- 14 hrs ago Royal Enfield Hunter 350 Vs TVS Ronin - Design, Features, Powertrain, Price & More
- 1 day ago 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 MotoGP Edition Launched At Rs 1.41 Lakh
- 1 day ago 5 New Car Launches In The Coming Weeks - Grand Vitara, MG Hector Facelift & More
- 1 day ago Tata Nexon EV Max Becomes First Electric Car To Reach Umling La - The World’s Highest Motorable Road
- Sports Legends League Cricket 2022: Mire and Masakadza fire as India Capitals reign over Gujarat Giants
- News Mukul Rohatgi turns down Centre's offer to be next Attorney General
- Movies Raju Srivastava Demise: Family & Friends Honour The Late Comedian At Prayer Meet Held In Mumbai
- Finance 'Housing.com' To Hire About 200 People in FY'23; To Invest in Technology, Brand Promotion
- Travel Weh: Sumatra's Prime Attraction
- Technology Flipkart Big Billion Days Sale; Best TWS Earbuds Deals You Shouldn't Miss
- Education IIT Bombay continues to remain the top choice for JEE Advanced 2022 toppers
- Lifestyle Navratri 2022 Day 5: Alia Bhatt To Ananya Panday, Green Navratri Outfit Inspirations From Bollywood Actresses
Maruti Suzuki in a bid to further improve its overall sales figure and further extend its lead over other car manufacturers, the Indo-Japanese automaker has finally launched the CNG version of the Swift hatchback in India. So, here is everything you need to know about the 'fun-to-drive' CNG hatchback.
Starting with the powertrain, the newly launched Maruti Suzuki Swift S-CNG is powered by the familiar 1.2-litre, 4-cylinder, DualJet, Dual VVT, and naturally-aspirated engine. However, it has been slightly modified to run on both CNG and Petrol.
Using petrol, this power unit produces 87.8bhp of peak power at 6,000rpm and 113Nm of peak torque at 4,400rpml. However, with the CNG inside, this engine is tuned to produce 76.5bhp of peak power at 6,000rpm, and 98.5Nm of torque at 4,300rpm.
Moreover, unlike the standard Maruti Suzuki Swift, the CNG iteration of the Swift hatchback comes exclusively mated to a 5-speed manual transmission much like all other CNG vehicles in India.
One of the biggest advantages of using a CNG car over a conventional model is its high fuel efficiency figure and low running cost. As a result, the newly launched Maruti Suzuki Swift S-CNG is rated to deliver a fuel efficiency figure of 30.90km/kg of CNG fuel.
In comparison, the standard Maruti Suzuki Swift equipped with the manual transmission returns a fuel efficiency figure of 22.38km/l, whereas the Maruti Suzuki Swift equipped with the AMT transmission returns a fuel efficiency figure of 22.56km/l.
While the feature list of the newly launched Maruti Suzuki Swift S-CNG remains identical to the conventional variants of the Swift hatchback, the CNG variant of the hatchback comes with its own set of unique features such as dual independent Electronic Control Units (ECU) and an intelligent injection system to provide optimum air-fuel ratio. Thanks to such a system, it provides good performance without sacrificing fuel efficiency.
Apart from that, Maruti Suzuki has used high-quality stainless steel pipes and integrated wiring harness to avoid rusting and short circuit, thus improving overall safety. In addition to these features, Maruti Suzuki has installed a microswitch that does not let the engine start while refilling the CNG.
Variants & Price
The newly launched Maruti Suzuki S-CNG is available in just two variants - VXi, and ZXi. This means the CNG version of the Maruti Suzuki Swift is not available on the base LXi variant. As a result, the starting price is on the higher side, but considering the overall savings, the additional premium over the standard variant is a lot more worth than the price difference.
Speaking about pricing, the Maruti Suzuki Swift S-CNG VXi variant is priced at Rs 7.77 lakh (ex-showroom, India), whereas the top-spec Maruti Suzuki Swift S-CNG ZXi variant is priced at Rs 8.45 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
In comparison, the standard iteration of the Maruti Suzuki Swift prices start from Rs 5.91 lakhs (ex-showroom, India) for the base LXi variant. Whereas the Maruti Suzuki Swift VXi costs Rs 6.82 lakhs (ex-showroom, India) and Rs 7.50 lakhs (ex-showroom, India) for the Maruti Suzuki Swift ZXi variant.
Thoughts About Maruti Suzuki Swift S-CNG
If you are looking for a very frugal yet fun-to-drive hatchback that is stylish and youthful in nature, look no further than the newly launched Maruti Suzuki Swift S-CNG hatchback as it ticks all the mentioned boxes. Moreover, the success of the Maruti Suzuki Swift S-CNG will help the Indo-Japanese automaker to further increase its market share in India.