- 1 hr ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launched In India; Powered By R15 Sourced 155cc Engine With VVA
- 4 hrs ago New Yamaha R15 V4.0 Launched In India; R15M And Aerox 155 Launched Along
- 9 hrs ago Audi E-Tron GT Launch Tomorrow; Audi Claims 383 Km Range
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- Movies Bade Achhe Lagte Hain 2 Actor Nakuul Mehta Shares An Update About His Health, Thanks Fans For Their Wishes
- News Muslims have highest fertility rate, Jains the lowest among India's major religious groups: Pew report
- Sports With good balance of youth and experience, head coach Bozidar is confident of CFC’s chances in ISL 2021-22
- Education SBI Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Declared, Check Direct Link
- Technology Realme GT Neo2 Price Revealed Ahead Of Launch; New Dimensity 1200AI SoC Variant Also Tipped
- Lifestyle Emma Corrin’s Emmy’s 2021 Costume Is Surprising And There Could Be Salem Witch Trials Angle To It
- Finance How To Choose ELSS Fund To Save Tax And Create Wealth?
- Travel 8 Beautiful Long Drive Routes In India
Toyota Kirloskar Motors (TKM) announces the extension of battery warranty for its Self-charging Hybrid Electric Vehicles (SHEVs) in India. The company currently sells the Camry and the Vellfire Self-charging Hybrid Electric Vehicles that features an 8-year warranty on the battery.
The warranty is extended from the existing 3-year/1,00,000 kilometres to 8-year/1,60,000 kilometres for all its SHEV models sold with effect from August 1, 2021. The decision is in line with the brand's aim to realise carbon neutrality by 2050 and promote the sale of SHEVs in India.
Additionally, existing 4th generation SHEV customers (for purchases made January 2019 onwards) are being offered similar warranty benefits at a special offer price. TKM's new 2021 hybrid electric vehicle battery warranty is the longest warranty period offered in the industry and is available to all the owners of Toyota SHEVs.
TKM was the first carmaker to bring hybrid electric vehicles to the Indian market with products such as the Prius and Camry. They are also prepping the market to introduced many new technologies in India.
This includes their exhaustive range of hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs), plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs), battery electric vehicles (BEVs) and fuel-cell electric vehicles (FCEVs) to suit the needs of the consumers and market.
Mr V. Wiseline Sigamani, Associate General Manager (AGM), Sales and Strategic Marketing, Toyota Kirloskar Motor, said, "Toyota has been at the forefront of global vehicle electrification for more than two decades now. In India too, TKM was among the first automakers to introduce SHEVs in the market. Self-charging Hybrid Electric Vehicles, which have both a petrol engine and electric powertrain, are extremely environment friendly while requiring no behavioural changes at the customer's end.
Hybrids can run 40% of the distance and 60% of the time as an electric vehicle with a petrol engine shut off, as proven in a study by iCAT, a Government testing agency. This gives hybrids tremendous fuel efficiency improvements of 35 to 50% and much lower carbon emissions. In India, over the years (cumulative), the sale of Toyota Camry Hybrid vehicles alone has resulted in CO2 emission reduction of over 18 million kilograms and fossil fuel savings of over 7.6 million litres.
With customers being the first priority, Toyota has been unceasingly striving to offer diverse service schemes. Through the longer battery warranty, which is the most comprehensive coverage in the market today, we continue to bring many smiles and peace of mind to customers buying a hybrid electric vehicle and enhancing the momentum of vehicle electrification in the country," he concluded.
Thoughts About The Toyota Camry & Vellfire Getting 8 Years Battery Warranty
The Toyota Camry and the Vellfire are some of the most expensive models sold in India by the brand. They are shipped to India as CBUs and feature the revolutionary self-charging electric vehicle tech from the brand, which are the reasons behind the high price tag. However, with the latest announcement of an extension of the battery warranty, it adds more value to the products and owners in the country.