- 4 hrs ago Ather 450X Price After Subsidy Under Fame 2 Incentives: City-Wise Price List & FAQs
- 5 hrs ago 2021 BMW R 1250 GS BS6 India Launch Teased: Expected Price & Available Variants
- 6 hrs ago Driving License & Vehicle Registration Validity Extended Until 30 September
- 8 hrs ago Hero Electric Scooter Prices Dropped By Up To Rs 15,000: Optima HX FAME 2 Subsidy Revised Price List
- Movies Maanaadu: Meherezylaa Song Teaser Promises A Unique Romantic Number!
- News Major reshuffle: Gujarat government transfers more than 70 IAS officers
- Finance Grofers Co-Founder Saurabh Kumar Exits Company
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
- Education UGC Launches Academic Job Portal For NET, SET, PhD Qualified Candidates
- Lifestyle Father’s Day 2021: Here’s The History And Significance Of This Day
- Sports Milkha Singh passes away: Indian cricket team wear black armbands as a mark of respect to the ‘Flying Sikh’
- Technology OnePlus Nord CE 5G Gets Second Update Following Launch; What's Improved?
Kia Motors is said to be developing an all-new MPV for the Indian market. The new Kia MPV for India has been codenamed 'KY' is said to be positioned below the brand's Carnival offering. However, according to the latest report by Rushlane, the new Kia MPV has been spotted testing for the first time in India. This new MPV is slated to measure around 4.5 metres in length.
The new Kia MPV is expected to be offered in a seven-seater configuration and is likely to go on sale in the market sometime in January 2022. Similar to the Kia Seltos and the Sonet offerings, the new MPV will also be locally manufactured in India. The production will take place at the company's Anantapur facility in Andhra Pradesh. Reports also suggest, while a name for the MPV is yet to be decided, Kia Motors could choose something which suits both the domestic and international markets.
The new Kia MPV being positioned below the Carnival, will make it a more affordable offering in the Indian market. Unlike the Kia Carnival, the new MPV will be a mass-volume offering, expected to bring in large sales numbers for the brand, similar to the Seltos and the Sonet.
The new Kia MPV is also said to borrow its underpinnings from the Seltos SUV. This could translate to the new MPV also carrying forward the same engine options as the Seltos. To reiterate, the Kia Seltos is powered by a choice of three engines: two petrol and one diesel. This includes a 1.5-litre petrol and diesel unit, both producing 115bhp with 142Nm and 250Nm of peak torque respectively. Both engines will come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with the diesel offered with an optional automatic transmission as well.
Thoughts On The New Upcoming Kia MPV
The new Kia MPV coming to India will be locally manufactured at the company's facility here. Prices for the new MPV are expected to be in the same range as its competition. The new MPV by Kia will go up against the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, Toyota Innova Crysta and Mahindra Marazzo.