- 15 hrs ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- 18 hrs ago Tata Punch Reaches Dealerships Before Its Official Launch; Tata Bets Big On Punch
- 23 hrs ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launch Tomorrow; Powered By Yamaha’s Liquid-Cooled Engine From R15
- 1 day ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- Movies Evaru Meelo Koteeswarulu: Jr NTR-Mahesh Babu’s Episode To Premiere On THIS Occasion!
- Technology Nokia Tablet To Be Launched On October 6: What To Expect?
- News Onam bumper lottery: Kerala auto driver hits jackpot, wins Rs 12 crore
- Education International Day of Peace 2021: Know Why World Peace Day Is Celebrated
- Sports Petchdam plans to stop Taiki Naito, eyes ONE Flyweight Muay Thai champ Rodtang
- Finance Paras Defence IPO: Should You Subscribe?
- Lifestyle Expert Article: Nutritional Care And Challenges In Feeding A Patient With Alzheimer’s
- Travel Pitru Paksha 2021: Important Places For Pind Daan In India
Volkswagen has launched the Polo TSI Comfortline automatic variant in the Indian market. The Polo TSI Comfortline automatic variant features a price tag of Rs 8.51 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
The company had earlier launched the TSI Comfortline in manual variants. However, the automatic gearbox options paired with the turbo-petrol engine has now been added to the Comfortline variant.
Earlier, the Comofortline variant of the hatchback was only offered with the lower-spec MPI engine. However, due to the growing demand for turbo-petrol engines, the company has decided to expand the TSI variants on the Polo hatchback.
The Polo Comofortline TSI AT variant is also offered with an auto-climatronic air-conditioning and a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system from Blaupunkt. These features are specific to this Comofortline TSI AT variant of the hatchback.
Speaking of the TSI engine, the 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine powering the Polo produces a maximum of 110bhp and 175Nm of peak torque. The engine comes mated to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque converter unit.
The Comfortline of the Polo hatchback will continue to be offered in the brand's MPI engine option as well. The 1.0-litre MPI engine produces a maximum of 76bhp and a peak torque of 95Nm; mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard.
All the features and equipment from the Comfortline MPI power variant have remained the same in the TSI powered Comfortline trim of the Polo Hatchback. This includes halogen headlamps, LED taillamps, 15-inch alloy wheels and ORVM with integrated turn-signal indicators; among others.
On the inside, as mentioned before, it received climate control and touchscreen infotainment. Other interiors features include a flat-bottom steering wheel, a cooled glovebox, a standard AC with dust and pollen filter, a semi-digital instrument cluster and more.
The safety net on the Polo TSI Comfortline will include dual front airbags, ABS, front and rear head restraints, 3-point inertia seat belts and more. The Polo hatchback is offered in seven different metallic and non-metallic colours options.
Mr Ashish Gupta, Brand Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India said, "We are extremely excited to announce the introduction of a new trim-line in the Polo family, Comfortline TSI AT for our discerning customers in India. Polo continues to be a strong contender in the segment, and through this announcement, we endeavour to continuously engage with customers, by offering striking enhancements on our flagship model and provide safe and meticulously German-engineered products coupled with a fun-to-drive experience."
Thoughts About The Volkswagen Polo TSI Comfortline Automatic Launched In India
Due to the increasing demand for turbo-petrol engines and automatic transmissions, Volkswagen has decided to expand the variants of the Polo hatchback. The Volkswagen Polo rivals the Tata Altroz, Honda Jazz, Maruti Suzuki Baleno and the Hyundai i20.