- 24 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- 1 day ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- Movies Check Day 3 Box Office Collection: Nithiin’s Prison Drama Experiences Slow Growth
- Sports NZC shift matches against Australian men, England women to Wellington
- News Sensex surges over 500 pts in early trade; Nifty tops 14,680
- Technology Oppo F19 Pro, F19 Pro+ 5G With Punch-Hole Display Listed On Amazon India
- Finance Gross Value Added To Grow By 1.5% To 2% In Q4
- Education IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis 2021, Check Difficulty Level
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Volkswagen has launched new special editions of the Polo and the Vento models in the Indian market. Called the Turbo Edition, the new special edition variants feature a host of cosmetic changes over the standard variants on both models.
The company has priced the Polo and the Vento Turbo Edition at Rs 6.99 lakh and Rs 8.69 lakh, respectively. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India). The Turbo-Edition is based on the Comfortline base trim.
Changes on the new special edition variant are limited to a host of cosmetic upgrades over the standard variant. Adding a sport appeal to the exteriors & interiors, the turbo edition features a glossy black spoiler, ORVM caps, fender badge and sporty seat covers. Further, enhancing the cabin comfort, both the carlines offers the climatronic air-conditioning feature as well.
The Turbo edition is available in all colours as offered on the Polo and Vento. However, the Turbo Edition variants are offered with manual gearbox option only. Speaking of which, The brand's entry-level offering the Volkswagen Polo is offered with two engine and transmission options.
The 1.0-litre MPI engine producing 76bhp and 95Nm of torque, and comes mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard. The top-spec 1.0-litre TSI engine produces 110bhp and 175Nm of torque and can be had either with six-speed manual or a new six-speed torque converter unit.
On the other hand, the Vento is offered with 1.0-litre TSI engine across all variants with an optional six-speed torque converter offered on the top-spec trims of the sedan. Apart from the above-mentioned changes, the rest of the cars remain the same as standard trims.
Commenting on the announcement, Mr Ashish Gupta, Brand Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India said, "Accessibility is at the core of Volkswagen and it's our constant endeavour to offer customers the ability to experience safe and meticulously German-engineered products coupled with a fun-to-drive experience. With the Turbo edition, we aim to offer continuous & striking enhancements on our popular product offerings - Polo & Vento that appeal to the discerning Indian customers."
Some of the highlighted features on the Polo and the Vento includes a touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, and voice commands, cruise control, rain-sensing wipers, climate control, multifunction flat-bottom steering wheel, dual-tone interiors, ABS, multiple airbags, day and night internal rearview mirror, and a host of other features.
Thoughts About Volkswagen Polo & Vento Turbo Editions Launched In India
Volkswagen has launched a special edition yet again of the Polo and the Vento models. The newest Turbo Editions features a host of changes over the standard variants. All changes add to the sportiness of the Polo and the Vento.