- 1 hr ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- 15 hrs ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 18 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 22 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- Lifestyle Ananya Panday Is Here To Set The Gram On Fire Yet Again With Her Brown Bralette
- Technology Week 38, 2021 Launch Roundup: Apple iPhone 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max, iPhone 13, 13 Mini, Realme C25Y, And More
- Sports IPL 2021: Lasith Malinga recalls time with four-time champions Mumbai Indians
- News Rahul Gandhi takes dig at govt over record COVID-19 vaccinations
- Finance How To Buy Silver In India? Different Investing Options In Silver
- Movies Mohit Raina Spills The Beans About His Role In Shiddat; 'Hoping People Will Love It'
- Education REET Admit Card 2021 Released, Download At reetbser21.com
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
Volkswagen has silently launched the Comfortline variants for the Polo TSI hatchback in the Indian market. The Polo TSI Comfrotline is available in two trims with a starting price tag of Rs 7.41 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
The top-spec Metallic colour trim of the Polo Comofortline TSI retails at Rs 7.51 lakh (ex-showroom, India). Earlier, the Comofortline variant of the hatchback was only offered with the lower-spec MPI engine.
However, due to the growing demand for turbo-petrol engines, the company could have decided to introduce more variants of the TSI engine. The Comfortline is now the base-spec varaint for buyers looking to purchase the Polo TSI hatchback.
The 1.0-litre TSI engine powering the Polo produces a maximum of 110bhp and 175Nm of peak torque. The engine comes mated to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque converter unit. The automatic transmission option on the TSI engine is limited to top-spec Highline variants of the Polo hatchback.
The Volkswagen Polo is offered with two engine and transmission options. The 1.0-litre MPI engine producing 76bhp and 95Nm of torque, and comes mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard.
All the features and equipment from the Comfortline MPI power variant have remained the same in the TSI powered Comfortline trim of the Polo Hatchback. This includes halogen headlamps, LED taillamps, 15-inch alloy wheels and ORVM with integrated turn-signal indicators; among others.
On the inside, the Comfortline variant does not get a touchscreen infotainment system. Instead, it receives a two din unit with Bluetooth connectivity. Other interiors features include a flat-bottom steering wheel, a cooled glovebox, a standard AC with dust and pollen filter, a semi-digital instrument cluster and more.
The safety net on the Polo TSI Comfortline will include dual front airbags, ABS, front and rear head restraints, 3-point inertia seat belts and more. The Polo hatchback is offered in seven different metallic and non-metallic colours options.
The Volkswagen Polo rivals the Tata Altroz, Honda Jazz, Maruti Suzuki Baleno and the Hyundai i20. However, the Altroz and the i20 are the only models that are offered with both petrol and diesel powertrain options.
Thoughts About The Volkswagen Polo TSI Comfortline Variants Launched In India
The Volkswagen Polo TSI receives two new variants and is over a lakh cheaper than the top-spec Highline variant. The increasing popularity of turbo-petrol engines in India could have influenced the auto market to launch the TSI Comfortline variants.