- 10 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift S-CNG Launched At Rs 7.77 Lakh - Most Powerful CNG Hatchback In India
- 13 hrs ago Mahindra Scorpio Classic Unveiled - Gets More Kit
- 15 hrs ago Honda Activa 7G Launch Soon - Teaser Out
- 19 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift CNG - Dealers Start Taking Unofficial Bookings Ahead Of The Launch
- Finance Buy This Tata Group Stock For A Dividend Yield Of 4.65%, Company Is Repaying Debt
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 14: Satyanarayana Subbaraya Wasn’t Able To Answer THIS Rs 50 Lakh Question, Can You?
- News Salman Rushdie "alive" after attack | Top points
- Sports K1000 Rally: Aishwarya Pissay, the cynosure of all eyes
- Technology Microsoft Lays Off 2,000 Employees In Just Two Months; Find Out Why
- Education MAH CET MBA/MMS 2022 Admit Card Released: Download Hall Tickets From cetcell.mahacet.org
- Travel Sakrebailu Elephant Camp Shimoga Timings, Ticket Fee, Attractions and How to Reach
- Lifestyle Alia Bhatt, Anushka Sharma, Kareena Kapoor Khan: Bollywood Guide To Maternity Fashion
Hyundai has launched the 2022 iteration of the Venue SUV in India, following which Maruti Suzuki has also launched the much-awaited 2022 iteration of the Brezza SUV in the country.
This gives rise to the simple question, which is the better sub-4m SUV amongst the two. In this comparison, we shall compare both these SUVs in terms of their design, features, powertrain, and price.
Starting with the design, both SUVs look very sophisticated and contemporary in their design. However, the overall design of the 2022 Maruti Suzuki Brezza somehow feels a bit better executed than the 2022 Hyundai Venue SUV.
While the previous iteration of the Hyundai Venue SUV had a better-looking interior compared to the previous Vitara Brezza SUV, it seems that the roles have been reversed this time with the 2022 Brezza having slightly more premium-looking interiors - Courtesy of layered dashboard and floating infotainment unit.
In terms of features, the 2022 Maruti Suzuki Brezza comes equipped with features such as an electric sunroof, updated MID display, a larger 9.0-inch touchscreen infotainment unit, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, Alexa compatibility, Cruise Control, connected car tech, climate control, rear AC vents, and more.
Unique features to the 2022 Brezza compared to the 2022 Venue includes a 360-degree surround-view camera, Arkamys sound system, heads-up display (HUD), and a few more.
On the other hand, the 2022 Hyundai Venue SUV comes packed with features such as 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, Cruise Control, rear AC vents, climate control, electric sunroof, and more.
Unique features on the 2022 Hyundai Venue SUV include two-step reclining rear seats, an air purifier, a fully digital instrument cluster and wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity.
Moreover, the electric motor alone produces 3bhp of power and this electric motor assists the petrol engine to achieve better fuel efficiency figures.
In terms of gearbox options, the 2022 Maruti Suzuki Brezza can be specified with either a 5-speed manual transmission or a 6-speed automatic transmission.
On the other hand, the 2022 iteration of the Hyundai Venue SUV comes with three engine options - 2 petrol and 1 diesel engine option. The base powertrain continues to be the 1.2-litre naturally-aspirated petrol engine with 81.8bhp of peak power and 114Nm of peak torque.
The second engine option is the 1.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine with 118.4bhp of peak power and 172Nm of peak torque. Finally, the 1.5-litre diesel engine produces 98.6bhp of peak power and 240Nm of peak torque.
In addition to the three engine options, Hyundai also equipped the new Venue SUV with three gearbox options. However, only the turbo-petrol variant gets the iMT and DCT gearbox options as others get a more traditional manual transmission.
The base variants of both these SUVs play a vital role in attracting customers with their aggressive pricing. At Rs 7.52 lakhs (ex-showroom, India), the Hyundai Venue has a more aggressive price tag, whereas the 2022 Maruti Suzuki Brezza pricing starts from Rs 7.99 lakhs (ex-showroom, India).
Moreover, the top-end variant of the Maruti Suzuki Brezza is also Rs 1.25 lakh more expensive than the top-end variant of the Hyundai Venue SUV at Rs 13.96 lakhs (ex-showroom, India).
Thoughts About 2022 Maruti Suzuki Brezza & 2022 Hyundai Venue
The 2022 Hyundai Venue seems to have an upper hand in terms of pricing, but the new Maruti Suzuki Brezza counters with a more premium-looking design.