- 18 hrs ago Ola Introduces Electric Vehicle Taxi Rides In London
- 20 hrs ago 2021 Mercedes-Maybach S680 Revealed: Epitome Of Luxury & V12 Power
- 24 hrs ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- 1 day ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- Finance Markets Open Higher, L&T Rallies Post Numbers
- News No proof of fraud against Srinivas, Gambhir: They were helping, Delhi Police tells HC
- Movies Happy Birthday Nushrratt Bharuccha: Only True Fans Of The Actress Know These Lesser Known Facts About Her!
- Sports Warriors star Curry pips Wizards' Beal to second NBA scoring title
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In May
- Technology How To Update GB WhatsApp On Your Android Smartphones?
- Education Industry Leaders Cobble Up COVID Widows Initiative To Help Women Who Lost Their Partners To Pandemic
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan And Sanju
Toyota is known to have one of the best hybrid technologies in the world. The brand's Indian line-up features two vehicles with hybrid engines already. However, according to the recent media report, the company could add more hybrid engines and this time to the diesel engines.
According to the report from Autoindustriya, Toyota could launch the diesel-hybrid technologies on the Innova Crysta and the Fortuner SUV. The development of diesel-hybrid engines has been confirmed for global markets. However, it is most likely that these new engines could come to the Indian market.
The Toyota Innova Crysta is offered with a 2.4-litre diesel engine. On the other hand, the Fortuner SUV is powered by the recently updated 2.8-litre diesel engine. Both models are also offered with a 2.7-litre petrol engine option.
However, the 2.4-litre and the 2.8-litre diesel engines powering the respective model is expected to receive hybrid technology. These engines will be among the first diesel units to receive hybrid technology in the PV segment in the world.
The 2.4-litre diesel unit churns out 148bhp and 360Nm of peak torque; mated to either a five-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic. On the other hand, the 2.8-litre unit dishes out 201bhp and a peak torque of 500Nm; mated to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic.
Diesel engines are known to be harmful with more CO2 produced as compared to the petrol engine. With the introduction of hybrid technology, both diesel engines would become cleaner with lesser pollution figures. Along with a greener engine, it will also be relatively more efficient than the existing units.
Apart from the Innova Crysta and the Fortuner, Toyota will also introduce these diesel engines on the HiAce MPV and the India-bound Hilux SUV. According to the report, the 2022 Fortuner could be the first model to receive the new diesel-hybrid engine.
At present, the Toyota Camry and the Toyota Vellfire are the only two models that feature's the brand hybrid engines. However, these are petrol-hybrid units. Both models are powered by the 2.5-litre petrol engine that features a self-charging hybrid technology. It produces a maximum of 176bhp and 221Nm peak torque mated to a CVT automatic.
Thoughts About The Toyota Innova Crysta & Fortuner Could Recieve Diesel-Hybrid Engines
Toyota is looking to revolutionize diesel engines on passenger vehicles by introducing hybrid technology. This will make the existing crop of diesel power units cleaner and efficient with the hybrid tech. The Toyota Fortuner could be the first model out of two to receive the blue halo around the Toyota logo as early as next year.