- 11 hrs ago Largest EV Charging Station In India Opens In Gurugram: Charge Up To 100 EVs Simultaneously
- 14 hrs ago Connected Cars & Their Internet Requirements: Faster & More Secure Internet Tech Needed?
- 17 hrs ago Mercedes Partners With ProLogium To Develop Next-Gen Solid-State EV Batteries
- 18 hrs ago Here Is A List Of Genuine Accessories For Toyota Hilux In India: Scuff Plates, Canopy & More
- Technology Flipkart Electronics Sale 2022: Best Discount Deals On Mid-Range Smartphones
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 Jan 28 Highlights: Karan, Tejasswi & Other Finalists Get Emotional After Watching Their AVs
- Finance Union Budget 2022 Stock Buy: Cement Stock That Could Benefit From Infra Spends
- News India closely following developments in Ukraine, calls for peaceful resolution of situation
- Lifestyle Opinion: Did COVID-19 In India Take Away Safety Net Of Poor School-Going Children?
- Sports ISL 2021-22: Daniel Chima Chukwu on target as Jamshedpur down FC Goa
- Education Assam TET Re-Evaluation Result 2021 Declared, Download Lower Primary, Upper Primary TET Result Here
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Puducherry In Winter Of 2022
Skoda is likely to launch a new sedan in the Indian market soon. The sedan is likely to be the car codenamed ANB, which is said to be based on the MQB A0 IN platform. This new sedan could also be the 2022 Skoda Rapid.
However, according to the latest report by Autocar India, the upcoming Skoda sedan has been spied testing on the Mumbai-Pune highway. As seen in the spy pictures, the sedan is fully covered under wraps during the test, hence revealing very little information about the sedan.
The car also gets features like a current-generation Skoda grille, sharp and sleek LED headlights lights and the flowing roof-line. It is also seen running on some 16-inch black alloy wheels and fog lights on the bumper.
The upcoming Skoda sedan is expected to come powered by two TSI engines. First is the 1.0-litre, three-cylinder TSI petrol engine that churns out 115bhp of power. This engine will also come mated to a six-speed manual gearbox or a 6-speed torque converter. on the other hand, the larger engine will be the 1.5-litre TSI that pumps out 150bhp of power and around 250Nm of peak torque. this engine will be mated to the quick-shifting seven-speed DSG.
What exactly could the next sedan or the new 2022 Rapid be called? By the end of last year, Skoda trademarked the Slavia nameplate in India. This could be the new name for the 2022 Rapid. Also, the new upcoming sedan could bring back the Laura nameplate, well that is something that we will have to wait for.
Thoughts About The Upcoming 2022 Skoda Rapid
The Skoda Slavia is the latest name trademarked by the Czech brand for India. However, considering it doesn't follow the 'K' and 'Q' nomenclature, we expect it to be the new name for the next-gen Rapid sedan. The upcoming sedan also hosts a lot of updated tech and features along with the new engines.