- Movies Varun Dhawan Celebrates His 9-Year Milestone In Bollywood, Says 'Thank You For Believing'
- Education RSMSSB Fireman And AFO 2021 Exam Date Announced For 629 Posts On RSMSSB.Rajasthan.Gov.In, Check Details Here
- Sports Kamalpreet Kaur aims to break her national record to prepare for World Championships, CWG, Asian Games
- News Uttarakhand: Cloudburst in Nainital; several people feared trapped under debris
- Finance 1 Large-Cap And Small-Cap Stock To Buy As Suggested By ICICI Securities
- Technology Google Pixel Launch Event Today: Here's How To Watch Livestream In India
- Lifestyle Long Covid May Not Be As Fatal As Acute COVID-19 But Can Worsen Existing Ailments, Say Experts
- Travel International Travel News: US To Ease Travel Curbs For Fully Vaccinated Foreigners From November 8
Toyota is all set to bring in two new versions of its popular Fortuner SUV in the Indian market. The first being a facelift version of the SUV, receiving minor cosmetic and feature updates. The second is the sportier 'Legender' iteration.
Both the Toyota Fortuner facelift and Legender version will be launched together in the Indian market; scheduled for the 6th of January 2021. The Legender variant as mentioned before is a sportier iteration of the Fortuner facelift SUV, offered with additional cosmetic and mechanical updates.
Ahead of its launch, Toyota has released new teaser images for both the Fortuner facelift and Legender versions of the SUV. The teaser images showcase just the headlamps of both versions of the Fortuner SUV. While the Fortuner facelift features a single projector headlamp with integrated LED DRLs, the Fortuner Legender headlamps feature a more sportier cluster.
The Toyota Fortuner facelift will also carry forward a front design similar to the outgoing model, apart from a few tweaks and revisions. The Legender version, however, will come with a more aggressively designed front end, with a sleeker grille, large air dam on the bumper and new housings for the LED fog lamps.
Both the Toyota Fortuner facelift and the Legender versions will come with a host of new features, equipment and tech on board. This also includes a slightly updated cabin, packed with a host of features such as a new instrument cluster with a 4.2-inch MID, 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, electrically adjustable driver and front seats, multi-function steering wheel and many others.
The current version of the Fortuner comes powered by a choice of both petrol and diesel engines. This includes a 2.7-litre petrol producing 166bhp and 245Nm of peak torque, paired with either a five-speed manual or six-speed AT. There is also a 2.8-litre diesel unit churning out 177bhp and 420Nm of torque. This is mated to either a six-speed manual or AT transmission.
The new Toyota Fortuner facelift is expected to carry forward the same engine options. However, the sportier Fortuner Legender version is expected to feature a more powerful version of the 2.8-litre diesel engine.
This produces 201bhp and 500Nm of peak torque, mated to a six-speed manual or automatic transmission options. Both the Fortuner facelift and the Legender versions will be offered with both two and four-wheel-drive configurations.
Thoughts On The Toyota Fortuner Facelift & Legender Version Launch In India
The Toyota Fortuner facelift will be priced at a slight premium compared to the current model. Prices for the Fortuner facelift could be in the range of Rs 28 lakh to Rs 34 lakh, ex-showroom. The sportier Toyota Fortuner Legender will be priced even higher, with an expected price tag starting at Rs 38 lakh, ex-showroom.