- 7 min ago Ducati Multistrada V4 Rally Revealed - The Long Distance Tourer
- 1 hr ago BYD Atto 3 Electric SUV Infotainment Unit Can Do This
- 4 hrs ago Mercedes EQS 580 Launched In India At Rs 1.55 Crore - The Ultimate Luxury EV
- 5 hrs ago Hero MotoCorp & Zero Motorcycles To Co-Develop Electric Motorcycles: Hero Invests Rs 488 Crore
- News Russia annexes occupied Ukraine areas; Putin calls them 'four new regions'
- Finance India's core sector Grows 3.3% In August, Lowest In 9 Months
- Sports Jasprit Bumrah injury: What is back stress fracture? Can he still play in T20 World Cup 2022?
- Movies Plan A Plan B Movie Review: Riteish-Tamannaah's Rom-Com Barely Has Any Reason To Feature In Your Plans
- Lifestyle Sara Ali Khan’s Ethnic Kurta Sets Style Is What You Need For Indian Wear
- Technology Oppo Reno 9 Series Specs Leaked Ahead of Launch; Fast Charging Details Might Surprise You
- Education Bihar NEET PG Counselling 2022: PGMAC Rank Card Released, Know How To Check
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
Swedish carmaker Volvo has launched its 2023 lineup in India. Prices for the 2023 Volvo lineup start at Rs 43.20 lakh for the XC40 while the top-spec XC90 is the range topper at Rs 94.90 lakh. All the new 2023 Volvo models in India are now either mild hybrids or pure EVs with the former offered in one spec alone - Ultimate.
2023 Volvo Lineup Updates
The entry-level Volvo XC40 and the top-spec XC90 are the models bringing in the big changes for the 2023 model year. The XC40 is priced at Rs 45.90 lakhs but for the festive period will be available for Rs 43.20 lakhs. The Volvo XC90 is priced at Rs 94.90 lakhs (all prices are ex-showroom).
The interiors of the Volvo XC90 remain mostly untouched but sports a new 12.3-inch driver's display and new ADAS features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Pilot Assist, Lane Keeping Aid, Blind Spot Information System with Cross traffic alert, Collision Mitigation Support (front & rear) and Parking Assistance (front & rear)..
The Volvo XC40 is offered in one trim level - B4 Ultimate - which comes powered by a 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine coupled with a 48V mild hybrid setup that is good for 197bhp and 300Nm of peak torque. Power is sent to the front wheels via an 8-speed automatic gearbox.
The Volvo XC90, on the other hand, does not get any major cosmetic tweaks for the 2023 model year. The biggest update on the XC90 comes in the form of the new Android based infotainment display that packs Google's Maps, Assistant and Play Store. This new infotainment system also supports wired Apple CarPlay.
The 2023 Volvo XC90 is offered with a 2.0-litre turbo petrol engine and a 48V mild hybrid system that deliver 300bhp and 420Nm of peak torque which is sent to all four wheels via an 8-speed automatic gearbox.
Volvo also announced prices for the XC60 SUV and the S90 sedan which are priced at Rs 65.90 lakh and Rs 66.90 lakh respectively. Both vehicles use Volvo's 2.0-litre turbo petrol engine with mild-hybrid assistance which puts out 250bhp in the XC60 and S90.
Thoughts About Volvo's Updated 2023 Lineup
Volvo has updated its 2023 lineup for India and now only sells electrified vehicles in the country. While we wish Volvo had brought its strong hybrid tech to India, the move to a fully electrified lineup is still one that should be applauded as it is the first carmaker to make the change in the country till date.