- 2 min ago Gogoro Viva Electric Scooter Patented In India: Will It Be Sold By Hero MotoCorp?
- 27 min ago Ford Patents In-Car Advertising Technology: Reads Roadside Advertisements & Displays It On Infotainment Screen
- 1 hr ago Mahindra Thar New Base Variant In The Works With New Engine: Here Are The Details
- 2 hrs ago MoEVing Partners With Hero Electric To Accelerate The Growth Of Electric Delivery Vehicles
- Movies Ram Pothineni Pens A Heartfelt Eulogy For His Grandfather; ‘You’ve Always Had The Heart Of A King’
- News After 'Nisarga' in 2020, cyclone Tauktae batters Maharashtra's Raigad again
- Finance Gems, Jewellery Exports Demand Surge in April: GJEPC
- Sports India women's cricketer Priya Punia loses mother to COVID-19, shares emotional post in her memory
- Technology DoT Might Ask TRAI To Set New Pricing For 5G Spectrum Band
- Lifestyle Style Alert: 4 Times Manushi Chhillar Showed Us How To Flaunt Wide-Leg Pants Stylishly And Effortlessly
- Education IIT Delhi Offering Six-Month Online Certificate Course In Data Science And Machine Learning
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In May
Toyota has announced its sales figures for the month of January 2021. According to the sales report, the company has managed to register a massive 92 per cent growth in the domestic market.
Toyota has registered 11,126 units of sales in the month of January 2021, which is almost double compared to the 5804 units sold during the same month in 2020. This includes the Glanza and Urban Cruiser models, part of the Toyota-Suzuki alliance.
The company also announced that the Toyota-Suzuki Alliance also registered the achievement of a new milestone. Toyota stated that the alliance has now clocked over 50,000 units of sales in the Indian market, since its first product introduction.
The alliance between the two brands currently has two offerings, the Glanza and Urban Cruiser — based on the Maruti Suzuki Baleno and Vitara Brezza offerings, respectively. Both models have received a positive response in the Indian market, bringing in good sales numbers month-on-month.
Apart from the above two models, the Toyota Innova Crysta and the Fortuner offerings have also received a good response. Both models have also been updated in the Indian market recently, further boosting its sales in their respective segments.
Naveen Soni, Sr. Vice President TKM said,
"The new year started on a positive note for us and our sales growth stands testimony to the same. Our wholesales have been very encouraging and the booking orders have also witnessed a significant rise."
"We launched the new Fortuner and Legender in the New Year to cater to the growing aspirations of our loyal customers who are seeking more style, comfort, and performance."
"We are humbled by the tremendous customer response for both the models, which shows in the continued trust and confidence in the Fortuner, which has been the segment leader since its launch more than a decade ago."
"Moreover, the new Innova Crysta launched in November last year, has also received an overwhelming response from the market."
He also mentioned, "Last month, we also achieved a significant milestone of clocking total sales of over 50,000 units for the Toyota-Suzuki alliance models, Glanza & the Urban Cruiser, ever since the launch of Glanza in June 2019. Both the models have proved their popularity in their respective segments and have also allowed us to welcome many new customers into the Toyota family."
Thoughts On The Toyota Car Sales Report For January 2021
Toyota has managed to start off 2021 on a positive note. The introduction of the updated Fortuner and Innova Crysta models, with the success of the Glanza and Urban Cruiser, have helped boost Toyota's sales. The company will be hoping to carry forward the momentum in the coming months as well.