- 18 hrs ago Ola Introduces Electric Vehicle Taxi Rides In London
- 19 hrs ago 2021 Mercedes-Maybach S680 Revealed: Epitome Of Luxury & V12 Power
- 24 hrs ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- 1 day ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- Finance 3 Post Office Schemes That Beat Bank Interest Rates
- News Anger, confusion over changed Covishield dose duration
- Movies Happy Birthday Nushrratt Bharuccha: Only True Fans Of The Actress Know These Lesser Known Facts About Her!
- Sports Warriors star Curry pips Wizards' Beal to second NBA scoring title
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In May
- Technology How To Update GB WhatsApp On Your Android Smartphones?
- Education Industry Leaders Cobble Up COVID Widows Initiative To Help Women Who Lost Their Partners To Pandemic
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan And Sanju
Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) has announced that its manufacturing operations at its facilities in Karnataka will be temporarily halted. The production in the plant will be halted from April 26 to May 14, 2021.
Images are for representation purpose only
The company will be carrying out periodic maintenance of plant and machinery during these non-production days. This is a standard annual maintenance program performed by the company.
According to Toyota, the annual maintenance program ensures the competitiveness of the plants. It will enhance the operational efficiencies, productivity and safety of equipment, from a time-to-time basis.
The company has also confirmed that due to the non-prodcution days at both the Toyota factories in Bidadi, Karnataka, the supply of vehicles will have an impact. Dealers could receive vehicles with a slight delay due to the halt in production.
The company has confirmed that it will be using the pipeline finished goods inventory to serve the pending & immediate requirements of its customers. It states, "However, any inconvenience thus caused to customers due to this temporary shut-down is regretted and the company along with its dealer partners will ensure that best efforts are made to mitigate such issues."
TKM has confirmed that the temporary halt in production will have no impact on the supply of other models such as the Glanza, the Urban Cruiser, and other imported vehicles. The service operations will remain functional across the country as well.
The company also stated that "Only a limited number of employees as permissible by the rules of social distancing & other mandatory guidelines will be engaged in essential jobs & activities at the plant. The management will also use this time to further enhance modern COVID-19 protection measures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all its people."
Toyota in India has its manufacturing unit based in Bidadi near Bangalore. Spread across 432 acres of land, Plant I has a capacity of Up to 1,00,000 units & Plant II with a capacity of up to 2,10,000 units, annually.
Thoughts About Toyota Announcing Temporary Production Halt For Maintenance Work
Toyota has chosen the right time to operate its manufacturing facilities with a lean workforce. The Covid-19 cases in Karnataka have increased sharply in recent days. This periodic maintenance work will ensure smooth working of plants and help maintain social distancing during the rising Covid-19 cases in the State.