- 1 hr ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- 15 hrs ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 18 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 22 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- News Development not reached all families in Amethi despite Gandhis 'rule' for 5 decades: Smriti Irani
- Lifestyle Ananya Panday Is Here To Set The Gram On Fire Yet Again With Her Brown Bralette
- Technology Week 38, 2021 Launch Roundup: Apple iPhone 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max, iPhone 13, 13 Mini, Realme C25Y, And More
- Sports IPL 2021: Lasith Malinga recalls time with four-time champions Mumbai Indians
- Finance How To Buy Silver In India? Different Investing Options In Silver
- Movies Mohit Raina Spills The Beans About His Role In Shiddat; 'Hoping People Will Love It'
- Education REET Admit Card 2021 Released, Download At reetbser21.com
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) has announced that its manufacturing operations at its facilities in Karnataka will be temporarily halted. The production in the plant will be halted from April 26 to May 14, 2021.
Images are for representation purpose only
The company will be carrying out periodic maintenance of plant and machinery during these non-production days. This is a standard annual maintenance program performed by the company.
According to Toyota, the annual maintenance program ensures the competitiveness of the plants. It will enhance the operational efficiencies, productivity and safety of equipment, from a time-to-time basis.
The company has also confirmed that due to the non-prodcution days at both the Toyota factories in Bidadi, Karnataka, the supply of vehicles will have an impact. Dealers could receive vehicles with a slight delay due to the halt in production.
The company has confirmed that it will be using the pipeline finished goods inventory to serve the pending & immediate requirements of its customers. It states, "However, any inconvenience thus caused to customers due to this temporary shut-down is regretted and the company along with its dealer partners will ensure that best efforts are made to mitigate such issues."
TKM has confirmed that the temporary halt in production will have no impact on the supply of other models such as the Glanza, the Urban Cruiser, and other imported vehicles. The service operations will remain functional across the country as well.
The company also stated that "Only a limited number of employees as permissible by the rules of social distancing & other mandatory guidelines will be engaged in essential jobs & activities at the plant. The management will also use this time to further enhance modern COVID-19 protection measures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all its people."
Toyota in India has its manufacturing unit based in Bidadi near Bangalore. Spread across 432 acres of land, Plant I has a capacity of Up to 1,00,000 units & Plant II with a capacity of up to 2,10,000 units, annually.
Thoughts About Toyota Announcing Temporary Production Halt For Maintenance Work
Toyota has chosen the right time to operate its manufacturing facilities with a lean workforce. The Covid-19 cases in Karnataka have increased sharply in recent days. This periodic maintenance work will ensure smooth working of plants and help maintain social distancing during the rising Covid-19 cases in the State.