- 3 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Exports Commences To Nepal, Indonesia & South Africa: Details
- 6 hrs ago 2021 Jaguar F-Pace SVR Bookings Open In India: High-Performance SUV Coming Soon
- 18 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India (May 2021): Hero Splendor & Hero HF Deluxe Take Top Two Spots
- 21 hrs ago Fast & Furious Toyota Supra Auctioned For Rs 4.07 Crore; Becomes Most-Expensive Supra
- News PM Modi to interact with participants on Toycathon 2021
- Education IIT Kharagpur Offering Free Online Course On Internet Of Things
- Movies Shah Rukh Khan And Akshay Kumar's Throwback Picture From Dil To Pagal Hai Sets Will Make You Nostalgic!
- Technology Reliance Jio, Airtel Introduce Strategies To Increase APRU: Check Details Here
- Finance Auto Component Suppliers To See 70% Dip In Operating Profits In Q1 Due To COVID Restrictions: Icra
- Lifestyle Nushrat Bharucha And Sunny Leone’s Crop Top And Pants Combo Make For The Best Outfits For Job Interviews
- Sports UEFA has no plans to move Euro 2020 semi-finals and final from Wembley
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
Volkswagen India announced an extension on the period of paid and free service, warranty and maintenance packages offered in the country. The company has decided to increase the period due to the ongoing Coronavirus lockdown in the country.
Customers who have missed to avail free service during the lockdown between April 1, 2021, to May 31, 2021, will be extended to June 30, 2021. The same has been extended to the standard warranty and retail (RSA) Road-Side Assistance service of the vehicles as well.
Similarly, the company has also announced an extension on Extended Warranty, paid Service Value Packages and RSA service offered by the company. Any of the packages getting expired between April 1, 2021, to May 31, 2021, are now extended to June 30, 2021.
The company has also announced that the extended warranty purchase period over the standard warranty has also be extended. According to the company, "Customer whose car's two-year warranty is getting completed in April and May 2021, can purchase the extended warranty till 30th June 2021."
A majority of the states and cities have announced a lockdown in wake of the second wave of Covid-19 virus spread in the country. The deadly virus is continuing its onslaught for the second time after its initial appearance last year.
To safeguard their workforce, automakers decided to temporarily halt operations across manufacturing plants, corporate offices, showrooms and service centres. Service centres will be closed adhering to the local lockdown guidelines.
The release sent by the company said, "Volkswagen India is committed to its customer's convenience and to address the current situation, the brand is offering the utmost support by introducing extended comprehensive service assistance which includes warranty, extended warranty, RSA and service value packages for its customers."
Speaking on this situation, Mr Ashish Gupta, Brand Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India said, "Keeping in mind these unprecedented times, we have announced an extension to all our comprehensive services and warranties until 30 June 2021. As a customer-centric brand, we prioritize the safety of our customers and our extended service support package is an assurance that all services will be provided as applicable.
We understand customer's requirements and through these initiatives, we aim to provide peace of mind ownership experience to all our valued customers."
Thoughts About The Volkswagen Extends Warranty & Service Packages Period Period Due To Coronavirus Lockdown
Volkswagen joins the long list of automakers announcing an extension of free and paid maintenance service packages period. This provides peace of mind to the German brand customers in the country.
The Volkswagen Group also donated 1 million Euros to the Indian Government to help fight the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.