- 1 hr ago Volkswagen Polo TSI Comfortline Variants Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.41 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Upcoming Yamaha FZ-X Specs Leaked: Here Is Everything You Need To Know About The Motorcycle!
- 1 hr ago Hyundai Aura Updated In India: New Prices & Features
- 3 hrs ago Hero HF 100 Launched In India At Rs 49,400: The Most Affordable Bike From The Brand
- Finance OCI Card: Renewal Rules Of OCI Cards Relaxed
- Movies Karan Wahi Receives Death Threats For Commenting On Naga Babas Gathering At Kumbh Mela
- News Monsoon to be normal this season, says government
- Sports Rumour Has It: Barca and Madrid wary of Haaland price
- Technology Vi Pays Remaining Licence Fee To DoT After Show-Cause Notice
- Education ICSE, ISC Exam 2021: CISCE Reconsiders Class 10, 12 Board Exam Dates, Check Details
- Lifestyle Stunner! Nora Fatehi Makes A Strong Case For The Orange Hue With Her Bodycon Dress
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Goa In April
The Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) has announced the extension on the validity of all vehicle documents across India. The government organization has announced an increase in the validity period for the fifth time in the country since last year.
According to the statement released by MoRTH, the deadline for the renewal of documents has been extended to June 30, 2021. The government had extended the validity of all the above-mentioned documents until March 31, 2021. This deadline has now been extended.
The extension has been announced due to the recent wake of Covid-19 cases in certain parts of the country. As per the notification, all vehicle documents including Driving License (DL), Vehicle Registrations (RCs), Permits and others will remain valid till the end of June 2021.
The same extension of documents validity was announced earlier on March 30, 2020, June 9, 2020, August 24, 2020, and December 27, 2020. As a result, this is the fifth time the government is adding a new deadline to the expiration of vehicle documents in the country.
The circular from the government stated, "Taking into consideration the grim situation continuing due to conditions for prevention of the spread of COVID-19 across the country, it is advised that the validity of all of the above-referred documents whose extension of validity could not be, or was not likely to be, granted due to lock-down and/or COVID -19 and which had expired since 1st of Feb, 2020 or would expire by 30th June 2021, the same may be treated to be valid till 30th June, 2021."
It further stated, "Enforcement authorities are advised to treat such documents as valid till 30th June 2021. This will help out citizens in availing of transport-related services. It may be the last advisory in this regard. All the States and Union Territories are requested to implement this advisory in letter and spirit so that the citizens, the transporters, and various other organizations, which are operating under this difficult time, may not get harassed and face difficulties."
Thoughts On The Vehicle Documents Validity Extended Until June 2021 Across India
The Ministry of Road Transport has yet again announced an extension on the expiration of vehicle documents. The decision has been made to prevent the spread of COVID-19 across the country. The new deadline will give motorists ample time to renew vehicle documents.