- 8 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 9 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 9 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 10 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- Movies Vakeel Saab Day 6 Box Office Collection: Here’s How Much Pawan Kalyan Starrer Has Earned So Far
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Mobiles
- Sports IPL 2021: Glenn Maxwell likens Royal Challengers Bangalore role to one at Australia
- News Pakistan working on single-dose COVID-19 vaccine with China’s help: Official
- Finance How to find IFSC Code?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
- Lifestyle Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
Kia Motors is said to be developing an all-new MPV for the Indian market. The new Kia MPV for India has been codenamed 'KY' is said to be positioned below the brand's Carnival offering. However, according to the latest report by Rushlane, the new Kia MPV has been spotted testing for the first time in India. This new MPV is slated to measure around 4.5 metres in length.
The new Kia MPV is expected to be offered in a seven-seater configuration and is likely to go on sale in the market sometime in January 2022. Similar to the Kia Seltos and the Sonet offerings, the new MPV will also be locally manufactured in India. The production will take place at the company's Anantapur facility in Andhra Pradesh. Reports also suggest, while a name for the MPV is yet to be decided, Kia Motors could choose something which suits both the domestic and international markets.
The new Kia MPV being positioned below the Carnival, will make it a more affordable offering in the Indian market. Unlike the Kia Carnival, the new MPV will be a mass-volume offering, expected to bring in large sales numbers for the brand, similar to the Seltos and the Sonet.
The new Kia MPV is also said to borrow its underpinnings from the Seltos SUV. This could translate to the new MPV also carrying forward the same engine options as the Seltos. To reiterate, the Kia Seltos is powered by a choice of three engines: two petrol and one diesel. This includes a 1.5-litre petrol and diesel unit, both producing 115bhp with 142Nm and 250Nm of peak torque respectively. Both engines will come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with the diesel offered with an optional automatic transmission as well.
Thoughts On The New Upcoming Kia MPV
The new Kia MPV coming to India will be locally manufactured at the company's facility here. Prices for the new MPV are expected to be in the same range as its competition. The new MPV by Kia will go up against the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, Toyota Innova Crysta and Mahindra Marazzo.