- 1 hr ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- 16 hrs ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 18 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 22 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- News RBI decision to allow NBFCs apply for Aadhaar-e-KYC Authentication Licence to promote digitisation
- Sports IPL 2021: Gill, Rana are about to shock the world, says KKR chief mentor Hussey
- Lifestyle Ananya Panday Is Here To Set The Gram On Fire Yet Again With Her Brown Bralette
- Technology Week 38, 2021 Launch Roundup: Apple iPhone 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max, iPhone 13, 13 Mini, Realme C25Y, And More
- Finance How To Buy Silver In India? Different Investing Options In Silver
- Movies Mohit Raina Spills The Beans About His Role In Shiddat; 'Hoping People Will Love It'
- Education REET Admit Card 2021 Released, Download At reetbser21.com
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
Toyota is known to have one of the best hybrid technologies in the world. The brand's Indian line-up features two vehicles with hybrid engines already. However, according to the recent media report, the company could add more hybrid engines and this time to the diesel engines.
According to the report from Autoindustriya, Toyota could launch the diesel-hybrid technologies on the Innova Crysta and the Fortuner SUV. The development of diesel-hybrid engines has been confirmed for global markets. However, it is most likely that these new engines could come to the Indian market.
The Toyota Innova Crysta is offered with a 2.4-litre diesel engine. On the other hand, the Fortuner SUV is powered by the recently updated 2.8-litre diesel engine. Both models are also offered with a 2.7-litre petrol engine option.
However, the 2.4-litre and the 2.8-litre diesel engines powering the respective model is expected to receive hybrid technology. These engines will be among the first diesel units to receive hybrid technology in the PV segment in the world.
The 2.4-litre diesel unit churns out 148bhp and 360Nm of peak torque; mated to either a five-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic. On the other hand, the 2.8-litre unit dishes out 201bhp and a peak torque of 500Nm; mated to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic.
Diesel engines are known to be harmful with more CO2 produced as compared to the petrol engine. With the introduction of hybrid technology, both diesel engines would become cleaner with lesser pollution figures. Along with a greener engine, it will also be relatively more efficient than the existing units.
Apart from the Innova Crysta and the Fortuner, Toyota will also introduce these diesel engines on the HiAce MPV and the India-bound Hilux SUV. According to the report, the 2022 Fortuner could be the first model to receive the new diesel-hybrid engine.
At present, the Toyota Camry and the Toyota Vellfire are the only two models that feature's the brand hybrid engines. However, these are petrol-hybrid units. Both models are powered by the 2.5-litre petrol engine that features a self-charging hybrid technology. It produces a maximum of 176bhp and 221Nm peak torque mated to a CVT automatic.
Thoughts About The Toyota Innova Crysta & Fortuner Could Recieve Diesel-Hybrid Engines
Toyota is looking to revolutionize diesel engines on passenger vehicles by introducing hybrid technology. This will make the existing crop of diesel power units cleaner and efficient with the hybrid tech. The Toyota Fortuner could be the first model out of two to receive the blue halo around the Toyota logo as early as next year.