- 15 hrs ago Chevrolet Monsoon Camp Second-Phase To Begin Next Week In India: Here Are All The Details
- 16 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Now On Sale In Nepal — Prices Start At NPR 35.99 Lakh
- 16 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Bookings Reopen: High Demand For The Electric Scooter Continues In These Cities
- 17 hrs ago Ducati Opens New Showroom In Pune: Multistrada V4 Showcased For The First Time In India
- Education MBOSE HSSLC Result 2021: Meghalaya Board 12th Result Link And Download Marksheet
- News Explained: The All India Quota reservation for OBC and EWS
- Movies Sonam Kapoor Pens A Sweet Birthday Wish For Husband Anand Ahuja; Calls Him 'Light Of My Life'
- Sports Will Rahul Dravid coach India once Ravi Shastri's contract ends? Batting great answers!
- Technology Realme 8s Renders Leak Revealing Possible Design
- Finance 2 Stocks To Buy With Upside Potential of 17%, Says ICICI Direct
- Lifestyle Fatima Sana Shaikh Slays It In Two Stunning Outfits: Which Look Do You Like More?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
Volkswagen is all set to unveil the production-spec model of the Taigun SUV in the Indian market. The company will take the wraps of the Taigun SUV on March 24, 2021. Ahead of its launch, the company has released multiple teasers of the upcoming SUV's arrival in the Indian market.
The German automaker is expected to launch the Taigun soon after its unveiling. The upcoming Volkswagen Taigun was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo. The company has confirmed that the Taigun will arrive at the Indian market as a two-wheel drive version only.
The Taigun will be built on an all-new MQB A0 IN platform that is specifically tailor-made to suit buyers in the Indian market. It will be a modified version of the brand's famous MQB platform developed jointly by Skoda & Volkswagen.
The exteriors of the Taigun features LED projector headlamps with integrated DRLs, a rear LED tail-lamp with a light bar across the boot-lid, faux scuff plates at either end and a chrome-finished grille.
On the inside, the Taigun will feature matching exterior-colour trims placed across the cabin. It will also feature a fully-digital instrument console, a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls, a large touchscreen infotainment system, and fast-charging USB slots; among others.
The company has also confirmed that the Taigun will be powered by a pair of TSI turbo-petrol engines. The 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine will produce a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm. On the other hand, the 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine produces a maximum of 148bhp at 5000rpm, and a peak torque of 240Nm at 1500rpm.
Volkswagen has also confirmed that it will be offering a DSG automatic transmission as an option. However, if the Taigun get introduced with the larger 1.5-litre engine, it could be offered with a DSG as standard.
Once launched the Volkswagen Taigun will rival the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, and Nissan Kicks; among others. However, Taigun's primary competitor will be the recently unveiled Skoda Kushaq, which will feature the same platform and powertrain options.
Thoughts About The Volkswagen Taigun India Unveil On March 24
The Volkswagen Taigun will be the brand's entry-level SUV offering in the Indian market. The company is expected to price the Taigun aggressively because of localization. This will help the SUV compete against established segment rivals in the Indian market.