- 7 hrs ago Winter Car Care & Check List – Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- 23 hrs ago Force Urbania Bookings Open – Limited Dealers Authorised To Accept Bookings
- 23 hrs ago Car That Inspired Time Travelling Delorean Set To Return - Getting Back To The Future
- 1 day ago Bollywood Actor Ram Kapoor Adds Ferrari Portofino M To His Exotic Collection
- Movies Bigg Boss 16: Archana Gautam Refuses To Get Drenched In Cold Water, Says ‘Bigg Boss Aapka Zaada Ho Raha Hai’
- Sports IPL: Who have won the most number of matches by more than 100 runs? Here are the facts and stats
- News We asked Congress govt to target terrorism, instead they targeted me: PM Modi in Gujarat
- Lifestyle Signs That You Are Too Emotionally Dependent On Your Partner
- Finance Top Brokerages Suggests Accumulate Two Multibagger Large Cap & Small Cap Stocks For High Returns
- Technology Xiaomi 13 With Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Tipped To Launch On December 1
- Travel Roraima Tepui Trek - Wild, Offbeat and Trail-worthy
- Education BPSC 67th Mains Exam 2022: Exam Schedule Announced At bpsc.bih.nic.in, Check Application Fee & Schedule Here
BYD e6 is an electric MUV and the company now claims to have sold 450 units of this electric MUV across the country. The BYD e6 is also the country's first premium electric MUV and it is powered by Blade Battery as well.
Speaking about BYD (Build Your Dreams), the company initially launched the model in tier 1 cities such as Delhi, Hyderabad, Vijayawada, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Kochi, and Ahmedabad. Then the company dealer partners in Kolkata, Pune, Indore Jaipur, Chandigarh, and Gurgaon.
In a bid to capture the growing electric passenger vehicle segment in India, BYD opened new showrooms in five cities across the country. This includes cities such as Kochi, Vijayawada, Hyderabad, Mumbai and Delhi.
Speaking about BYD e6, the electric MUV is the first premium MUV in India to adopt the automaker's Blade Battery Technology. This technology was globally recognised and acclaimed for its safety, range and charging cycle. Moreover, thanks to its lithium iron phosphate technology, the longevity of the battery pack is commendable and it also improves the volumetric energy density by 50 per cent.
In terms of specifications, the BYD e6 electric MPV is powered by a 93.67bhp electric motor and comes equipped with a large 71.7 kWh lithium iron phosphate battery pack. Thanks to this powertrain set up, the BYD e6 electric MUV has a top speed of 130km/h top and can do 520km per full charge in 'City' mode.
According to BYD, the BYD e6 electric MUV can do 415km in combined driving conditions under the WLTP test cycle. Apart from that, the BYD e6 electric MUV supports both AC and DC fast charging. As such, the BYD e6 electric MUV can charge its battery pack from 30 per cent to 80 per cent in just 35 minutes using a suitable DC fast charger.
BYD has a lot of confidence in its product and this is reflected in the warranty pack it offers. In India, the BYD e6 electric MUV comes with a warranty of 3 years / 1,25,000km, a battery warranty of 8 years / 5,00,000km, and a traction motor warranty of 8 years / 1,50,000km.
Also, the BYD e6 electric MUV entered the India Book Of Records by covering maximum distance on battery power. The record-breaking BYD e6 electric MUV covered 2,203 kilometres in 6 days and covered 9 cities on the way from Delhi to Mumbai.
It is also worth mentioning that BYD is looking forward to invest 260 billion rupees in the next five years to provide subsidies for automakers. In India, BYD e6 electric MUV was launched with a price tag of Rs 29.15 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
Thoughts About BYD e6 Electric MUV
The demand for EVs across the nation has skyrocketed - Thanks to better electric vehicles with improved range and rising fuel prices. Now, BYD is looking forward to capitalising on the EV push with its BYD e6 electric MUV. Moreover, the model comes with a large 71.7kWh battery pack, which is more than any other EV in this price range.