- 6 hrs ago Volkswagen Tiguan Deliveries Commence In India: Prices Start From Rs 31.99 Lakh
- 9 hrs ago Tata Tigor CNG Vs Hyundai Aura CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- 14 hrs ago Tata Punch Vs Nissan Magnite: Where Should You Put Your Hard Earned Money?
- 16 hrs ago Ather Energy Opens Showroom In Nagpur: Fourth Ather Showroom In Maharashtra
- News Neglected infectious diseases may be tomorrow's pandemic: Bharat Biotech chairman
- Finance 2 Small Cap Stocks Where FIIs Raised Stake By Up To 34.81% In December Qtr.
- Movies Anuradha Paudwal And Sadhana Sargam Grace Zee TV’s Sa Re Ga Ma Pa As Special Guests
- Sports PKL 2021-22: Mohit, Sombir star as Puneri Paltan make light work of Naveen-less Dabang Delhi
- Education NBEMS FDST Admit Card 2022 Released At nbe.edu.in, Here’s How To Download Hall Ticket
- Technology Oppo Watch Free Listed On Official Site In India; Launching Alongside Reno7 Series On Feb 4?
- Travel National Tourism Day 2022: Explore North India By Train
- Lifestyle Tired Of Hair Loss? Here Are Some Tips And Home Remedies To Naturally Regrow Your Hair
The pre-bookings for the Volkswagen Taigun is underway. Interested folks can now book the upcoming 5-seater mid-size SUV at their nearest Volkswagen dealers for an amount of Rs 25,000.
With the launch of Skoda Kushaq and following its success with Indian consumers, it was quite evident that the parent company of the Czech company will foray into the segment with something of its own. Since Volkswagen will be stepping into one of the most competitive segments in India, the German brand has played it safe by using a tried-and-tested recipe.
The new Volkswagen Taigun has a similar recipe to the Skoda Kushaq. A roomy five-seater layout in an SUV silhouette, solid build quality, essential features, a choice of two petrol engines and transmissions to go with the engine, and a few more. When you dig a little deeper, you can see that the recipe is not similar but identical with different garnish on the top.
The new Volkswagen Taigun will be available in two choices of petrol engines, a 113hp 1.0-litre TSI petrol engine and a more powerful 1.5-litre TSI petrol engine with 148hp.
Both the engines can be had with a 6-speed manual or automatic gearbox. However, the automatic gearbox in the 1.0-litre variant is a 6-speed torque converter unit, whereas the one in the 1.5-litre variant is a 7-speed DCT gearbox.
Like the Skoda Kushaq, Volkswagen Taigun is also front-wheel drive and Volkswagen does not have any plans to introduce an all-wheel-drive variant anytime soon in India.
Design-wise, Volkswagen has gone ahead with its bold stance. The design doesn't offend anyone; at the same time, it doesn't crave a second glance. This type of design language generally ages like a fine wine and can look good even after few years down the line.
The 1.5-litre GT variant further differentiates itself with more premium goodies like the full LED headlamps, chrome door handles, blacked-out B-pillar and larger 17-inch alloy wheels with a dual-tone finish.
Volkswagen has also taken a similar path to the Skoda Kushaq by giving the customers solid European build quality. In terms of features, the Taigun comes equipped with a large 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment unit with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, electric sunroof, wireless charger, cooled glove box, second-row AC vents, and ambient lighting.
However, the centre stage is taken by the 10-inch 'virtual cockpit'.
On the Safety front, Volkswagen Taigun comes with all the necessary features to keep you safe with inclusions like ISOFIX points, Electronic Stability Control (ESC), hill hold assist function, six airbags, and a few more.
Thoughts About Volkswagen Taigun Pre-Bookings Open Ahead Of India Launch Next Month
While the hottest segment in India had been dominated by the Koreans, the segment has always been craving for a German member. Now, there are two of them (Skoda is owned by Volkswagen). That being said, the Volkswagen Taigun offers everything and more a consumer can ask for.
However, to be successful in India, Volkswagen Taigun has to trump the Skoda Kushaq at its own game; Value-for-Money, and if you know Skoda, you know how tough Skoda is in this department.