- 11 hrs ago 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan India Launch Timeline Revealed: Expected To Arrive This Festive Season
- 16 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift & Dzire CNG India Launch Soon: Expected To Use 1.2-Litre Dual-Jet Engine
- 17 hrs ago Tata Safari 10,000 Units Production Crossed In 5 Months Of India Launch: New Milestone Achieved!
- 18 hrs ago Lamborghini Urus Graphite Capsule India Launch To Happen Soon
- Technology Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: OnePlus Nord 2 5G, Poco F3 GT, Redmi Note 10 And More
- Movies Former Roadies Winner Shweta Mehta Opens Up About Her Near-Fatal Accident, Says She Took Two Years To Recover
- News More than 44.58 crore COVID-19 vaccine doses given so far: Health ministry
- Sports Teary homecoming: Olympic silver-medallist Mirabai Chanu breaks down on meeting mother
- Education NBE Calendar 2021-22 Released For Upcoming Medical Entrance Exams
- Finance RBI Imposes Penalty On Sarvodaya Co-operative Bank; Know Why
- Lifestyle Floral Or Striped, Which Pantsuit Of Mimi Actress Sai Tamhankar Did You Like More?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
Skoda is likely to launch a new sedan in the Indian market soon. The sedan is likely to be the car codenamed ANB, which is said to be based on the MQB A0 IN platform. However, the upcoming sedan is expected to be launched by the end of 2021.
According to the latest report by TeamBHP, the new Skoda sedan has been spotted testing in Pune for the first time. As seen in the spy images, the car gets a typical Skoda grille, halogen headlamps and halogen fog lamps at the front.
At the rear, the test vehicle's design appears to be like a notchback design that looks very similar to the Octavia. In length, the car appears to be smaller than the current-gen Octavia. However, The sedan is expected to share some of its body panels with the Volkswagen Virtus.
Mechanically, there are no details as of now, but we can expect the upcoming sedan from Skoda to be powered by a 1.0-litre TSI engine. The new car could be positioned above the Rapid sedan.
In other recent Skoda news, the company has commenced production of the upcoming new-generation Octavia in the Indian market. A few days back, the first unit of the new Skoda Octavia sedan was rolled out from the production line at the brand's manufacturing facility in Aurangabad.
The Skoda Octavia will also feature mechanical changes including the powertrain. The upcoming sedan is expected to be offered with two engine options: the 1.5-litre and 2.0-litre TSI engines. The 1.5-litre TSI unit produces 148bhp and 250Nm of peak torque mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. The top-spec 2.0-litre TSI engine churns out 190bhp and 320Nm of torque mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic as standard.
Thoughts About The Upcoming New Sedan From Skoda In India
The upcoming sedan from Skoda is expected to be launched by the end of 2021 and the sedan is likely to be the car codenamed ANB. We can expect the upcoming sedan from Skoda to be powered by a 1.0-litre TSI engine. The new car could be positioned above the Rapid sedan.