- just now Ola Announces Hypercharger Charging Network For Its Electric Two-Wheelers: Details & More!
- 59 min ago Toyota Announces Temporary Production Halt For Maintenance Work: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago DAO Vidyut 106, Vidyut 108 & ZOR 405 Slow-Speed Electric Scooters Launched In India
- 17 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Spied Testing Without Wraps Ahead Of Its Launch In India
- News Thrissur Pooram 2021: Date, history and significance of annual temple festival
- Movies Cinematographer Johny Lal Dies Of COVID-19 Complications; R Madhavan & Other Celebs Mourn His Demise
- Technology Oppo Smart Tag Images Hint At Rechargeable Battery Feature
- Sports Doncic's Mavs spoil Davis' Lakers return, slumping 76ers fall to Giannis and Bucks as Celtics cool Suns
- Finance Banks Must Cut Dividend Payouts Amid Covid Crises: RBI
- Lifestyle Ananya Panday’s Multicolour Sweatshirt Or Tamannaah Bhatia’s Pink Co-ords, Whose Tie-Dye Outfit Is Prettier?
- Education World Book Day 2021: Why Is World Book And Copyright Day Celebrated On April 23
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In April 2021
Skoda is likely to launch a new sedan in the Indian market soon. The sedan is likely to be the car codenamed ANB, which is said to be based on the MQB A0 IN platform. However, the upcoming sedan is expected to be launched by the end of 2021.
According to the latest report by TeamBHP, the new Skoda sedan has been spotted testing in Pune for the first time. As seen in the spy images, the car gets a typical Skoda grille, halogen headlamps and halogen fog lamps at the front.
At the rear, the test vehicle's design appears to be like a notchback design that looks very similar to the Octavia. In length, the car appears to be smaller than the current-gen Octavia. However, The sedan is expected to share some of its body panels with the Volkswagen Virtus.
Mechanically, there are no details as of now, but we can expect the upcoming sedan from Skoda to be powered by a 1.0-litre TSI engine. The new car could be positioned above the Rapid sedan.
In other recent Skoda news, the company has commenced production of the upcoming new-generation Octavia in the Indian market. A few days back, the first unit of the new Skoda Octavia sedan was rolled out from the production line at the brand's manufacturing facility in Aurangabad.
The Skoda Octavia will also feature mechanical changes including the powertrain. The upcoming sedan is expected to be offered with two engine options: the 1.5-litre and 2.0-litre TSI engines. The 1.5-litre TSI unit produces 148bhp and 250Nm of peak torque mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. The top-spec 2.0-litre TSI engine churns out 190bhp and 320Nm of torque mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic as standard.
Thoughts About The Upcoming New Sedan From Skoda In India
The upcoming sedan from Skoda is expected to be launched by the end of 2021 and the sedan is likely to be the car codenamed ANB. We can expect the upcoming sedan from Skoda to be powered by a 1.0-litre TSI engine. The new car could be positioned above the Rapid sedan.