- 42 min ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launched In India; Powered By R15 Sourced 155cc Engine With VVA
- 4 hrs ago New Yamaha R15 V4.0 Launched In India; R15M And Aerox 155 Launched Along
- 8 hrs ago Audi E-Tron GT Launch Tomorrow; Audi Claims 383 Km Range
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- News US military power must be our tool of last resort, not our first: Biden at UN
- Sports With good balance of youth and experience, head coach Bozidar is confident of CFC’s chances in ISL 2021-22
- Movies Kamya Panjabi Regrets Not Meeting Sidharth Shukla Post Bigg Boss 13, Says ‘We Used To Laugh So Much’
- Education SBI Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Declared, Check Direct Link
- Technology Realme GT Neo2 Price Revealed Ahead Of Launch; New Dimensity 1200AI SoC Variant Also Tipped
- Lifestyle Emma Corrin’s Emmy’s 2021 Costume Is Surprising And There Could Be Salem Witch Trials Angle To It
- Finance How To Choose ELSS Fund To Save Tax And Create Wealth?
- Travel 8 Beautiful Long Drive Routes In India
Volvo postpones the launch of XC40 Recharge in India due to the global shortage of semiconductors. The premium electric SUV will now be arriving sometime in early 2022. The company has also announced that the bookings for the EV have also been deferred to a later date.
The XC40 Recharge was expected to launch in India sometime this year. However, the ongoing shortage of semiconductors in the world has forced the manufacturer to delay the launch to next year.
The all-electric XC40 Recharge has been successfully received in the international markets. This has encouraged the company to plan for the electrification of its vehicles. Back in 2018, the company had announced that it will be launching 4 new electrified vehicles in the next three years in India. However, the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic has forced the automaker to delay its launch plans.
Volvo has committed to improve the environment and support the electrified future by converting its entire line-up of vehicles to feature some form of electrification. The company has announced in 2019 that all vehicles launching globally will feature some form of electrification.
Regarding the XC40 Recharge, the electric SUV is built on the new Compact Modular Architecture (CMA) platform that underpins the ICE model as well. The electric SUV looks identical to the standard XC40 albeit subtle changes made to the electric SUV.
Electric Powertrain, Range & Charging
The new Volvo XC40 Recharge SUV features two 150 kW electric motors mounted at either axel. Both electric motors are coupled to a 78kWh lithium-ion battery pack together producing 402bhp and 659Nm of peak torque. In comparison, the standard Volvo XC40 produces 187bhp from its 2.0-litre diesel.
However, the battery pack and two electric motors mean that the XC40 Recharge is about 500 kilos heavier than the standard model. Despite the weight, the XC40 Recharge can accelerate from 0 to 100kmph in 4.9 seconds.
The electric motors send power to all four wheels via the electric all-wheel drive set-up. The electric SUV offers a claimed range of 400 km on a single charge. It also features fast charging from which it can juice up the battery by up to 80 per cent in just 40 minutes.
The SUV features a new white-finished grille at the front with a large Volvo badge and the absence of a dual-exhaust setup; among others. With a missing engine under the hood, the XC40 Recharge features a small storage space of 31 litres at the front.
- Automatic LED headlights
- Black Stone roof & door mirrors
- Roof rails
- Colour co-ordinated front grille cover
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- Android Auto & Apple Carplay
- Two-zone climate control
- Power-operated tailgate
- Powered & ventilated seats
- Volvo Cars Services with App
- Google Automotive Services
- 8-speaker audio system
- Wireless mobile charger
- Steering wheel with mounted controls
- Run-off Road Mitigation
- Run-off Road Protection
- Lane Keeping Aid
- Side Impact Protection System
- Whiplash Protection System
- ISOFIX Attachment
- Blind Spot Information System with Steer Assist
Interiors & Technology
The interiors of the XC40 Recharge features a 9-inch touchscreen infotainment system and a 12.3-inch TFT display for the instrument cluster.
Volvo cars are all about safety and the XC40 Recharge is no different with 8 airbags on offer. The electric SUV also features front and rear parking sensors.
Thoughts About The Volvo XC40 Recharge India Launch Postponed To 2022
The Volvo XC40 Recharge is one of the most anticipated launched from the brand in the Indian market. The company is now forced to delay the launch yet again because of an ongoing semiconductor shortage in the world. The XC40 Recharge will rival the likes of the Mercedes-Benz EQC, Jaguar I-Pace, Audi e-Tron and the upcoming Tesla Model 3 in India.