- 1 hr ago No More Registration Fee For Electric Vehicles — EVs To Become More Accessible In India
- 19 hrs ago All Cars In India To Feature Minimum 2 Airbags. Who Invented The Airbags, Importance…& More
- 22 hrs ago No Reduction In Import Duties For Tesla Says Government — Tesla Cars To Remain Expensive In India
- 1 day ago Ola Electric Scooter Launching On August 15 — Most-Awaited EV Launch To Happen On Independence Day
- Movies Priyanka Chopra Lauds Meghan Markle's 40X40 Initiative With A Sweet Birthday Note
- Finance E-Way Generation To Be Blocked From August 15 For Return Non-Filers: GSTN
- Technology Honor Earbuds 2 Lite Launched As Rebranded Honor Earbuds 2 SE; Features, Price
- News Opposition will keep fighting to raise people's issues including Pegasus matter: Mallikarjuna Kharge
- Education KSET Answer Key 2021 Released, Raise Objections Before August 23
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In September
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Golf: Aditi in contention for podium finish after blemish-free second round
- Lifestyle What Are Delusions Of Grandeur A False Belief Of Superiority? Causes, Symptoms And Treatments
Toyota Kirloskar Motors has announced a voluntary recall of its Urban Cruiser compact-SUV in the Indian market. The company recently released a statement announcing the recall for all variants of the compact-SUV.
According to the statement, all variants of the Toyota Urban Cruiser manufactured between July 28, 2020 to February 11, 2021 seem to be affected. The company stated that around 9,498 units of the Urban Cruiser seem to have a possible issue with the driver side airbag module assembly.
Toyota has also announced that the proactive recall of the vehicles has been done in order to replace the concerned part. The faulty airbag assembly will be changed free of cost to the customer.
The company has also announced that authorised Toyota dealers will contact customers of affected vehicles individually for inspection and replacement of the above-mentioned part. In turn, customers can also personally contact their local authorised service dealers and check if their vehicle is part of the recall.
The Toyota Urban Cruiser is essentially a re-branded version of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. However, the Vitara Brezza seems to be unaffected as Maruti Suzuki has not yet announced any such recall in the market regarding this issue.
The Toyota Urban Cruiser comes packed with safety features and equipment as standard across all its variants. This includes dual airbags, ABS with EBD, seatbelt reminder, rear parking sensors and many more. Although the Urban Cruiser hasn't been tested by Global NCAP, Maruti Vitara Brezza has undergone crash tests to secure an impressive 4-star rating.
The Toyota Compact-SUV carries forward the same engine option as the Maruti Vitara Brezza. This comes in the form of a 1.5-litre K-Series petrol engine producing 104bhp and 138Nm of peak torque. The engine is mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
The Toyota Urban Cruiser is offered with a price tag starting at Rs 8.50 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). It rivals the likes of the Hyundai Venue, Nissan Magnite, Ford EcoSport, Kia Sonet, Mahindra XUV300, Renault Kiger & the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza.
Thoughts On The Toyota Urban Cruiser Being Recalled For Faulty Airbags
Although disappointing to see Toyota having to recall their Urban Cruiser, it is a good decision for the brand to put the safety of its customers first and issue an official statement.