- 11 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 12 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 13 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 14 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- Finance Who Can Open Zero Balance Post Office Savings Account?
- Movies Rahul Roy And His Family Test Positive For COVID-19; Actor Says They Hadn't Even Stepped Out Of Home
- Technology Amazon Quiz Contest Answers For April 15, 2021: Win Rs. 10,000 Amazon Pay Balance
- News ICSE Board Exams 2021: Will class 10, 12 exams get cancelled or postponed? Latest updates for students
- Sports Borussia Dortmund 1-2 Manchester City 2-4 agg: Foden finally ends Guardiola's last-four wait
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
- Lifestyle Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
The German automaker, Volkswagen has unveiled the much-awaited Taigun SUV in the Indian market. At first glance, the production model of the Taigun looks very similar to the concept SUV showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo.
Starting with the platform, the Taigun will be using the modified MQB A0 IN platform. It is also the first model to come from VW's staple under the Indian 2.0 strategy. Taigun will be up to 95% localized and has been developed by inputs from the Indian engineers to suit the country's buyers.
The design of the Taigun follows the brand's history of ‘keeping it simple'. The SUV features clean lines and a butch stance to give it an appealing look. It features a sleek-looking front grille with two chrome bars running across.
The SUV features LED projector headlamps with integrated DRLs. The front bumper houses fog lamps on either side surrounded by a silver accent trim piece. The bumper also houses the air dam and the front scuff plates, which adds to the aggressive and simple styling of the SUV.
The side profile of the SUV features a strong shoulder, which gives it a muscular look to match the SUV stance. Further adding to the SUV looks are the all-around body cladding and 17-inch alloy wheels. The concept SUV was showcased with 19-inch wheels, which has been downsized on the production model.
At the rear, the Taigun features a large light bar that runs across the length of the boot-lid. The LED taillamps have been integrated into the light bar creating a single-piece look. The centre of the lightbar houses the Volkswagen badge, which also doubles up as a boot release.
The rear bumpers feature chrome accents along with a scuff plate and reflectors that add to the sporty and premium appeal of the SUV. Some of the other exterior features of the Taigun include a blacked-out roof, silver-finished roof rails, and a roof-mounted spoiler.
Image from Auto Expo 2020
Volkswagen will be offering the Taigun in several trims including the top-spec GT Line. The top-spec variant will feature a host of cosmetic changes over the standard variant of the SUV. This includes red brake callipers, red contrast stitching, GT badging, red ambient lighting and more.
On the inside, the colour co-ordinated panels found in the concept SUV has not been carried forward. Instead, the Taigun's cabin now features a dark grey panel across the middle of the dashboard. This paired with a flat-bottom multifunction steering wheel adds to the sportiness of the SUV.
Other interiors features on the Taigun include a 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a fully-digital instrument cluster, climate control, ventilated front seats, a wireless charging pad and an electric sunroof. The SUV will also feature wireless smartphone connectivity, keyless entry, rear ac vents, cruise control and more.
Image from Auto Expo 2020
In terms of safety, Volkswagen Taigun will come packed with a host of equipment. These include 6-airbags, ABS, 3 headrests at rear, 3-point seat belts, ISOFIX child seat anchorage, rear parking camera and electronic stability control.
The company has also confirmed that the Taigun will be powered by a pair of TSI turbo-petrol engines. The 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine will produce a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm. On the other hand, the 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine produces a maximum of 148bhp at 5000rpm, and a peak torque of 240Nm at 1500rpm.
Volkswagen has also confirmed that it will be offering a DSG automatic transmission as an option. However, if the Taigun get introduced with the larger 1.5-litre engine, it could be offered with a DSG as standard.
Image from Auto Expo 2020
Thoughts About The Volkswagen Taigun Production Version Officially Unveiled
The Volkswagen Taigun is the brand's newest SUV offering which will be placed in the mid-size SUV segment in the country. The Taigun features a simple and clean design, which is typical of VW models. However, the SUV is also feature-packed and is ready to take on its rivals such as Hyundai Creta and Kia Seltos in the Indian market.