- 34 min ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- 14 hrs ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 17 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 21 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- Finance How To Buy Silver In India? Different Investing Options In Silver
- Sports There was no way we could stay in Pakistan after receiving credible threat: NZC CEO White
- News Punjab Congress crisis: CLP meeting deferred; Announcement on Amarinder Singh’s successor today
- Lifestyle Expert Speaks About Brain Exercises For Managing Alzheimer’s
- Movies Mohit Raina Spills The Beans About His Role In Shiddat; 'Hoping People Will Love It'
- Technology Xiaomi 11 Lite NE 5G Color Options, Price In India Leak
- Education REET Admit Card 2021 Released, Download At reetbser21.com
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
Skoda is likely to launch a new sedan in the Indian market soon. The sedan is likely to be the car codenamed ANB, which is said to be based on the MQB A0 IN platform. This new sedan could also be the 2022 Skoda Rapid.
However, according to the latest report by Autocar India, the upcoming Skoda sedan has been spied testing on the Mumbai-Pune highway. As seen in the spy pictures, the sedan is fully covered under wraps during the test, hence revealing very little information about the sedan.
The car also gets features like a current-generation Skoda grille, sharp and sleek LED headlights lights and the flowing roof-line. It is also seen running on some 16-inch black alloy wheels and fog lights on the bumper.
The upcoming Skoda sedan is expected to come powered by two TSI engines. First is the 1.0-litre, three-cylinder TSI petrol engine that churns out 115bhp of power. This engine will also come mated to a six-speed manual gearbox or a 6-speed torque converter. on the other hand, the larger engine will be the 1.5-litre TSI that pumps out 150bhp of power and around 250Nm of peak torque. this engine will be mated to the quick-shifting seven-speed DSG.
What exactly could the next sedan or the new 2022 Rapid be called? By the end of last year, Skoda trademarked the Slavia nameplate in India. This could be the new name for the 2022 Rapid. Also, the new upcoming sedan could bring back the Laura nameplate, well that is something that we will have to wait for.
Thoughts About The Upcoming 2022 Skoda Rapid
The Skoda Slavia is the latest name trademarked by the Czech brand for India. However, considering it doesn't follow the ‘K' and ‘Q' nomenclature, we expect it to be the new name for the next-gen Rapid sedan. The upcoming sedan also hosts a lot of updated tech and features along with the new engines.