- 2 hrs ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- 16 hrs ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 19 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 23 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- Lifestyle Hina Khan’s Fashion Wardrobe For Maldives Vacation Is So On Point And Awesome
- News Gujarat: Mild tremor in Kutch, no casualty
- Sports IPL 2021: Gill, Rana are about to shock the world, says KKR chief mentor Hussey
- Technology Week 38, 2021 Launch Roundup: Apple iPhone 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max, iPhone 13, 13 Mini, Realme C25Y, And More
- Finance How To Buy Silver In India? Different Investing Options In Silver
- Movies Mohit Raina Spills The Beans About His Role In Shiddat; 'Hoping People Will Love It'
- Education REET Admit Card 2021 Released, Download At reetbser21.com
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
Earlier this month, Volkswagen revealed the interiors of the Taigun SUV in the Indian market. The interiors of the upcoming SUV have been brought to the light by the brand via rendered images. The Taigun comes packed with a host of features inside and out.
However, according to the latest reports by Maha News, a left-hand-drive (LHD)Volkswagen Taigun was spotted at a Police check post near the Mumbai-Satara stretch. This means that the models which will be exported to other markets from our market are also being tested here. However, there is no difference between the models sold here and in the international market except for the steering wheel on the opposite side.
The all-black interiors of the Taigun SUV look inviting and sporty. Starting with the long list of interior features is a centrally-mounted 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system. It supports wireless smartphone connectivity such as Apple CarPlay, Android Auto & the brand's latest form of connected technology.
Other features that make the highlight of the upcoming Taigun SUV include a fully digital instrument cluster, climate control, ventilated front seats, a wireless charging pad and an electric sunroof, keyless entry, rear ac vents, cruise control and more.
Moving to the exterior features of the Taigun SUV, it features the brand's LED Matrix headlamp technology with integrated LED DRLs, fog lamps, LED taillamps, and a large light bar that runs across the length of the boot lid.
The Volkswagen Taigun will be offered in two engine options: the 1.0-litre and the 1.5-litre turbo-petrol TSI units. The 1.0-litre engine is offered with either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed torque converter automatic. While the bigger 1.5-litre engine will come mated to either a 6-speed manual or a 7-speed DSG gearbox.
The 1.0-litre unit will produce a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm. On the other hand, the 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine dishes out a maximum of 148bhp at 5000rpm, and a peak torque of 250Nm at 1500rpm. The GT engine option will be limited to the top-spec 1.5-litre TSI unit.
In terms of safety, the SUV will come equipped with 6-airbags, ABS, 3 headrests at rear, 3-point seat belts, ISOFIX child seat anchorage, rear parking camera and electronic stability control.
Thoughts About The Volkswagen Taigun
Volkswagen Taigun is packed with a host of features and caters to the ongoing trend of connected technology, sunroof and large infotainment systems. The upcoming Taigun SUV will be a heavily localized product from the brand that is expected to arrive sometime during the festive season this year.