- 2 hrs ago Mahindra Scorpio Classic - All You Need To Know
- 5 hrs ago 2022 Ola S1 Comes With More Range, Top Speed & Features
- 8 hrs ago 2022 Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 - AMT Gearbox, Touchscreen Infotainment, Steering Controls & More
- 22 hrs ago Mahindra BE & Twin Peaks Electric SUV Brands Revealed - 5 New EVs Unveiled
- Sports Rishabh Pant has a slight edge over KL Rahul as a future India Test captain, opines Aakash Chopra
- Technology Xiaomi’s New 32" Budget Smart TV Costs Rs. 16,999: Key Features, Specs & Competition
- News BJP top brass chairs meeting with party’s Bihar core group
- Finance Buy This Small Cap NBFC Stock For Aggressive 164% Potential Gains: ICICI Securities
- Lifestyle Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Ananya Panday: 7 Celeb-Approved Ways To Style Skinny Jeans
- Movies Dil Raju To Join Hands With Kalyan Ram For Bimbisara 2?
- Education 2022 NATA Phase 3 Result is announced; Know how to download your scorecard
- Travel Vatnajokull: Earth's Mighty Ice Sheet
Hyundai is gearing up to launch the much-awaited Hyundai Tucson SUV in India and we expect the South Korean automaker to launch the upcoming fourth-generation Tucson SUV on 4th August 2022.
When launched, the new fourth-gen Hyundai Tucson will rival other SUVs such as Citroen C5 Aircross, Jeep Compass and Volkswagen Tiguan.
Though its rivals are highly rated among automotive journalists, Hyundai has high hopes for the new Tucson SUV in India, as the latest iteration of the Tucson SUV has been a global success for the South Korean automaker and the segment itself is gathering pace in the Indian market.
Speaking about the global success, Hyundai has already sold more than 7 lakh units of Tucson SUV, and the fourth-gen Hyundai Tucson made its global debut back in 2020 itself.
One of the biggest highlights of the Hyundai Tucson SUV is that the model comes equipped with Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS). This is an active safety feature that prevents the user from having an accident.
This active safety net includes advanced safety features such as forward collision avoidance assistance, safe ext warning, rear cross-traffic alert, adaptive cruise control, blind-spot assistance, lane following assistance, lane departure warning, lane-keep assist, high-beam assistance and a few more.
These safety features not only improve the safety of the upcoming fourth-gen Hyundai Tucson SUV, but it also improves the overall driving convenience of the SUV. Also, the 2022 fourth-gen Hyundai Tucson SUV is among the safest SUVs in the country with a 5-Star safety rating for Adult Occupant Protection from Euro-NCAP.
Like all Hyundai vehicles, the fourth-gen Hyundai Tucson SUV also comes loaded to the brim with features and tech. The feature list in the upcoming SUV includes ventilated seats, auto headlamps, auto wipers, auto Day/Night mirrors, wireless charging, electrical seat adjustments, multi-colour ambient lighting,10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, 10-25-inch digital instrument cluster, panoramic sunroof, auto climate control, rear AC vents and much more.
In terms of powertrain, the fourth-gen Hyundai Tucson SUV can be specified with either a petrol or diesel engine. The petrol unit is a 2.0-litre, naturally-aspirated engine with 154bhp of peak power and 192Nm of peak torque. Moreover, this engine comes mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission.
On the other hand, the more popular choice is likely to be the 2.0-litre, turbocharged diesel engine. This engine produces a much healthier 184bhp of peak power and 416Nm of peak torque. This powertrain also uses a more sophisticated 8-speed automatic gearbox to better utilise the mammoth torque output.
It is also worth mentioning that the Hyundai Tucson SUV can also be specified with a 4WD system.
At present, the bookings for the Hyundai Tucson SUV are open and interested buyers can book the SUV for Rs 50,000.
Thoughts About The Upcoming New 2022 Hyundai Tucson
Hyundai is known to pack its car with a long feature list and the new Hyundai Tucson SUV is no different. Also, Hyundai is stepping up its game on safety features as well with the inclusion of ADAS. However, the success of the Hyundai Tucson SUV will depend on the pricing as India is a very price-sensitive market.