- 39 min ago 2021 Volkswagen T-Roc Bookings & Deliveries Details Announced
- 1 hr ago Bike Sales Report For FY 2020-21 In India: Royal Enfield Records Over 5,73,438 Units Sales
- 4 hrs ago Premium Hatchback Sales In April 2021: Tata Altroz Outsells Hyundai i20
- 4 hrs ago Renault Offers & Discounts In May 2021: Benefits On Renault Kiger, Kwid, Duster & Triber
- Sports Laxmi Ratan Shukla donates IPL commentary fee to WB CM's Relief Fund
- News AAP government to set up 48 oxygen plants in Delhi: CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Education Osmania University Results 2021 Declared For UG And PG Courses
- Movies Vaani Kapoor: I Can't Walk Up To Shah Rukh Khan And Start A Conversation On My Own; I Don't Get Star-Struck
- Finance Covid 19 Death In Family: 4 Probable Insurance Covers You Can Claim Against
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Goa In May
- Lifestyle Mother’s Day 2021: Health Tips For New Moms With Diabetes
- Technology Oppo K9 5G With 90Hz Display, 65W Fast Charging Goes Official; Price, Features
Volkswagen has launched new special editions of the Polo and the Vento models in the Indian market. Called the Turbo Edition, the new special edition variants feature a host of cosmetic changes over the standard variants on both models.
The company has priced the Polo and the Vento Turbo Edition at Rs 6.99 lakh and Rs 8.69 lakh, respectively. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India). The Turbo-Edition is based on the Comfortline base trim.
Changes on the new special edition variant are limited to a host of cosmetic upgrades over the standard variant. Adding a sport appeal to the exteriors & interiors, the turbo edition features a glossy black spoiler, ORVM caps, fender badge and sporty seat covers. Further, enhancing the cabin comfort, both the carlines offers the climatronic air-conditioning feature as well.
The Turbo edition is available in all colours as offered on the Polo and Vento. However, the Turbo Edition variants are offered with manual gearbox option only. Speaking of which, The brand's entry-level offering the Volkswagen Polo is offered with two engine and transmission options.
The 1.0-litre MPI engine producing 76bhp and 95Nm of torque, and comes mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard. The top-spec 1.0-litre TSI engine produces 110bhp and 175Nm of torque and can be had either with six-speed manual or a new six-speed torque converter unit.
On the other hand, the Vento is offered with 1.0-litre TSI engine across all variants with an optional six-speed torque converter offered on the top-spec trims of the sedan. Apart from the above-mentioned changes, the rest of the cars remain the same as standard trims.
Commenting on the announcement, Mr Ashish Gupta, Brand Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India said, "Accessibility is at the core of Volkswagen and it's our constant endeavour to offer customers the ability to experience safe and meticulously German-engineered products coupled with a fun-to-drive experience. With the Turbo edition, we aim to offer continuous & striking enhancements on our popular product offerings - Polo & Vento that appeal to the discerning Indian customers."
Some of the highlighted features on the Polo and the Vento includes a touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, and voice commands, cruise control, rain-sensing wipers, climate control, multifunction flat-bottom steering wheel, dual-tone interiors, ABS, multiple airbags, day and night internal rearview mirror, and a host of other features.
Thoughts About Volkswagen Polo & Vento Turbo Editions Launched In India
Volkswagen has launched a special edition yet again of the Polo and the Vento models. The newest Turbo Editions features a host of changes over the standard variants. All changes add to the sportiness of the Polo and the Vento.