- 2 hrs ago Volkswagen Polo TSI Comfortline Variants Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.41 Lakh
- 2 hrs ago Upcoming Yamaha FZ-X Specs Leaked: Here Is Everything You Need To Know About The Motorcycle!
- 2 hrs ago Hyundai Aura Updated In India: New Prices & Features
- 4 hrs ago Hero HF 100 Launched In India At Rs 49,400: The Most Affordable Bike From The Brand
- Lifestyle Jennifer Winget Raises The Oomph Factor In A Grey Dress But Her Chunky Golden Neck Piece Steals The Spotlight
- Finance Ashoka Buildcon Surges On Winning Gujarat Rail Infrastructure Project
- Movies Anushka Sharma Shares Some Priceless Moments From Last Year With Virat Kohli, See Video
- News Karnataka to decide on future course of action to control Covid situation, curfew to continue
- Sports IPL 2021: How golf swing helped Chris Morris in his big-hitting prowess
- Technology Moto G60, Moto G40 Fusion To Be Flipkart-Exclusives; India Launch Officially Confirmed
- Education Bihar Police Result 2021: CSBC Releases Home Guards And Driver Constable Result
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Goa In April
Volkswagen is all set to unveil the production-spec model of the Taigun SUV in the Indian market. The company will take the wraps of the Taigun SUV on March 24, 2021. Ahead of its launch, the company has released multiple teasers of the upcoming SUV's arrival in the Indian market.
The German automaker is expected to launch the Taigun soon after its unveiling. The upcoming Volkswagen Taigun was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo. The company has confirmed that the Taigun will arrive at the Indian market as a two-wheel drive version only.
The Taigun will be built on an all-new MQB A0 IN platform that is specifically tailor-made to suit buyers in the Indian market. It will be a modified version of the brand's famous MQB platform developed jointly by Skoda & Volkswagen.
The exteriors of the Taigun features LED projector headlamps with integrated DRLs, a rear LED tail-lamp with a light bar across the boot-lid, faux scuff plates at either end and a chrome-finished grille.
On the inside, the Taigun will feature matching exterior-colour trims placed across the cabin. It will also feature a fully-digital instrument console, a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls, a large touchscreen infotainment system, and fast-charging USB slots; among others.
The company has also confirmed that the Taigun will be powered by a pair of TSI turbo-petrol engines. The 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine will produce a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm. On the other hand, the 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine produces a maximum of 148bhp at 5000rpm, and a peak torque of 240Nm at 1500rpm.
Volkswagen has also confirmed that it will be offering a DSG automatic transmission as an option. However, if the Taigun get introduced with the larger 1.5-litre engine, it could be offered with a DSG as standard.
Once launched the Volkswagen Taigun will rival the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, and Nissan Kicks; among others. However, Taigun's primary competitor will be the recently unveiled Skoda Kushaq, which will feature the same platform and powertrain options.
Thoughts About The Volkswagen Taigun India Unveil On March 24
The Volkswagen Taigun will be the brand's entry-level SUV offering in the Indian market. The company is expected to price the Taigun aggressively because of localization. This will help the SUV compete against established segment rivals in the Indian market.