- 17 hrs ago EV Charging Outlets At HP Petrol Stations — CESL Announces Partnership With HPCL
- 17 hrs ago Kia India Tops Dealership Satisfaction Survey — See How Other Brands In India Performed
- 19 hrs ago Aprilia Tuareg 660 Revealed — India-Bound Aprilia Tuareg 660 ADV-Tourer Teased
- 21 hrs ago 2021 KTM RC 390 Official Images Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Adjustable Suspension, TFT Display & More
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: India vs Belgium Men's Hockey Semifinal: Hendrickx hat-trick destroys Men in Blue 5-2
- News Lack of monitoring those in home isolation may have triggered COVID-19 cases in Kerala
- Movies Shibani Dandekar Opens Up On Marriage Plans With Farhan Akhtar; Says 'The Topic Hasn't Come Up Yet'
- Lifestyle Ways To Cultivate Gratitude In Time Of COVID-19 Pandemic
- Finance Buy These 3 Stocks, India’s Top Broking House Sharekhan Says
- Technology Flipkart Independence Day Big Saving Days Sale: Offers On Smartphones, Electronics, Gadgets And More
- Education Tokyo Olympics: Meet Rani Rampal, Who Led Indian Hockey Team To Semis, Some Unknown Facts About Her
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Manipur In August
The Volkswagen Taigun was recently unveiled by the brand in the Indian market. The company said the upcoming Taigun SUV will be available in the top-spec GT variant with several changes over the standard variant.
Ahead of its launch, the Volkswagen Taigun has been spotted testing in the country. The spy images from TeamBHP showcases a test mule in a white paint scheme without concealing its looks via camouflage.
However, based on what we know so far, the Taigun GT will feature a couple of cosmetic changes over the standard variant of the SUV. This includes red-contrast stitching with a blacked-out cabin theme, red brake callipers and a host of GT badges around the vehicle.
Apart from a few cosmetic changes, the GT-spec SUV will remain largely similar to the other variants of the Taigun SUV. It will be built on the modified MQB A0 IN platform, which is tailor-made to suit the Indian market.
The Taigun SUV features clean lines and a butch stance to give it an appealing look. It features a sleek-looking front grille with two chrome bars running across. Other exteriors features include LED projector headlamps with integrated DRLs, fog lamps, LED taillamps, and a large light bar that runs across the length of the boot lid.
To enhance the SUV looks of the Taigun, it also features front and rear scuff plates, all-around body cladding, chrome-finished window line, 17-inch alloy wheels, a blacked-out roof, silver-finished roof rails, and a roof-mounted spoiler; among others.
On the inside, the Taigun features a 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a fully digital instrument cluster, climate control, ventilated front seats, a wireless charging pad and an electric sunroof. The SUV will also feature wireless smartphone connectivity, keyless entry, rear ac vents, cruise control and more.
In terms of safety, the SUV will come equipped with 6-airbags, ABS, 3 headrests at rear, 3-point seat belts, ISOFIX child seat anchorage, rear parking camera and electronic stability control.
The Volkswagen Taigun will be offered in two engine options: the 1.0-litre and the 1.5-litre turbo-petrol TSI units. The 1.0-litre engine is offered with either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed torque converter automatic. While the bigger 1.5-litre engine will come mated to either a 6-speed manual or a 7-speed DSG gearbox.
The 1.0-litre unit will produce a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm. On the other hand, the 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine dishes out a maximum of 148bhp at 5000rpm, and a peak torque of 250Nm at 1500rpm. The GT engine option will be limited to the top-spec 1.5-litre TSI unit.
Thoughts About The Volkswagen Taigun GT Spied Testing Ahead Of India Launch
The Volkswagen Volkswagen Taigun will be the brand's entry-level SUV offering in the country. The company will be offering two engine options as opposed to its elder sibling the T-Roc. With 95 per cent localisation, the Taigun is expected to be priced aggressively by the brand. The Volkswagen Taigun is expected to go on sale in the market during Diwali this year.