- 24 min ago Mahindra Thar Adorned With Amitabh Bachchan Dialogues Grabs The Attention Of Mahindra Chairman
- 5 hrs ago Ola Hypercharger Launched: Test Rides For Ola Electric Scooters Will Commence From November 10
- 2 days ago Dual-Tone Colours For TVS Radeon Launched Ahead Of Festive Season; Priced Slightly Higher
- 2 days ago Mercedes-Benz Creates The Most Transparent Retail Experience
- Technology iQOO 8, iQOO 8 Legend India Launch Imminent; What All To Expect?
- News Coimbatore: KMCH opens 750-bed Medical College General Hospital
- Sports T20 World Cup 2021: Virender Sehwag comes out in support of Mohammad Shami following online attack on pacer
- Travel Top Ten Winter Destinations In Odisha
- Finance PhonePe Starts Charging Transaction Fees on Mobile Recharge
- Movies Aryan Khan Drugs Case: Ananya Panday Fails To Appear Before NCB
- Education ICAR AIEEA 2021 Score Card Released, Here’s How To Check ICAR AIEEA UG, PG, PhD Scores Provisional Here
- Lifestyle Karwa Chauth 2021: Mira Rajput Kapoor, Yami Gautam Dhar, And Sonali Bendre Wow Us With Their Looks
Volkswagen is all set to unveil the production-spec model of the Taigun SUV in the Indian market on March 31, 2021. Ahead of its unveiling, the upcoming Taigun's production model design has been leaked.
The leaked images from Shifting Gears, reveals the exterior design of the Taigun SUV. Volkswagen has given the Taigun a similar-looking exterior as the T-Roc SUV. The production version of the vehicle remains largely similar to the Taigun concept showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo.
At the front, the Taigun features a sleek-looking front grille with two chrome bars running across. Also, the leaked images are of the top-spec Taigun GT line model, hence the badge on the grille. The SUV features LED projector headlamps with integrated DRLs, that also functions as turn-signal indicators.
The front bumper houses fog lamps on either side surrounded by a silver accent trim piece. The bumper also houses the air dam and the front scuff plates, which adds to the aggressive and simple styling of the SUV.
Looking at the side profile of the Taigun SUV, we could notice the strong shoulder line along with slightly flared wheel arches and the dual-tone alloy wheels. The window-line and door handles are finished in chrome to give it a premium look.
Moving to the rear of the vehicle, the Taigun features a large light bar that runs across the length of the boot-lid. The LED taillamps have been integrated into the light bar creating a single-piece look. The centre of the lightbar houses the Volkswagen badge, which also doubles up as a boot release.
The rear bumpers feature chrome accents along with stuff plate and reflectors that add to the sporty and premium appeal of the SUV. Some of the other features and design details revealed from the images include a blacked-out roof, silver-finished roof rails, a roof-mounted spoiler and all-around body cladding.
On the inside, the Taigun is expected to be feature-packed and could come with exterior colour co-ordinated trims placed across the cabin. It will also feature a fully-digital instrument console, a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls, a large touchscreen infotainment system, and fast-charging USB slots; among others.
The company has also confirmed that the Taigun will be powered by a pair of TSI turbo-petrol engines. The 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine will produce a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm. On the other hand, the 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine produces a maximum of 148bhp at 5000rpm, and a peak torque of 240Nm at 1500rpm.
Volkswagen has also confirmed that it will be offering a DSG automatic transmission as an option. However, if the Taigun get introduced with the larger 1.5-litre engine, it could be offered with a DSG as standard.
Thoughts About The Volkswagen Taigun Production Design Leaked Ahead Of Launch
The Volkswagen Taigun features a simple yet sporty design. The all-around body cladding of the SUV adds to the aggressive looks. Whether the Taigun design will gain popularity in the Indian market remains to be seen.