- 1 day ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 1 day ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 1 day ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 1 day ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- Technology Amazon Prime Day Sale 2021: Discount Offer On Top Trending Smartphones
- Movies Veteran Actress Savita Bajaj, Who Was In Dire Need Of Financial Help, Gets Discharged From Hospital
- Sports India vs Sri Lanka 1st T20I: Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Suryakumar Yadav star in India's 38-run win over Sri Lanka
- News PM Modi cleared roadblocks to NE peace, development: Amit Shah
- Finance 3 Best Performing And High-Rated Gilt Funds To Start SIP In 2021
- Education CGBSE 12th Marksheet: Check CG 12th Result Name Wise And Roll Number
- Lifestyle Cancer Centre Successfully Initiates Neuro-Monitoring Technique For Spinal Cord Surgery, A First In Mumbai
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
Volvo has debuted their newest all-electric XC40 Recharge SUV in the Indian market. The new Volvo XC40 Recharge electric SUV has been unveiled in India, ahead of its scheduled launch during the second half of this year.
Volvo has also confirmed that the bookings for the XC40 Recharge will begin from June 2021 across India. Deliveries for the electric SUV, however, will start from October this year and take place in a phased manner.
The Volvo XC40 Recharge will be the newest addition to India's premium electric SUV segment, which currently consists of the Mercedes-Benz EQC. However, at the time of launch of the XC40 Recharge, it will also rival the likes of the Jaguar I-Pace and the Audi e-Tron; both of which are expected to arrive in the coming months.
The new Volvo XC40 Recharge electric SUV will be imported into India via the CBU (Completely Built Unit) route. The SUV will be manufactured at the brand's facility in Ghent, Belgium. The company also stated that the XC40 Recharge will be the first of many products planned for the Indian market.
Volvo even confirmed that they have plans of introducing one new electric product in the market every year. The company even gave us a glimpse of the second electric SUV, the C40 Recharge which is scheduled to enter the market sometime next year.
Coming back to the Volvo XC40 Recharge, the electric SUV carries forward the same design and styling elements as the standard IC-engine powered model. The only major differences between the two are that the electric SUV gets a body-coloured panel in place of the grille, a new set of alloy wheels and small storage space of 31-litres in the frunk.
The upcoming Volvo XC40 Recharge will come powered by dual electric motors (one at each axle). The electric powertrain is said to produce 408bhp and 660Nm of peak torque, allowing it to sprint from 0 - 100km/h in just 4.5 seconds. The XC40 Recharge is said to offer a claimed range of 418km on a single charge and will come with both standard and fast-charging capabilities as standard.
Thoughts On The Upcoming Volvo XC40 Recharge India Debut
The Volvo XC40 Recharge is the latest all-electric premium SUV offering confirmed for the Indian market. The new Volvo XC40 Recharge will be the brand's first e-SUV in India, but definitely not the last.