- 16 hrs ago Ola Introduces Electric Vehicle Taxi Rides In London
- 18 hrs ago 2021 Mercedes-Maybach S680 Revealed: Epitome Of Luxury & V12 Power
- 22 hrs ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- 1 day ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In May
- News Oxygen concentrator hoarding: Absconding Businessman Navneet Kalra arrested
- Movies Amitabh Bachchan Gets The Second Dose Of COVID-19 Vaccine; Shares The News On Social Media
- Sports West Brom 1-2 Liverpool: Alisson keeps Reds' Champions League hopes alive
- Finance 10 Top Gainers And Losers In Last 7 Trading Sessions Of Nifty
- Technology How To Update GB WhatsApp On Your Android Smartphones?
- Education Industry Leaders Cobble Up COVID Widows Initiative To Help Women Who Lost Their Partners To Pandemic
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan And Sanju
Toyota Kirloskar Motors (TKM) has announced its sales figures for April 2021. According to the sales report, the company has registered 9,622 units in domestic sales in the last month. The company has shown Month-on-Month degrowth in April.
The company had registered a total of 15,0001 units of domestic sales in the month of March 2021. This around 55 less compared to the sales from the last month. As a result, the company has shown a decline in sales in India.
However, several reasons are affecting the low sales figures in April 2021. Toyota's manufacturing facility was under complete shutdown during the last week of April. The company had announced the shutdown to allow for annual maintenance work at its production facilities.
Mr Naveen Soni, Sr. Vice President, TKM, said, "At the outset, we express our solidarity and continued support for the community at this hour of peril. Given the current situation and considering all those who have been impacted by the second wave of the pandemic, what is most important to TKM is the wellbeing and safety of our employees, dealer & supplier staff and the community at large. Despite the challenges, we continue to witness good demand owing to personal mobility needs and the same has helped us clock 9622 units of wholesales in April 2021."
He further added, "We have been able to partially fulfil pending orders by making use of the pipeline finished goods inventory, to ensure minimal discomfort to our customers. However, partial lockdown in different parts of the country has enhanced the gap between wholesale and retail. Also, sporadic lockdowns impacting different states & cities for varying durations have increased logistical challenges to supply the right vehicle to the right dealership and at the right time. We are trying our best to work around such logistical challenges to be able to meet customer requirements at the earliest."
Because of the ongoing second wave of Covid-19 pandemic, Mr Soni further added, "As we see it, our prime responsibility at the moment is to secure the health of our employees, their families and other stakeholders. We have set standard processes of disinfecting the workplace and common areas on daily basis ensuring safety at all times. Only a limited number of employees as permissible by the rules of social distancing, are engaged in essential jobs & activities at the plant."
"Moreover, we are continuously educating our employees on appropriate COVID-19 guidelines to be followed while at work and also in their personal lives. We are also prepared to divert our oxygen supplies to the Karnataka health department if the need arises."
Thoughts About Toyota Car Sales Report For April 2021
Toyota has reduced its manufacturing operations last month, which has affected the production numbers. This has also impacted the sales figures for the brand in April 2021. However, the Toyota Innova and Fortuner will continue to carry the brand onwards in the Indian market.