- 12 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 12 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 13 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 14 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- Finance Mall Revenue Recovery To Be 80-85% Of pre-pandemic Level This Fiscal
- Technology Free Fire Redeem Codes For Today April 15: Get 2X Weapon Royale Vouchers
- News Coronavirus: India reports highest ever daily cases, breaches 2 lakh mark
- Movies Rahul Roy And His Family Test Positive For COVID-19; Actor Says They Hadn't Even Stepped Out Of Home
- Sports Borussia Dortmund 1-2 Manchester City 2-4 agg: Foden finally ends Guardiola's last-four wait
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
- Lifestyle Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
The Volkswagen Taigun was recently unveiled by the brand in the Indian market. The company said the upcoming Taigun SUV will be available in the top-spec GT variant with several changes over the standard variant.
Ahead of its launch, the Volkswagen Taigun has been spotted testing in the country. The spy images from TeamBHP showcases a test mule in a white paint scheme without concealing its looks via camouflage.
However, based on what we know so far, the Taigun GT will feature a couple of cosmetic changes over the standard variant of the SUV. This includes red-contrast stitching with a blacked-out cabin theme, red brake callipers and a host of GT badges around the vehicle.
Apart from a few cosmetic changes, the GT-spec SUV will remain largely similar to the other variants of the Taigun SUV. It will be built on the modified MQB A0 IN platform, which is tailor-made to suit the Indian market.
The Taigun SUV features clean lines and a butch stance to give it an appealing look. It features a sleek-looking front grille with two chrome bars running across. Other exteriors features include LED projector headlamps with integrated DRLs, fog lamps, LED taillamps, and a large light bar that runs across the length of the boot lid.
To enhance the SUV looks of the Taigun, it also features front and rear scuff plates, all-around body cladding, chrome-finished window line, 17-inch alloy wheels, a blacked-out roof, silver-finished roof rails, and a roof-mounted spoiler; among others.
On the inside, the Taigun features a 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a fully digital instrument cluster, climate control, ventilated front seats, a wireless charging pad and an electric sunroof. The SUV will also feature wireless smartphone connectivity, keyless entry, rear ac vents, cruise control and more.
In terms of safety, the SUV will come equipped with 6-airbags, ABS, 3 headrests at rear, 3-point seat belts, ISOFIX child seat anchorage, rear parking camera and electronic stability control.
The Volkswagen Taigun will be offered in two engine options: the 1.0-litre and the 1.5-litre turbo-petrol TSI units. The 1.0-litre engine is offered with either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed torque converter automatic. While the bigger 1.5-litre engine will come mated to either a 6-speed manual or a 7-speed DSG gearbox.
The 1.0-litre unit will produce a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm. On the other hand, the 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine dishes out a maximum of 148bhp at 5000rpm, and a peak torque of 250Nm at 1500rpm. The GT engine option will be limited to the top-spec 1.5-litre TSI unit.
Thoughts About The Volkswagen Taigun GT Spied Testing Ahead Of India Launch
The Volkswagen Volkswagen Taigun will be the brand's entry-level SUV offering in the country. The company will be offering two engine options as opposed to its elder sibling the T-Roc. With 95 per cent localisation, the Taigun is expected to be priced aggressively by the brand. The Volkswagen Taigun is expected to go on sale in the market during Diwali this year.