- 22 min ago Bajaj CT 110X Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details!
- 31 min ago 2021 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Revealed: Gets Subtle Design Changes & More Powerful Engines
- 2 hrs ago Next-Gen Mahindra Scorpio Spotted Testing Again Revealing New Features: Pics & Details
- 3 hrs ago Toyota Fortuner Legender Road Test Review: Most Powerful SUV In Its Segment!
- Sports IPL 2021: Big blow for Delhi Capitals as Anrich Nortje tests COVID-19 positive
- Movies Prabhas Releases Radhe Shyam Poster On The Same Day He Visited Chandigarh On Baisakhi Four Years Ago
- Education CBSE Board Exams 2021: Class 10th Exam Cancelled, 12th Postponed
- Technology Vivo V21 With 44MP OIS Super Night Selfie Camera Launching Soon: What To Expect?
- News Bengal Polls: Gorkhaland demand takes back seat as GJM factions fight for political supremacy
- Finance Gold Hallmark Mandatory From June 1; Things To Know Before Buying
- Lifestyle Your Stylish Summer Saree Looks Ft. Fatima Sana Shaikh, Rubina Dilaik, And Mithila Palkar
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In April
Toyota Kirloskar Motors has announced a voluntary recall of its Urban Cruiser compact-SUV in the Indian market. The company recently released a statement announcing the recall for all variants of the compact-SUV.
According to the statement, all variants of the Toyota Urban Cruiser manufactured between July 28, 2020 to February 11, 2021 seem to be affected. The company stated that around 9,498 units of the Urban Cruiser seem to have a possible issue with the driver side airbag module assembly.
Toyota has also announced that the proactive recall of the vehicles has been done in order to replace the concerned part. The faulty airbag assembly will be changed free of cost to the customer.
The company has also announced that authorised Toyota dealers will contact customers of affected vehicles individually for inspection and replacement of the above-mentioned part. In turn, customers can also personally contact their local authorised service dealers and check if their vehicle is part of the recall.
The Toyota Urban Cruiser is essentially a re-branded version of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. However, the Vitara Brezza seems to be unaffected as Maruti Suzuki has not yet announced any such recall in the market regarding this issue.
The Toyota Urban Cruiser comes packed with safety features and equipment as standard across all its variants. This includes dual airbags, ABS with EBD, seatbelt reminder, rear parking sensors and many more. Although the Urban Cruiser hasn't been tested by Global NCAP, Maruti Vitara Brezza has undergone crash tests to secure an impressive 4-star rating.
The Toyota Compact-SUV carries forward the same engine option as the Maruti Vitara Brezza. This comes in the form of a 1.5-litre K-Series petrol engine producing 104bhp and 138Nm of peak torque. The engine is mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
The Toyota Urban Cruiser is offered with a price tag starting at Rs 8.50 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). It rivals the likes of the Hyundai Venue, Nissan Magnite, Ford EcoSport, Kia Sonet, Mahindra XUV300, Renault Kiger & the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza.
Thoughts On The Toyota Urban Cruiser Being Recalled For Faulty Airbags
Although disappointing to see Toyota having to recall their Urban Cruiser, it is a good decision for the brand to put the safety of its customers first and issue an official statement.