- 12 hrs ago Toyota Land Cruiser India Launch Delayed: 4 Year Waiting Period
- 16 hrs ago Kawasaki Z650RS 50th Anniversary Edition Will Soon Come To India: No Mechanical Updates
- 19 hrs ago Adani Group May Foray Into EV Business In India: Trademark Registered
- 1 day ago Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- Movies Bangarraju Day 9 Box Office Collection: Here’s How Much The Naga Chaitanya Starrer Has Fared So Far!
- Lifestyle Prime Minister Narendra Modi To Interact With Rashtriya Bal Puraskar Awardees On January 24
- Education Karnataka SSLC Preparatory Exams 2022 Schedule Announced, Download KSEEB Class 10 Preparatory Date Sheet Here
- Finance This Large Cap Company To Consider Interim Dividend Payment
- News COVID-19: Digvijaya, others booked for protest near MP CM's residence
- Sports Manchester United 1-0 West Ham: Rashford late show stuns Hammers
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In North India In Winter Of 2022
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Specifications Leaked; Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC Tipped
Japanese carmaker Toyota has announced that it will be increasing prices across its range of vehicles sold in India from the 1st of January, 2022. Toyota had recently increased the prices of its Indian lineup ahead of the festive season.
In a statement, Toyota stated, "The company will realign the price of its models with effect from 1st January 2022. The price realignment is necessitated on the back of the sustained increase in input costs including raw materials. All efforts have been made to ensure that the impact of the cost increase has minimum effect on our esteemed customers."
The Japanese carmaker hasn't revealed the exact amount by which the prices of its lineup of vehicles sold in India will be increasing. The Toyota lineup in India consists of a total of six vehicles — Glanza, Urban Cruiser, Innova Crysta, Fortuner, Camry and Vellfire — with prices currently ranging between 7.49 lakh and 89 lakh.
The Glanza hatchback is badge engineered version of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno. The Glanza is powered by Maruti Suzuki's 1.2-litre K series engine that produces 82bhp and 113Nm of peak torque. The engine is paired with either a 5-speed manual or a CVT automatic gearbox. Prices for the Toyota Glanza currently range between 7.49 lakh and 9.44 lakh.
The Toyota Urban Cruiser SUV is the second model in the Toyota lineup that is based on a Maruti Suzuki vehicle. The Urban Cruiser is a badge swapped version of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. The Urban Cruiser is offered with a 1.5-litre engine that produces 103bhp and 138Nm of peak torque. The engine comes paired with either a 5-speed manual or a 4-speed torque converter automatic gearbox. Prices for the Toyota Urban Cruiser currently range between Rs 8.72 lakh and Rs 11.40 lakh.
The next vehicle in the Toyota lineup is also its most popular — the Innova Crysta. The MPV has been the go-to choice for many Indians. The Toyota Innova Crysta is offered with two engine options - a 2.4-litre diesel or 2.7-litre petrol.
The large displacement petrol engine on the Innova produces 164bhp and 245Nm of torque and is offered with either a 5-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic. The 2.4-litre diesel engine produces 148bhp and 343Nm of torque. The diesel engine is offered with the same transmission options as the petrol. Prices for the Innova Crysta range currently range between Rs 17.18 and Rs 24.99 lakh.
The Toyota Fortuner is the large SUV in the Japanese carmaker's Indian lineup. The Fortuner is offered with either a 2.8-litre diesel engine that produces 201bhp and 500Nm of torque (420Nm for the manual) or a 2.7-litre petrol powerplant that pushes out 164bhp and 245Nm of peak torque. Both engines are offered with both manual (5-speed for the petrol and 6-speed for the diesel) and a 6-speed torque converter automatic. The Fortuner is currently priced between Rs 30.73 and Rs 42.33 lakh.
The Toyota Camry is the first of Toyota's two hybrid offerings for India. The Camry Hybrid is powered by a 2.5-litre petrol engine paired with an electric motor for a total output of 176bhp and 221Nm of torque. The engine is offered with a CVT automatic gearbox. The Toyota Camry Hybrid is currently priced at Rs 41.19 lakh.
The flagship model of the Toyota lineup in India is the Vellfire luxury MPV. The Toyota Vellfire is powered by a 2.5-litre engine producing 115bhp and 148Nm of torque. The engine is assisted by two electric motors (one on each axle) with a combined maximum output of 268bhp. The hybrid powertrain on the Vellfire is paired to a CVT automatic gearbox. The Toyota Vellfire's current price in India is Rs 89.95 lakh.
Thoughts On Toyota's Upcoming Price Hike
Toyota is following other carmakers in India in hiking prices come January 2022. While the actual price hike still hasn't been revealed, we can't really blame Toyota for switching up prices once again due to the shortage in microchips and other supply issues caused by the pandemic.