- 6 hrs ago KTM Adventure Trails Riding Programme Launched In 10 Cities: Here Are All Details
- 21 hrs ago 2021 Benelli TRK 502 Spotted Arriving At Dealerships In India: Launching Soon?
- 22 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Deliveries Cross Over 720 Units Across India: Announced Serice Campaign
- 24 hrs ago New Mahindra Scorpio Spotted Testing Again Ahead Of its Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- News Farmer tractor rally: AAP condemns violence, says regrettable that Centre allowed situation to deteriorate
- Sports Kobe Bryant: Los Angeles Lakers legend's five greatest NBA games
- Movies Sonali Phogat Takes A Dig At Rubina Dilaik; Says She Can Do Fareb To Win The Show
- Technology FAU-G Goes Official In India: Here Are The Details
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan’s Pregnancy Glow Is Unmissable, As She Performs Yoga Flaunting Her Baby Bump
- Finance 5 Stock Picks Ahead Of The Budget From HDFC Securities
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In January 2021
- Education MHT CET 2020 Round II Seat Allotment Result for B. Tech, B. Pharma To Be Out Today
Toyota is all set to bring in two new versions of its popular Fortuner SUV in the Indian market. The first being a facelift version of the SUV, receiving minor cosmetic and feature updates. The second is the sportier 'Legender' iteration.
Both the Toyota Fortuner facelift and Legender version will be launched together in the Indian market; scheduled for the 6th of January 2021. The Legender variant as mentioned before is a sportier iteration of the Fortuner facelift SUV, offered with additional cosmetic and mechanical updates.
Ahead of its launch, Toyota has released new teaser images for both the Fortuner facelift and Legender versions of the SUV. The teaser images showcase just the headlamps of both versions of the Fortuner SUV. While the Fortuner facelift features a single projector headlamp with integrated LED DRLs, the Fortuner Legender headlamps feature a more sportier cluster.
The Toyota Fortuner facelift will also carry forward a front design similar to the outgoing model, apart from a few tweaks and revisions. The Legender version, however, will come with a more aggressively designed front end, with a sleeker grille, large air dam on the bumper and new housings for the LED fog lamps.
Both the Toyota Fortuner facelift and the Legender versions will come with a host of new features, equipment and tech on board. This also includes a slightly updated cabin, packed with a host of features such as a new instrument cluster with a 4.2-inch MID, 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, electrically adjustable driver and front seats, multi-function steering wheel and many others.
The current version of the Fortuner comes powered by a choice of both petrol and diesel engines. This includes a 2.7-litre petrol producing 166bhp and 245Nm of peak torque, paired with either a five-speed manual or six-speed AT. There is also a 2.8-litre diesel unit churning out 177bhp and 420Nm of torque. This is mated to either a six-speed manual or AT transmission.
The new Toyota Fortuner facelift is expected to carry forward the same engine options. However, the sportier Fortuner Legender version is expected to feature a more powerful version of the 2.8-litre diesel engine.
This produces 201bhp and 500Nm of peak torque, mated to a six-speed manual or automatic transmission options. Both the Fortuner facelift and the Legender versions will be offered with both two and four-wheel-drive configurations.
Thoughts On The Toyota Fortuner Facelift & Legender Version Launch In India
The Toyota Fortuner facelift will be priced at a slight premium compared to the current model. Prices for the Fortuner facelift could be in the range of Rs 28 lakh to Rs 34 lakh, ex-showroom. The sportier Toyota Fortuner Legender will be priced even higher, with an expected price tag starting at Rs 38 lakh, ex-showroom.