- 1 min ago Hyundai Extends Warranty & Free Service Period In India Due To Coronavirus Lockdown
- 19 hrs ago Ola Introduces Electric Vehicle Taxi Rides In London
- 20 hrs ago 2021 Mercedes-Maybach S680 Revealed: Epitome Of Luxury & V12 Power
- 1 day ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- News Covid-19: India logs 281,860 new infections; Maharashtra sees 974 deaths
- Sports IPL 2021: 38 Australia cricketers including David Warner, Steve Smith, Pat Cummins reach home from Maldives
- Movies Aryan Khan's Picture From Graduation Ceremony Goes Viral; Fans Wish Congratulations To Proud Parents SRK-Gauri
- Technology COVID-19 Symptoms Monitoring: Best Smart Bands With Spo2 Monitor To Buy In India
- Finance Should You Invest In Fixed Deposits With Free Life Insurance Benefits?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In May
- Education Industry Leaders Cobble Up COVID Widows Initiative To Help Women Who Lost Their Partners To Pandemic
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan And Sanju
Volkswagen has revealed the interiors of the Taigun SUV in the Indian market. The interiors of the upcoming SUV have been brought to the light by the brand via rendered images. The Taigun comes packed with a host of features inside and out.
The all-black interiors of the Taigun SUV look inviting and sporty. Starting with the long list of interior features is a centrally-mounted 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system. It supports wireless smartphone connectivity such as Apple CarPlay, Android Auto & the brand's latest form of connected technology.
Other features that make the highlight of the upcoming Taigun SUV include a fully digital instrument cluster, climate control, ventilated front seats, a wireless charging pad and an electric sunroof, keyless entry, rear ac vents, cruise control and more.
However, the Taigun concept SUV showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo features exterior colour coordinated panels on the inside. These features have not been carried forward on the production version of the SUV.
Instead, the standard variant of the Taigun features a blacked-out theme with soft-touch materials on the dashboard, door panels and more. On the other hand, the Taigun GT variant will feature red-contrast stitching along with GT badging, which adds to the sportiness of the SUV.
Moving to the exterior features of the Taigun SUV, it features the brand's LED Matrix headlamp technology with integrated LED DRLs, fog lamps, LED taillamps, and a large light bar that runs across the length of the boot lid.
To enhance the SUV looks of the Taigun, it also features front and rear scuff plates, all-around body cladding, chrome-finished window line, 17-inch alloy wheels, a blacked-out roof, silver-finished roof rails, and a roof-mounted spoiler; among others. The GT variant of the SUV will feature red-brake callipers as well.
In terms of safety, the SUV will come equipped with 6-airbags, ABS, 3 headrests at rear, 3-point seat belts, ISOFIX child seat anchorage, rear parking camera and electronic stability control.
The Volkswagen Taigun will be offered in two engine options: the 1.0-litre and the 1.5-litre turbo-petrol TSI units. The 1.0-litre engine is offered with either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed torque converter automatic. While the bigger 1.5-litre engine will come mated to either a 6-speed manual or a 7-speed DSG gearbox.
The 1.0-litre unit will produce a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm. On the other hand, the 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine dishes out a maximum of 148bhp at 5000rpm, and a peak torque of 250Nm at 1500rpm. The GT engine option will be limited to the top-spec 1.5-litre TSI unit.
Mr Klaus Zyciora, Head of Volkswagen Group Design said, "The Taigun is a design statement; it's a combination of dynamism, power and space well complimented with legendary safety, build quality & functionality of a Volkswagen. The Taigun has the most distinctive rear within its segment. The width spanning C-shaped continuous LED tail lamp marks a strong rear-end design. This superior, sporty character further adds to the overall aesthetics of the Taigun."
Mr Jozef Kabaň, Head of Volkswagen Design said, "The Taigun reflects a seamless integration of design proportions that depict true Volkswagen style. The sporty, modern and robust appearance would appeal to the young Indian customer. The all-new Volkswagen Taigun has been designed and developed specifically for India. The country has a rich and diverse set of people with individual requirements and lifestyles. The design elements of the Taigun cater as much to these requirements, making the carline a superior and robust offering for the Indian customer."
Thoughts About The Volkswagen Taigun Interiors Revealed Ahead Of India Launch
Volkswagen Taigun is packed with a host of features and caters to the ongoing trend of connected technology, sunroof and large infotainment systems. The upcoming Taigun SUV will be a heavily localized product from the brand that is expected to arrive sometime during the festive season this year.