- 11 min ago Skoda Dealerships In India To Increase — More Than 225 Dealerships By 2022
- 1 hr ago Yamaha R3 BS6 India Launch Expected Soon: Could Come With New Design & Features
- 2 hrs ago Pure EV Electic Scooter Warranty Extended For Battery, Motor & Controller: Here Are All The Details
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Ioniq 5 Electric Vehicle Displayed In India; India Launch Likely If Import Duty Is Reduced
- News Cloudburst in Jammu and Kashmir: Amit Shah speaks to Lieutenant Governor to take stock of situation
- Sports India vs Sri Lanka 2nd T20I: Padikkal, Gaikwad, Rana, Sakariya debut as SL invite Dhawan to bat first
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A52s Geekbench Listing Reveals Key Specs; Here's The Expected Price
- Education Government Likely To Offer OBC, EWS Reservation In AIQ For Medical Colleges Admissions
- Finance Rakesh Jhunjhunwala To Start New Airline; Starting With 70 Planes
- Lifestyle Friendship Day 2021: Things Only Best Friends Can Relate To
- Movies Swara Bhasker's Next Is A Murder Mystery Titled Mimamsa
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
FADA (Federation of Automobile Dealers Associations) announces the sales and registration report for June 2021 (retails sales). According to the report, the passenger vehicle sales grow 43 per cent as compared to the June 2020 sales.
Also, the monthly growth of vehicle sales grew 55 per cent in the last month as compared to the May 2021 sales which stood at 5,35,855 units.
Vehicle Sales & Registration Report For June 2021 (M-o-M)
|Brands||June 2021||May 2021||Growth|
|Commercial Vehicle (Overall)||35,700||17,534||50.89%|
|Light Commercial Vehicle||21,650||9,411||56.53%|
|Medium Commercial Vehicle||2,091||915||56.24%|
|Heavy Commercial Vehicle||9,575||6,233||34.90%|
Vehicle Sales & Registration Report For June 2021 (Y-o-Y)
|Segment||June 2021||June 2020||Growth|
|Commercial Vehicle (Overall)||35,700||10,619||236.19%|
|Light Commercial Vehicle||21,650||8,428||156.88%|
|Medium Commercial Vehicle||2,091||78||2580.77%|
|Heavy Commercial Vehicle||9,575||346||2667.34%|
Segment-Wise Sales & Registration Report For June 2021
Passenger Four Wheelers:
Commenting on how June'21 performed, FADA President, Mr Vinkesh Gulati said, "The month of June witnessed re-opening for most of the states except the ones in South. Due to this, the industry witnessed a high pent up demand which was stuck in the system because of statewide lockdowns."
Regarding car and bike sales for June 2021, he further stated, "While all the categories were in green, Passenger Vehicles maintains to see good demand as customers continued to show keenness in vehicles for observing social distancing and safety of their families. Two Wheeler category though in green has witnessed a softer recovery as the rural market is taking time to get back from post covid stress."
He further added, "The commercial vehicle segment has seen staggering growth over last year, though on a very low base as there were product shortages due to BS-6 transition."
"Overall, the industry is still not out of the woods. When compared to June'19, we are still in red by -28% with 3W and CVs taking the max hit as they are down by -70% and -45% respectively. Only Tractors continue to grow as it was up 27% compared to June'19," he concluded.
Thoughts About The Vehicle Sales & Registrations FADA Report June 2021
The Automotive Industry has bounced back as compared to the monthly and yearly sales in June 2021. The Commercial Vehicle has seen a sharp increase in demand as compared to the sales from the same month last year. According to FADA's report for June 2021, the overall monthly sales have grown over 55 per cent, which is an amazing comeback during these testing times in India.