- 32 min ago 2021 Mini Hatchback, Convertible & John Cooper Works (JCW) Launched In India At Rs 38 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Exports Commences To Nepal, Indonesia & South Africa: Details
- 7 hrs ago 2021 Jaguar F-Pace SVR Bookings Open In India: High-Performance SUV Coming Soon
- 18 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India (May 2021): Hero Splendor & Hero HF Deluxe Take Top Two Spots
- Technology Infinix Zero X Tipped To Arrive With 160W Fast Charging Support
- Movies KRK Will Stop Reviewing If Abhishek Bachchan, Varun Dhawan Star In His Film To ‘Save Bollywood'
- Finance How To Find CIF ID In India Post Payment Bank Account IPPB?
- Education Delhi 9th And 11th Result 2021: How To Download Marksheet At edudel.nic.in
- News Baba Ka Dhaba owner’s condition stable, moved out of ICU
- Sports Top Level Volleyball to return to India with the Prime Volleyball League
- Lifestyle Rashmika Mandanna, Janhvi Kapoor, Katrina Kaif, And Tara Sutaria Make Us Want To Buy A Satin Slip Dress
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
The Toyota Mirai has broken the world record for the longest journey covered on a single tank of hydrogen. The Toyota Mirai covered a loop of more than 1,000kms starting from Paris. The previous record was held by the Hyundai Nero hydrogen car.
Hyundai had previously managed to cover an astonishing 887.5kms on a single fill-up, and travelled from Melbourne to Broken Hill in 13 hours and 6 minutes, with an average speed of 66.9kmph. This record by Hyundai was just set a month ago.
Toyota broke this record with its Mirai covering 115.5 kilometres more than the Nero in the previous record set by the Korean manufacturer, taking the new record to 1003kms. The car even indicated 9 kilometres of remaining range even after the record was set.
During this record-breaking run, the Toyota Mirai used just 0.55kg of hydrogen for every 100 kilometres it covered. Toyota claims that the hydrogen used for the record run is completely green.
This simply means there were no emissions produced in the making of the hydrogen used in the car. The Japanese developed vehicle was driven by 4 drivers, including Victorien Erussard, who is the founder and captain of the first zero-emission hydrogen ship to sail around the world.
After the record-breaking run, Erussard said "I am very happy to have taken on this 1,000 km challenge behind the wheel of the all-new Mirai! Toyota is always at the forefront of hydrogen innovation and our collaboration has only grown stronger year after year. As a former offshore racer, I need to take up challenges and I warmly thank Frank Marotte and his teams for taking me on this zero-emission adventure which shows that nothing is impossible and that hydrogen mobility is here!"
Overall, this is a remarkable achievement and an eye-opener for many car manufacturers regarding the untapped potential of hydrogen-powered cars.
Thoughts On Toyota Mirai Breaking The Record For Longest Journey On One Tank Of Hydrogen
Overall, this is a remarkable achievement and an eye-opener for many car manufacturers regarding the untapped potential of hydrogen-powered cars. With a decent-sized tank, a fuel-cell vehicle can cover long distances and thereby get rid of the range anxiety typically associated with EVs.