samson sizzle as Umran Malik hands India thrilling win
- Technology Best Mobile Phones With 6,000mAh Battery Launched In 2022
- News Udaipur beheading incident: ASI suspended for negligence
- Finance This Quality Large Cap Stock Announces Record Date For Rs. 22/Share Dividend: Check Details
- Lifestyle Ashadha Amavasya 2022: Date, Time, Vrat Vidhi, How To Eradicate Pitrudosh, And Remedies
- Education PSEB 12th Result 2022 Declared At pseb.ac.in, Download Punjab Board Class 12 Result Here
- Travel Savandurga Hill In Monsoon - Hiking and Climbing
British luxury car marque Bentley has introduced the new Continental GT & GTC 'S' range in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The British luxury marque claims that the new S range for the Continental GT & GTC lineup adjusts the Bentley grand touring recipe and is for KSA drivers looking to focus on the sheer pleasure of driving.
Speaking about the introduction of the new Continental GT & GTC S lineup, Peter Smith, General Manager, Bentley Saudi Arabia, stated, "Bentley created the modern, luxury Grand Tourer (GT) segment in 2003 with the launch of the original Continental GT. The latest, third generation Bentley Continental GT remains the pinnacle luxury coupe in the world, blending spirited performance with the latest in cutting-edge technology. Now, with the arrival of the Continental GT and GTC S series, owners can choose to emphasise the sporting character of the 4.0-litre V8-powered Bentley Continental GT, thanks to a package of performance-focused design and engineering features."
Engine & Performance
The new Continental GT S lineup retains the 4.0-litre V8 engine in all its glory. The unchanged twin-turbocharged V8 engine sends 542bhp and 770Nm of torque to all four wheels via an 8-speed dual-clutch gearbox. The Bentley Continental GT S will sprint from 0-100km/h in just 4 seconds and will hit a top speed of 318km/h.
Drivers will now be able to hear the sound from the crossplane V8 more clearly thanks to the new sports exhaust system fitted to the S lineup. The new S lineup also gets Bentley's 'Dynamic Ride' suspension system as standard, which features a 48V electrical anti-roll bar system that misimises body roll under hard cornering while also improving ride comfort at cruising speeds by decoupling the left and right hand wheels.
Design & Features
Bentley has given the the new Continental GT & GTC S lineup a host of design tweaks to differentiate it from its 'regular' siblings. These changes can be seen in the form of all the brightware being finished in gloss black.
Even the quad tailpipes for the sonorous sports exhaust system are finished in black Only the winged Bentley badge and lettering are finished in bight chrome.
The headlights and taillights feature black tinting and there are S badges on the fenders of the new lineup of grand tourers. Bentley claims that the effect of these blacked-out features is dramatic and gives the new GT & GTC S lineup a more assertive stance, no matter what colour out of the limitless ones on offer the owner chooses.
The new S lineup is offered with an exclusive 22-inch wheel option that features five Y-shaped spokes finished in gloss black and can also be specified with in a new Pale Brodgar Satin finish. The brake callipers on the new S lineup sit behind the new wheel and provide a sporting contrast.
Step into the interior of the new grand tourer from Bentley and you'll be greeted by a two-tone colour-split design that is unique to the S lineup.
The treadplate feature an illuminated S and the same mark can be found embroidered into the headrest of the fluted seats in red.
The steering wheel, gear lever, seat cushion and seat backrest are draped in the suede like Dinamica. Leather hide is used to drape the seat bolsters, door pads and along the instrument panel and around the console.
Thoughts On The New Bentley Continental GT & GTC S
The new S lineup for the Bentley Continental GT & GTC grand tourers promise to make these large British grand tourers focus more on driving pleasure may seem like a tall order. However, Bentley has proven in the past that it could make its grand tourers fun to drive and it looks like they may have succeeded once again with the new S lineup.