- 16 hrs ago Ola Introduces Electric Vehicle Taxi Rides In London
- 17 hrs ago 2021 Mercedes-Maybach S680 Revealed: Epitome Of Luxury & V12 Power
- 22 hrs ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- 1 day ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In May
- News Oxygen concentrator hoarding: Absconding Businessman Navneet Kalra arrested
- Movies Amitabh Bachchan Gets The Second Dose Of COVID-19 Vaccine; Shares The News On Social Media
- Sports West Brom 1-2 Liverpool: Alisson keeps Reds' Champions League hopes alive
- Finance 10 Top Gainers And Losers In Last 7 Trading Sessions Of Nifty
- Technology How To Update GB WhatsApp On Your Android Smartphones?
- Education Industry Leaders Cobble Up COVID Widows Initiative To Help Women Who Lost Their Partners To Pandemic
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan And Sanju
Skoda is likely to launch a new sedan in the Indian market soon. The sedan is likely to be the car codenamed ANB, which is said to be based on the MQB A0 IN platform. This new sedan could also be the 2022 Skoda Rapid.
However, according to the latest report by Autocar India, the upcoming Skoda sedan has been spied testing on the Mumbai-Pune highway. As seen in the spy pictures, the sedan is fully covered under wraps during the test, hence revealing very little information about the sedan.
The car also gets features like a current-generation Skoda grille, sharp and sleek LED headlights lights and the flowing roof-line. It is also seen running on some 16-inch black alloy wheels and fog lights on the bumper.
The upcoming Skoda sedan is expected to come powered by two TSI engines. First is the 1.0-litre, three-cylinder TSI petrol engine that churns out 115bhp of power. This engine will also come mated to a six-speed manual gearbox or a 6-speed torque converter. on the other hand, the larger engine will be the 1.5-litre TSI that pumps out 150bhp of power and around 250Nm of peak torque. this engine will be mated to the quick-shifting seven-speed DSG.
What exactly could the next sedan or the new 2022 Rapid be called? By the end of last year, Skoda trademarked the Slavia nameplate in India. This could be the new name for the 2022 Rapid. Also, the new upcoming sedan could bring back the Laura nameplate, well that is something that we will have to wait for.
Thoughts About The Upcoming 2022 Skoda Rapid
The Skoda Slavia is the latest name trademarked by the Czech brand for India. However, considering it doesn't follow the ‘K' and ‘Q' nomenclature, we expect it to be the new name for the next-gen Rapid sedan. The upcoming sedan also hosts a lot of updated tech and features along with the new engines.