- 55 min ago Connected Cars & Their Internet Requirements: Faster & More Secure Internet Tech Needed?
- 3 hrs ago Mercedes Partners With ProLogium To Develop Next-Gen Solid-State EV Batteries
- 5 hrs ago Here Is A List Of Genuine Accessories For Toyota Hilux In India: Scuff Plates, Canopy & More
- 6 hrs ago TVS Buys 75% Stake In SEMG — Forays into E-Bike Market
- Sports Indian cricket in good hands under Rohit Sharma's captaincy, says Darren Sammy
- Finance Union Budget 2022: 23: What The Telecom Sector Can Expect?
- Technology Realme 9 Pro 5G Series To Launch On Feb 15 Globally; When Is It Coming To India?
- News Sidhu a cruel man, drove mother out of home alleges sister
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Bihar In Winter Of 2022
- Movies Ameesha Patel On Being Called Brat: People Used To Make Fun That Hrithik Came In Maruti, I Came In Mercedes
- Lifestyle COVID-19: Omicron Detected In 79% Samples Sequenced In January In Delhi, Delta Found In 13% Samples
- Education Lala Lajpat Rai Birth Anniversary: Some Lesser-Known Facts About Punjab Kesari
Toyota Kirloskar Motors (TKM) announces its sales figures for July 2021. According to the sales report, the company registers 13,105 units in domestic sales in the last month. Toyota has shown a growth in Month-on-Month and Year-on-Year in July.
The company sold 8801 units, which is 4,304 units less as compared to the sales numbers from July. This translates to a growth of over 49 per cent in monthly sales.
Comparing the numbers annually, Toyota sold just 5,386 units in July 2020, which is 7719 units less than the July 2021 sales figures. This has resulted in a Year-on-Year growth of 143 per cent.
Toyota July 2021 Sales (M-o-M Growth)
|July 2021||June 2021||Growth|
Toyota July 2021 Sales (Y-o-Y Growth)
|July 2021||June 2021||Growth|
Mr V. Wiseline Sigamani, Associate General Manager (AGM), Sales and Strategic Marketing, Toyota Kirloskar Motor, said, "July has been a good month for us as we have witnessed a significant surge in both demands as well as wholesales numbers, the second month in a row. Our pending orders were already very encouraging since June and in July, our retail sales have also been promising thereby drastically bringing down the gap between wholesales and retail figures.
The Innova Crysta and the Fortuner deserve a special mention here as both these models have significantly contributed to our total sales, thereby reiterating their segment leadership positioning in their respective segments. Even the Glanza and Urban Cruiser are doing consistently well month on month, especially owing to the need for personal mobility in the post-Covid era."
He further added, "We understand that such a surge in demand cannot be attributed to pent up demand alone, but also to the fact that there is a clear sign of positive momentum in the market. Having said that, some parts of the country are still under restrictions and once these restrictions are curbed, we hope that it will further aid demand as well as sales.
The company's aim right now is to cater to pending orders of our customers as well as focus on vaccination of both our employees, their families as well as dealer & supplier staff, so as to be able to minimise the risk of infections in the future. Companywide, 97% of our employees have received their first dose of vaccination and we are in the process to complete the vaccination for all our employees, including the ones 'working from home."
The company also recently announced that they will hike the price of the Innova Crysta MPV starting from August 1, 2021. The company will increase the prices by 2 per cent over the current ex-showroom prices of the MPV — here are all the details.
Thoughts About The Toyota Car Sales Report For July 2021
Much like other automotive brands in the country, Toyota has also bounced back by registering impressive monthly and annual growth in July 2021. The company has also concentrated its efforts to keep the workforce safe during the pandemic. However, Innova Crysta's prices are all set to increase from next month. Whether this will affect the sales of the MPV remains to be seen.