- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Cars Offer & Discounts For May 2021: Up To Rs 1.5 Lakh Benefits On Select Models
- 15 hrs ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 17 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 17 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- Lifestyle COVID-19 Vaccine Slot Finder: Find COVID-19 Vaccine Slots In Your Area Using These Websites
- Sports Boxing: Mandeep Jangra wins maiden pro bout in USA
- Finance IDFC First Bank Revises Interest Rates On FD, Check New Rates Here
- News PM Modi speaks to CMs of Punjab, Karnataka, Bihar and Uttarakhand on COVID situation
- Movies Mother’s Day EXCLUSIVE! Abhishek To Mayuri; TV Celebs Share Sweetest Things They Did For Their Mom
- Technology What Is Band Steering? How It Helps Get Good Wi-Fi Connectivity?
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
The German automaker, Volkswagen is all set to increase its product portfolio in the country by launching an all-new SUV called the Taigun. Ahead of its launch, the company has teased the Taigun again on its social media handle.
In the company's post, it stated, "2021 brings a new beginning for us with the arrival of the most anticipated, energetic & vibrant #SUVW of the year - The #VolkswagenTaigun." Along with the statement the company also released a new image of the Taigun SUV.
The upcoming Volkswagen Taigun was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo along with other SUV models. The company has also announced that the Taigun will go on sale sometime in mid-2021 in India. It will be available as a two-wheel-drive variant only.
The Taigun will be built on an all-new platform that is specifically tailor-made to suit the buyers in the Indian market. It will be a modified version of the brand's famous MQB platform developed jointly by Skoda & Volkswagen.
The exteriors of the Taigun features LED projector headlamps with integrated DRLs, a rear LED tail-lamp with a light bar across the boot-lid, faux scuff plates at either end and a chrome-finished grille.
Based on the model showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo, the Taigun will feature several trims on the inside that matches the exterior colour of the SUV. It will also feature a fully-digital instrument console, a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls, large touchscreen infotainment system, and fast-charging USB slots; among others.
The Volkswagen Taigun is expected to be offered with two engine options: a 1.0-litre and 1.5-litre TSI turbo-petrol units. However, the 1.0-litre unit could be offered on the entry-level trims of the SUV which could helo with aggressive pricing.
The 1.0-litre three-cylinder TSI engine will be the same unit powering the Volkswagen Polo GT. It produces a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox and an optional automatic torque converter unit.
The top-spec 1.5-litre engine TSI EVO four-cylinder engine currently powers the Volkswagen T-Roc SUV in the brand's line-up. It churns out 150bhp and 250Nm of torque and comes mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic as standard.
Thoughts About The Volkswagen Taigun Teased Again Ahead Of India Launch
The Volkswagen Taigun is expected to be the cheapest SUV that will go on sale in the Indian market. The Taigun will be placed in the highly-competitive mid-size SUV segment in India. Once launched, the Volkswagen Taigun will rival the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Nissan Kick and the upcoming Skoda Kushaq in the country.