- 1 hr ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- 16 hrs ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 19 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 22 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- News RBI decision to allow NBFCs apply for Aadhaar-e-KYC Authentication Licence to promote digitisation
- Sports IPL 2021: Gill, Rana are about to shock the world, says KKR chief mentor Hussey
- Lifestyle Ananya Panday Is Here To Set The Gram On Fire Yet Again With Her Brown Bralette
- Technology Week 38, 2021 Launch Roundup: Apple iPhone 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max, iPhone 13, 13 Mini, Realme C25Y, And More
- Finance How To Buy Silver In India? Different Investing Options In Silver
- Movies Mohit Raina Spills The Beans About His Role In Shiddat; 'Hoping People Will Love It'
- Education REET Admit Card 2021 Released, Download At reetbser21.com
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
Earlier this year, Volkswagen unveiled its fourth SUV offering in the Indian market, the Tiguan. The Tiguan SUV is no newbie to the Indian market and had been on sale in the past. However, the company had discontinued the SUV for some time before introducing it again in the market in an all-new avatar. The carmaker had plans to launch the SUV in May, but now it has plans to launch it in June.
The Tiguan SUV will be reentering the market with an all-new design, features and most of all a new powertrain. The upcoming SUV will be the brand third five-seat SUV offering in the Indian market. Starting with the design of the new Tiguan, it looks similar to its predecessor model which was on sale in the country.
However, there are some tweaks, which give the new SUV an appealing stance. This includes the new sleek-looking headlamps that now features LED Matrix technology, a sharper-looking grille finished in chrome and a redesigned bumper that now features triangular-shaped insets on either side along with an air-dam in the middle. We could notice the front sensors placed on the bumper as well.
The Tiguan Allspace features split-style LED headlamps, chrome accents on the bumper, a larger reflective strip and a VW badge placed on the centre of the boot lid. Other exterior features include a shark fin antenna, silver-finished roof-rails and an integrated roof spoiler as well.
Moving inside, one can find the cabin layout of the Tiguan similar to the Tiguan Allspace. However, Volkswagen has added a couple of new features including a touch panel for the new three-zone climate control. Other interior features of the SUV include an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, a fully-digital instrument cluster, premium Vienna leather seats, illuminated scuff plates, a panoramic sunroof, and ambient lighting with 30 shades; among others.
Speaking of the powertrain, mechanically the Tiguan will share its complete powertrain with its elder sibling, the Tiguan Allspace. It will be powered by a 2.0-litre TSI engine that dishes out a maximum of 190bhp and a peak torque 320Nm. The power is sent to all four wheels via the brand 4MOTION all-wheel-drive system mated to a seven-speed DSG gearbox.
Thoughts About The All-New Volkswagen Tiguan
Volkswagen is going aggressive with its SUV offerings by introducing the new Tiguan in India. The 2021 Tiguan features a simple design and comes packed with a host of features. Once launched, the Tiguan will go up against the likes of the Hyundai Tucson, Jeep Compass and the upcoming Citroen C5 Aircross SUV in the Indian market.