- 1 day ago Car Sales Report For July 2021: Toyota Registers Over 13,000 Units In Domestic Sales
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Himalayan 411 On-Road Biased Model Design Leaked: Could It Be The Scram?
- 1 day ago Mahindra XUV700 Design Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Features Large Taillamps & Other Details
- 1 day ago Yulu Dex Launched For Last-Mile Delivery: 10,000 Units To Be Deployed In Bangalore, Pune & Delhi
- Technology List Of Smartphones Expected To Launch In August 2021
- Movies D44: Dhanush To Romance Two Leading Ladies In The Mithran Jawahar Project
- Sports BCCI to have new CEO, Hemang Amin can apply too
- News What is e-RUPI, a one-stop digital solution? How does it work?
- Finance Stocks To Buy: 3 Banking Stocks With An Upside Target Of Up to 30%
- Lifestyle On Taapsee Pannu’s Birthday, Her Behind-The-Scenes Candid Fashion Moments From The Sets Of Her Movies
- Education UP Board Result 2021: UP Board Class 10th 12th Result 2021 Declared, Check UPMSP 10th 12th Result 2021 Here
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tripura In August
Volkswagen is gearing up to launch the Made-in-India Taigun SUV in the country. The company has already unveiled the upcoming compact-SUV offering ahead of its launch. Now a recent report has brought to light that the upcoming Taigun SUV could be offered with (ADAS) Advance Driver Assisted Technology when launched in India.
According to the Taigun interior images shared by the brand during the unveil, the steering mounted control and the fully digital instrument cluster has an icon indicating a lane. This icon could mean that the SUV could feature a lane-keep assist or adaptive cruise control.
The upcoming Taigun SUV is largely similar to the T-Cross SUV sold by Volkswagen in international markets. Adding to the speculations, the T-Cross SUV does come with Adaptive cruise control and many other driver-assisted features.
As a result, the Made-in-India Taigun could also come equipped with similar active safety features. Other safety features include 6-airbags, ABS, 3 headrests at rear, 3-point seat belts, ISOFIX child seat anchorage, rear parking camera and electronic stability control.
The Taigun will be using the modified MQB A0 IN platform. It is also the first model to come from VW's staple under the Indian 2.0 strategy. Taigun will be up to 95% localized and has been developed by inputs from the Indian engineers to suit the country's buyers.
The Taigun SUV will feature the brand's LED Matrix headlamp technology with integrated LED DRLs, fog lamps, LED taillamps, and a large light bar that runs across the length of the boot lid.
Other exterior features of the Taigun SUV includes the front and rear scuff plates, all-around body cladding, chrome-finished window line, 17-inch alloy wheels, a blacked-out roof, silver-finished roof rails, and a roof-mounted spoiler; among others.
The company will be offering a GT variant of the SUV alongside the standard variant. The GT variant will feature a host of cosmetic upgrades over the standard model including red-brake callipers, contrast stitching on the inside and more.
Moving inside, the Taigun will feature a centrally-mounted 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system. It supports wireless smartphone connectivity such as Apple CarPlay, Android Auto & the brand's latest form of connected technology.
Other features that make the highlight of the upcoming Taigun SUV include a fully digital instrument cluster, climate control, ventilated front seats, a wireless charging pad and an electric sunroof, keyless entry, rear ac vents, cruise control and more.
The Volkswagen Taigun will be offered in two engine options: the 1.0-litre and the 1.5-litre turbo-petrol TSI units. The 1.0-litre engine is offered with either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed torque converter automatic. While the bigger 1.5-litre engine will come mated to either a 6-speed manual or a 7-speed DSG gearbox.
Thoughts About The Volkswagen Taigun Could Feature ADAS In India
If at all the upcoming Volkswagen Taigun is offered with the ADAS in India, it would be a segment-first feature in the country. Once launched, the Volkswagen Taigun will rival the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos and the Renault Duster; among other mid-size SUVs sold in the country.