- 10 min ago Toyota Yaris Discontinued In India; Toyota Belta Coming Soon
- 16 hrs ago Tata Punch Variants And Colour Options Leaked; Launch Likely To Be On October 4th
- 18 hrs ago New Force Gurkha Prices Revealed; Prices Start From Rs 13.59 Lakh
- 21 hrs ago MG Astor To Be Launched In Early October; Will Be Available In 7 Trim Levels
- Finance These Special Fixed Deposit Schemes Ending In September: Should You Invest?
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M52 5G With SD778G Chip Launched At Introductory Price Of Rs. 26,999; Worth Buying?
- Movies Tiger Shroff Is In London For Not One But Two Projects, Deets Inside
- Sports IPL 2021: RR vs RCB: Preview, Live telecast, Live streaming, IST Time details
- News Why Petrol prices are likely to rise further
- Lifestyle Janhvi Kapoor And Ananya Panday Flaunt Green Outfits At The Global Citizen Live 2021 Event
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In Karnataka in Winter
- Education JNVST Result 2021 Declared For Class 6 And Class 11, Check Result Link
Toyota has hiked prices of the Innova and the Fortuner in the Indian market. Depending on the variant, the two best-selling models have witnessed a price increase between Rs 27,000 and Rs 72,000. Other models in the Toyota portfolio like Glanza, Yaris, Urban Cruiser, etc haven't received a price hike.
Toyota is one of the most-reputed car manufacturers in the world. It is the seventh-largest car manufacturer in India and the largest in the world in terms of sales numbers. The brand has a number of models on sale in the Indian market, catering to various segments. However, the best-selling products from Toyota make up its premium range.
The Toyota Innova is the best-seller for Toyota, constantly clocking sales figures way higher than the competition. In March 2021, Toyota sold 5,743 units of the Innova Crysta while in February 2021, the brand sold 6,018 units of the premium MPV.
The Toyota Fortuner always has a sales figure that is three to four times higher than the competition. In March 2021, Toyota sold 2,136 units of the Fortuner and 2,053 units in February 2021.
The Toyota Innova Crysta and the Toyota Fortuner are priced way higher than their competition and yet sell in such great numbers. Now, Toyota has announced a price hike, further increasing prices of both models.
2021 Toyota Innova Crysta Price Hike
The Toyota Innova Crysta received an update towards the end of 2020. It came with a design refresh and several new features that gave its desirability a boost. Now, prices for the MPV have been hiked. Across almost all variants, the Toyota Innova Crysta gets a price hike of Rs 27,000.
The G+ MT 7 and 8-seater variants get a bigger hike of Rs 30,000. There are no changes or updates to the vehicle itself. It still comes with a lengthy features list including a TFT MID, Geo-Fencing, Real-time vehicle tracking, touchscreen infotainment with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, ambient lighting, etc.
Buyers can either opt for a 2.4-litre diesel engine that puts out 147.9bhp and 343Nm or a 2.7-litre petrol engine that puts out 163.7bhp and 245Nm. Prices for the Toyota Innova Crysta now start at Rs 16.53 lakh for the GX MT 7 Seater and go all the way up to Rs 24.6 lakh for the ZX AT 7 Seater.
2021 Toyota Fortuner Price Hike:
The Toyota Fortuner is by a large margin, the best-seller in its class. It is powerful, imposing and has all the traits one would require of a full-size SUV. The SUV has now received a substantial price hike. Toyota has increased prices of the Fortuner by Rs 36,000 across the entire standard range. The top-spec Legender edition of the car though, gets a price hike of Rs 72,000.
The diesel variants of the Toyota Fortuner are powered by the same 2.8-litre, inline-four-cylinder, turbo-diesel engine. It has a maximum power output of 201.2bhp and a peak torque output of 420Nm. The peak torque increases to 500Nm in the automatic variants. Both engines are available with either 6-speed automatic or a 6-speed manual gearbox.
Prices for the Toyota Fortuner now starts at Rs 30.34 lakh for the base P 4x2 MT variant and goes up to Rs 38.3 lakh for the top-spec Legender variant.
Thoughts on Toyota Innova Crysta & Toyota Fortuner Prices Being Hiked
The Toyota Innova Crysta and the Toyota Fortuner are both perfect examples of sales numbers being unaffected by price hikes. Toyota is confident in the sales numbers not dropping despite this new price hike and hence an increase of this magnitude has been implemented. These two vehicles will continue to sell well and dominate their respective segments.