- 28 min ago Tata Altroz i-Turbo Petrol Review (First Drive): The Gold Standard For Sporty Premium Hatchbacks?
- 15 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch Expected Soon: SPy Pics & Details
- 18 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Hiked By Up To Rs 34,000: Here Are The New Prices!
- 20 hrs ago TVS XL100 Winner Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 49,599
- Movies Mira Rajput Credits Hubby Shahid Kapoor For Helping Her Stay Calm And Happy During Her Pregnancies
- News From Lady Gaga to Garth, Miranda to Moreno: List of celebrities joining Biden's star-studded inauguration
- Finance PM Jan Dhan Account Holders Cross 41 Crore Mark
- Lifestyle Neha Dhupia Keeps It Bold And Beautiful In Her Stunning Red Maxi Dress
- Technology Realme X9 Teased By Company Executive; Could Be Rebranded V15 5G
- Education HTET Result 2021: Check BSEH HTET Result 2020 Date And Iris Biometric Candidate List
- Sports Tiger Woods undergoes fifth back surgery
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
The list of India's top-selling SUVs in 2020 has been released. The list showcases the Hyundai Creta registering the highest sales in the SUV segment, followed closely by its cousin, the Kia Seltos. The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza compact-SUV completes the top-three in the list.
The new-generation Hyundai Creta which was introduced in the Indian market back in March 2020, has received an overwhelming response in the Indian market, ever since its introduction. The Creta has been topping the SUV charts month-on-month, with December 2020 being no different.
Over the course of the year, the Hyundai Creta has registered 96,989 units of sales, making it the best-selling SUV in the 2020 calendar year. This is just a 2.8 per cent drop over its sales in CY2019, which is impressive, considering how 2020 turned out.
Following the Hyundai Creta is its cousin, the Kia Seltos. Launched in August 2019, the Seltos instantly became popular, bringing a fresh new face to the mid-size SUV segment.
Sales of the Kia Seltos over the course of the 2020 calendar year stood at 96,932 units, just a few units short of the Hyundai Creta. The sales of the Kia Seltos jumped by 113 per cent in 2020, compared to the SUV's sales at the end of 2019.
The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza compact-SUV sales in 2020 stood at 83,666 units. This is a significant drop of 34.2 per cent compared to 2019 when it registered 1,27,094 units of sales. The Vitara Brezza which led the compact-SUV sales for quite a while has off-late faced stiff competition from newer models such as the Hyundai Venue and the Kia Sonet.
Talking about competition, the Hyundai Venue comes in fourth with 82,428 units of sales. The compact-SUV from Hyundai has registered a 17% growth in yearly sales from 70,443 units in CY 2019.
Completing the top-five on the list is the Mahindra Bolero. This SUV has been one of the brand's best-selling models. The Bolero is an extremely capable and functional SUV, bringing in consistent volume sales for the homegrown UV manufacturer.
In 2020, the Mahindra Bolero registered 55,433 units of sales, which is, however, a drop of 20.4 per cent compared to its sales at the end of 2019, which stood at over 69,000 units.
|Rank||Model||CY 2020||CY 2019||Growth (%)|
|3||Maruti Vitara Brezza||83,666||1,27,094||-34.2|
Table Courtesy: Autopunditz.com
The two compact-SUVs of the Tata Nexon and the Kia Sonet occupy the sixth and seventh position, respectively. Sales of the Tata Nexon stayed almost flat at 48,842 units of sales, with just a marginal 1 per cent drop in its yearly comparison. The Kia Sonet launched during the mid-part of 2020, managed to register a decent 38,363 units of sales.
The Mahindra XUV300 and the Mahindra Scorpio occupy the eighth and ninth position on the list. The XUV300 registered 32,197 units while the Scorpio followed it with 31,240 units of sales in CY2020.
The final model on the list is the Ford EcoSport. The popular compact-SUV offering from the American brand registered 27,181 units of sales over the course of 2020. This is a 32 per cent decline from 2019 when sales of the EcoSport stood higher at close to 40,000 units.
Thoughts On The Best-Selling SUV of 2020 In India
The Hyundai Creta and the Kia Seltos have become the country's best-selling SUVs for the 2020 calendar year. However, with a host of new SUVs lined up for launch in 2021, it will be interesting to see how the tables vary at the end.