- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Creta SX Executive Variant: Details Leaked Ahead Of India Launch
- 1 day ago New Lexus NX SUV Revealed Globally: India Launch Likely
- 1 day ago New Driving Licence Rules: Here’s How To Apply Learner Licence Online
- 1 day ago Audi e-Tron Arrives At Showrooms; India Launch On The Cards!
- News Mizoram man, head of world's largest family with 39 wives, 94 kids, dies at 76
- Sports Big challenge coming up: Tom Latham on WTC final against India
- Education AP TET Syllabus 2021 Released, Notification Expected Soon
- Finance 8 Stocks To Be In News Or Buy On Monday, June 14, 2021
- Movies Hrithik Roshan Extends His Support To A Foundation And Donates Masks To Frontline Warriors
- Technology Week 24, 2021 Launch Roundup: iQOO Z3 5G, OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Nokia C20 Plus, Realme C25s And More
- Lifestyle Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi’s Pyjama Set Is A Vibrant Outfit For Dull Mornings; Find Its Price Inside!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In June
Volkswagen has launched the Polo TSI Comfortline automatic variant in the Indian market. The Polo TSI Comfortline automatic variant features a price tag of Rs 8.51 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
The company had earlier launched the TSI Comfortline in manual variants. However, the automatic gearbox options paired with the turbo-petrol engine has now been added to the Comfortline variant.
Earlier, the Comofortline variant of the hatchback was only offered with the lower-spec MPI engine. However, due to the growing demand for turbo-petrol engines, the company has decided to expand the TSI variants on the Polo hatchback.
The Polo Comofortline TSI AT variant is also offered with an auto-climatronic air-conditioning and a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system from Blaupunkt. These features are specific to this Comofortline TSI AT variant of the hatchback.
Speaking of the TSI engine, the 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine powering the Polo produces a maximum of 110bhp and 175Nm of peak torque. The engine comes mated to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque converter unit.
The Comfortline of the Polo hatchback will continue to be offered in the brand's MPI engine option as well. The 1.0-litre MPI engine produces a maximum of 76bhp and a peak torque of 95Nm; mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard.
All the features and equipment from the Comfortline MPI power variant have remained the same in the TSI powered Comfortline trim of the Polo Hatchback. This includes halogen headlamps, LED taillamps, 15-inch alloy wheels and ORVM with integrated turn-signal indicators; among others.
On the inside, as mentioned before, it received climate control and touchscreen infotainment. Other interiors features include a flat-bottom steering wheel, a cooled glovebox, a standard AC with dust and pollen filter, a semi-digital instrument cluster and more.
The safety net on the Polo TSI Comfortline will include dual front airbags, ABS, front and rear head restraints, 3-point inertia seat belts and more. The Polo hatchback is offered in seven different metallic and non-metallic colours options.
Mr Ashish Gupta, Brand Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India said, "We are extremely excited to announce the introduction of a new trim-line in the Polo family, Comfortline TSI AT for our discerning customers in India. Polo continues to be a strong contender in the segment, and through this announcement, we endeavour to continuously engage with customers, by offering striking enhancements on our flagship model and provide safe and meticulously German-engineered products coupled with a fun-to-drive experience."
Thoughts About The Volkswagen Polo TSI Comfortline Automatic Launched In India
Due to the increasing demand for turbo-petrol engines and automatic transmissions, Volkswagen has decided to expand the variants of the Polo hatchback. The Volkswagen Polo rivals the Tata Altroz, Honda Jazz, Maruti Suzuki Baleno and the Hyundai i20.